Ryan Smith goes back to Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Sharapova said:
Yes, I remember when his loan came to an end, he did a lap of honour at Filbo. Shame he never seemed to really push on from what he showed when he was with us.

Totally agree - I thought he was going to be England's star striker of the nineties!!

Has had a good career and still performing at the highest level.

Originally Posted by Real Sharapova
Yes, I remember when his loan came to an end, he did a lap of honour at Filbo. Shame he never seemed to really push on from what he showed when he was with us.

Fox From The Hudd said:
Totally agree - I thought he was going to be England's star striker of the nineties!!

Has had a good career and still performing at the highest level.
Bit confused here :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
:102: :102: :102: :102: :102:

Real Sharapova said:
Best moment was when he was brought on as a sub at Brighton, then taken off a few minutes later ( allegedly still suffering from sickness, nothing to do with the fact he was crap ) and then threw his toys out of the pram big time stylee!

Arguing with your own team mates when you are winning wasn't a good move. At least Kelly had the sense to sub him. For me it is his attitude that is holding him back - he has the skill

A question for those who are sad to see him go.

How many goals/assists did this wonder boy get for us?

:102: :102:

Motown Fox said:
Originally Posted by Real Sharapova

Bit confused here :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
:102: :102: :102: :102: :102:

Went on a tangent about Kevin Campbell :)

yes, 15 mins, second goal of the match.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Good move by RK and shows what is important, you can have all the tricks in the world, but without passion, guts, determination and hard work then it is worthless. Good positive move by RK and you begin to wonder how long Sylla and Williams will remain at the club if that is Kelly's view of players who seem uncommitted to the cause.

Agree with you wholeheartly. If fact I think Sylla's attitute has been worse. As for Williams, commitment and determination are the two big thing missing from his game which would have made him a full international. Unfortunately he's had this problem at the Trees as well as us and he'll never reach the hieghts that his skills deserve.

Last edited:
Yorkshire Vixen said:
well you can ask the same question about sylla :102:

But you wouldn't have people moaning if Sylla left would you. I actually think they are about as good as each other but the only difference is Sylla gets booed and Smith generally got cheered even though they were about as useful as a cock flavoured lollipop.

I suspect that the Foxestalk kids are only upset because they had him for Leicester in Champ Manager and we won promotion or something equally factual.

Last edited:
Dunc said:
I suspect that the Foxestalk kids are only upset because they had him for Leicester in Champ Manager and we won promotion or something equally factual.

:046:

:044: :044: :044:

Dunc said:
But you wouldn't have people moaning if Sylla left would you. I actually think they are about as good as each other but the only difference is Sylla gets booed and Smith generally got cheered even though they were about as useful as a cock flavoured lollipop.

:icon_lol:

bocadillo said:
Almost a goal every three games in a career that stretched over more than 400 games doesn't suggest that he was too bad a player.
I still think he was best as a youngster with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669