Saganowski to sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MM promises that there are 'more and better players' on the way.
This gives me a bit of hope that deals are pretty far down the line with one or two of Saganowski, Mcleod, Kaebi, Holland or Best.

At least I hope so.

We're building a bit of a dirty, uncompromising looking defence, which will hopefully be paired to a reasonably threatening midfield and attack.

Sod Hayes.

Or maybe he's recovering some a niggle and can't do the medical until recovered or he's on holiday.

Allen did say he had verbal agreements from players who were on holiday. I'd imagine he is one of them.

Might he not be under contract until 1st July so we are just waiting until he is officially 110% ours? Could all go wrong until then I guess

Might he not be under contract until 1st July so we are just waiting until he is officially 110% ours? Could all go wrong until then I guess

I think your 100% correct. Every player we've had so far has turned down a new contract or been released. My guess is that Hayes is still under contract, and because of this were not allowed to announce it until July 1st.

From the BBC

Saganowski deal close says Burley

Southampton boss George Burley hopes to complete the signing of striker Marek Saganowski by the end of the week.

Saints had the 28-year-old Polish star on loan last season, and agreed a fee of £680,000 with French club Troyes for a permanent move a fortnight ago.

Other clubs including Leicester have since expressed their interest in him, but Saints still hope to get their man.

"We're optimistic things are going ahead in the next few days," Burley told BBC Radio Solent.

"We're very hopeful, and it will be a big bonus completing the Marek deal."

Saganowski spent the second half of last season on loan at St Mary's, scoring 10 goals in 13 games.

Earlier this week, Leicester chairman Milan Mandaric told the Mercury newspaper: "There are a number of clubs interested, I'm lying in wait - Marek is a player I like."

Bugger! But taking a step back it sounds to me like nothing more than a reassurance to fans. The deal is being rocked and now Burley possibly covering himself if it doesnt come off.

Last edited:
Mandaric's speech yesterday IMO has forced Southampton into syaing something to keep their fans happy, although it's a piss poor effort in doing so. The statement is so open, and it doesn't worry me in the slightest.

I think your 100% correct. Every player we've had so far has turned down a new contract or been released. My guess is that Hayes is still under contract, and because of this were not allowed to announce it until July 1st.

But when players are out of contract they can sign pre-contract from January the 1st. Just like Joey did when he left us. So there is no reason to delay til 1st July.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669