Fox Travel coaches will depart at 10am.

£15 Adult STH
£13 Concession STH
£17 Adult NON STH
£15 Concession NON STH

Directions & Parking:

Approx 134 miles ... 2¾ hours

M1 South > M25 clockwise to J29 ....

Follow the A127 to Southend. Continue towards the town centre, through the lights near to the Bell Pub. At the next roundabout turn right (3rd turning), continuing on the A127. The ground is on the right just past the next traffic lights.

(Thanks to the Grounds-Guide for the directions)

Plenty of street parking available behind the away stand, alternatively there is a car park at the main stand (£5) or Southend High School (£5)

Trains:

First of all, please note the closest station is Prittlewell

All of the really cheap advance singles have been snapped up. An on the day ticket from Leicester to Prittlewell is £56.80

There is a £37 ticket currently available on the 10.25am from Leicester, arrives Prittlewell 13.10pm (£20). Returning on the 18.28pm from Prittlewell, arrriving Leicester 21.29pm (£17)

Alternitively groups of 3 or 4 travelling together can save on this journey. If anyone is interested in this, reply to the thread or PM me.

Typical examples (Excluding Z1 travelcard): 3 travelling: £35 each / 4 travelling: £26.25 each

Once in London, you will need a Z1 travelcard, and will need to make your way to London Liverpool Street. Trains leave approx every 20mins. The journey is just under 1 hour in each direction. The tube from King Cross St Pancras is direct on either the Hammersmith & City, Circle or Metropolitan lines. The tube journey is approx 10 mins.

Pubs:

The Cork & Cheese is where I shall be heading. A great pub that I visted last time we played there, and where I believe LB will be getting lashed before and after the game. Address: 10 Talza Way, Victoria Plaza, SS2 5BG. See RS post below

Last edited:
Re: Saaaarfend United - Sat 18th April '09 - 3pm

Pubs:

The Cork & Cheese is where I shall be heading. A great pub that I visted last time we played there, and where I believe LB will be getting lashed before and after the game. Address: 10 Talza Way, Victoria Plaza, SS2 5BG.
Sadly it is closed - I'll try and rustle up an alternative.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pubs:

The Cork & Cheese is where I shall be heading. A great pub that I visted last time we played there, and where I believe LB will be getting lashed before and after the game. Address: 10 Talza Way, Victoria Plaza, SS2 5BG.

Sadly it is closed - I'll try and rustle up an alternative.

:icon_sad::icon_sad::icon_sad:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeff,

Any joy with your transport for this one ?

Jeff,

Any joy with your transport for this one ?

Not yet, it doesn't look like there are any cheap advance train tickets available so I have plenty of time to work out the cheapest way to get there using walk on tickets. I'll probably drive the first hundred miles or so, so I might be looking at train tickets from somewhere like Preston.

If promotion is confirmed by then I might not go, I could use the money to go to the Scunthorpe game instead.

Only just over 200 tickets left.

Mine came yesterday, properly early start for me for this one! this could be the pormotion game

Mine came yesterday, properly early start for me for this one! this could be the pormotion game

It might just be the promotion game too :icon_bigg

Where can i get the best jellied eels ?

I expect people are waiting to see how we get on against Hereford and Leeds before deciding about Southend - then we'll have them on here all next week, moaning because they can't get tickets and saying that the system should be changed.

I expect people are waiting to see how we get on against Hereford and Leeds before deciding about Southend - then we'll have them on here all next week, moaning because they can't get tickets and saying that the system should be changed.

:):) i put my order in before the posh and carlisle games and its a ground ive not been to :)

I used to work near Southend,but not til half nine

:):) i put my order in before the posh and carlisle games and its a ground ive not been to :)

I've never classed you as 'people'.

might make a weekend of this one anyone know of a decent place to stay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566