Ryanair flights extra baggage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_B

The missus booked us a holiday to the Costa leaving on Tuesday but just realised she only booked for one 15kg item of luggage between us.

On their sites T&C's it says I can purchase extra baggage at the airport so long as my personal allowance doesn't go above 15kg.

Does anyone on here know the current rate for purchasing an extra 10kg for me, their site just says "full price" as apposed to the £5 each way discount price.

They don't answer their phones.

The missus booked us a holiday to the Costa leaving on Tuesday but just realised she only booked for one 15kg item of luggage between us.

On their sites T&C's it says I can purchase extra baggage at the airport so long as my personal allowance doesn't go above 15kg.

Does anyone on here know the current rate for purchasing an extra 10kg for me, their site just says "full price" as apposed to the £5 each way discount price.

They don't answer their phones.

'Baggage allowance' bought on-line at the time of booking costs £5 - the so-called discount price. If you buy it later on the telephone through a call-centre or at the airport it costs £10 - the full price.

Are you saying that you will only be taking 10kg of luggage in total? If that is so and you can get it into a bag with dimensions no larger than 55cm x 40cm x 20cm, you could take it as cabin baggage with no further charge.

Or are you saying that you will want to purchase 10kg of excess? Excess is charged at £5.50 per kg or part kg.

It's also important to realise that the £5 discount price and the £10 full price are charged per bag and not per 15kg. If you want to check-in three items of luggage that weigh 5kg each, you will be charged three baggage fees!

Thanks for the info Boc, where was that? When I looked it didn't have the "it costs £10" bit, unless I missed it.

The missus purchased a 15kg, one suitcase allowance between us. I don't think that will be enough and so I want a 15kg, one suticase for me as well. Looking at that it should just cost me £10 e/w so I am happy with that.

Thanks for the info Boc, where was that? When I looked it didn't have the "it costs £10" bit, unless I missed it.

The missus purchased a 15kg, one suitcase allowance between us. I don't think that will be enough and so I want a 15kg, one suticase for me as well. Looking at that it should just cost me £10 e/w so I am happy with that.

15kg will not be enough for your missus alone. You will finish up carrying about 5kg of her stuff along with the 10 kg of your own stuff that she allows you to take.

I was already aware of what Ryanair charges for baggage (and certain other things) but they do list the amounts here on their website.

Last edited:
Good luck with flying Ryan Air....... you will need it

So I've heard. It was cheap though and I have purchased pretty comprehensive insurance so I think I'll be fine come what may.

Good luck with flying Ryan Air....... you will need it

I've travelled with Ryanair many times without a single problem. In terms of value for money, it can't be beaten. Many people would be unable to take flights if it wre not for the presence of operators such as Ryanair.

What would you say that you get extra for the larger amounts of dosh that you give to other airlines for a similar journey?

Got caught out on this on the way to my holidays. Ended up with half of my clothes in a holdal for hand luggage.

Still unsure how the Spanish will be when we leave Sunday.

Got caught out on this on the way to my holidays. Ended up with half of my clothes in a holdal for hand luggage.

Still unsure how the Spanish will be when we leave Sunday.

What do you mean by "Got caught out"? Do you mean that you didn't read things properly and turned up at the airport with excess baggage? That's hardly 'being caught out', is it?

Does anyone know what special documents or information I need to provide to fly to Spain?

Does anyone know what special documents or information I need to provide to fly to Spain?

A valid passport and your plane ticket - that should just about cover it.

Cheers, thought the spanish officials were asking for loads more info at the minute, city of birth etc

Cheers, thought the spanish officials were asking for loads more info at the minute, city of birth etc

Ah! I now understand what you are asking. The Spanish authorities have since about a month ago required Advance Passenger Information. This is collected at the time of check-in by your airline and communicated by the airline to Spain in time for your arrival. All the information that is needed (including the place of your birth) is recorded in your passport so there is nothing extra that you need to take.

At some time in the future you may have to provide this information earlier and other countries will almost certainly introduce similar rules.

Ah! I now understand what you are asking. The Spanish authorities have since about a month ago required Advance Passenger Information. This is collected at the time of check-in by your airline and communicated by the airline to Spain in time for your arrival. All the information that is needed (including the place of your birth) is recorded in your passport so there is nothing extra that you need to take.

At some time in the future you may have to provide this information earlier and other countries will almost certainly introduce similar rules.

SOrry to be a pain, but is it only stored in the new chipped passports, or the old ones aswell?

SOrry to be a pain, but is it only stored in the new chipped passports, or the old ones aswell?

The API (Advance Passenger Information) required for Spain is very basic. It consists of the full given names, surname, nationality, date of birth and passport number of all travellers. All of this is included in your passport - old or new.

Havana to Santiago: WW2 russian bi-plane with 9 seats in it!

What do you mean by "Got caught out"? Do you mean that you didn't read things properly and turned up at the airport with excess baggage? That's hardly 'being caught out', is it?

Plenty of people get caught out by the 15kg a case when they've got a number of cases. We nearly fell foul of this coming back from Spain when one case supposedly weighed 17 kg (with the other 2 clocking in at 11 and 12). We were at the back of the queue so the normal threat of making you go away, repack and then try again wouldn't work but a different set of scales clocked that case at 14.5 kg and then, when they reset the original scales, it registered 15.5 anyway.

Still, they got their own back by delaying the flight by 10 hours. ****s.

So I've heard. It was cheap though and I have purchased pretty comprehensive insurance so I think I'll be fine come what may.

You will be fine, even when you return to the UK through a different airport and are left to find your own way back to Standsted at 2am...... no ****ing Ryanair staff about either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669