Satirical Cartoons

Status
Not open for further replies.
If people want to be offended by cartoons, they're the ones with the problem. Maybe they should grow up and start living in the 21st century.

But isn't that a major part of the problem. The '21st century' is a point in time and not a statement of living conditions and development.

Any informed or educated person that believes in any theist religion is either choosing to delude themselves or is incapable of processing information.

Any person that teaches or preaches about any theist religion in any way is someone with serious mental health issues in urgent need of anti-psychotic medication. I reserve a special place in the most remote insane asylum for any scientist that believes in any religion.

It is usually much easier to understand the events in Paris, Belfast, Israel, Iraq, Syria, etc, etc in this context. The human brain is a machine that is still evolving.

Theist religion was invented to explain the (then) inexplicable and create a means to control people. Neither are necessary any more.

Ridiculing any and all religions is essential to human development and any attempt to suppress this is futile. In fact, every attack on the right to ridicule and challenge religion is a positive thing. It simply wakes more people up to what religion is and does and recruits more to our inevitable anti-theist future.

Killing a bunch of mainly old people that create cartoons in France is so utterly insane that it can only be properly processed by me like this. France is one of the more advances countries, being mainly secular. It is disappointingly more so than our own country in this respect. However, given the advancement of science and information over the last century, I only give theists another century or so or murdering and violence before they are finally marginalised from humanity. The day will come when churches, synagogues and mosques are closed and bulldozed as frequently as pubs have been over the last few years.

On behalf of Blaarev and myself, I would like to apologise for our forefathers' somewhat unorderly behaviour during trips to the British Isles.

Does this include trying to get a lemonade in that Kings Road pub?

Any informed or educated person that believes in any theist religion is either choosing to delude themselves or is incapable of processing information.

Any person that teaches or preaches about any theist religion in any way is someone with serious mental health issues in urgent need of anti-psychotic medication. I reserve a special place in the most remote insane asylum for any scientist that believes in any religion.

If only a politician would dare to say something like this rather than all this nonsense about there being some kind of requirement to "respect" other religions and how a "diversity" of theist religions enriches our country. They don't feel a requirement to show respect towards each other's pretend political ideologies but religion has a special place.

One of the things I dislike most about British parliamentary politics is that anyone in the cabinet, shadow cabinet, or whatever all agrees that religion must be respected just because it's religion. Any MP who thinks otherwise would simply be confined to the fringes of their party and have no chance of getting anywhere near government.

If only a politician would dare to say something like this rather than all this nonsense about there being some kind of requirement to "respect" other religions and how a "diversity" of theist religions enriches our country. They don't feel a requirement to show respect towards each other's pretend political ideologies but religion has a special place.

One of the things I dislike most about British parliamentary politics is that anyone in the cabinet, shadow cabinet, or whatever all agrees that religion must be respected just because it's religion. Any MP who thinks otherwise would simply be confined to the fringes of their party and have no chance of getting anywhere near government.

At least we don't all have to swear allegiance to god as in the US.

It is usually much easier to understand the events in Paris, Belfast, Israel, Iraq, Syria, etc, etc in this context. The human brain is a machine that is still evolving.

Theist religion was invented to explain the (then) inexplicable and create a means to control people. Neither are necessary any more.

Ridiculing any and all religions is essential to human development and any attempt to suppress this is futile. In fact, every attack on the right to ridicule and challenge religion is a positive thing. It simply wakes more people up to what religion is and does and recruits more to our inevitable anti-theist future.

Killing a bunch of mainly old people that create cartoons in France is so utterly insane that it can only be properly processed by me like this. France is one of the more advances countries, being mainly secular. It is disappointingly more so than our own country in this respect. However, given the advancement of science and information over the last century, I only give theists another century or so or murdering and violence before they are finally marginalised from humanity. The day will come when churches, synagogues and mosques are closed and bulldozed as frequently as pubs have been over the last few years.
I knew I liked you.
At least we don't all have to swear allegiance to god as in the US.
Nobody has to in the US.

Ah ok. I wonder if they'd get elected if they weren't openly Christian?
Not likely.
Yeah, almost certainly not. Some states actually have (unconstitutional) laws forbidding atheists from holding office, including the one Miles lives in, per the following from the North Carolina constitution:

Sec. 8. Disqualifications for office.
The following persons shall be disqualified for office:
First, any person who shall deny the being of Almighty God.
Second, with respect to any office that is filled by election by the people, any person who is not qualified to vote in an election for that office.
Third, any person who has been adjudged guilty of treason or any other felony against this State or the United States, or any person who has been adjudged guilty of a felony in another state that also would be a felony if it had been committed in this State, or any person who has been adjudged guilty of corruption or malpractice in any office, or any person who has been removed by impeachment from any office, and who has not been restored to the rights of citizenship in the manner prescribed by law.

... given the advancement of science and information over the last century, I only give theists another century or so or murdering and violence before they are finally marginalised from humanity. The day will come when churches, synagogues and mosques are closed and bulldozed as frequently as pubs have been over the last few years.
Unfortunately, not a ****ing hope of that ever happening. It is far to useful to those that assume control for them to ever allow that to happen. They actively foment the type of incident that occurred in Paris to their own end and devices.

What I found particularly offensive about the 'Unity' march in Paris today was the likes of Erdogan and Netanyahu turning up, both of whom routinely use religious divisiveness to further their own agendas and who both have had dozens of journalists rounded up and arrested in the last couple of weeks. Not forgetting of course Enda ****ing Kenny having the brazen neck to turn up there when he leads the government of a country with a recently enacted blasphemy law.

I feel a bit nauseous after thinking about that, time to wrap together a fat one

Unfortunately, not a ****ing hope of that ever happening. It is far to useful to those that assume control for them to ever allow that to happen. They actively foment the type of incident that occurred in Paris to their own end and devices.

What I found particularly offensive about the 'Unity' march in Paris today was the likes of Erdogan and Netanyahu turning up, both of whom routinely use religious divisiveness to further their own agendas and who both have had dozens of journalists rounded up and arrested in the last couple of weeks. Not forgetting of course Enda ****ing Kenny having the brazen neck to turn up there when he leads the government of a country with a recently enacted blasphemy law.

I feel a bit nauseous after thinking about that, time to wrap together a fat one

Ye of little faith.

When you find out please let me know, I'll need to apologise too.

I am sure Cate that you never invaded Ireland or committed acts of terrorism.

Firstly you should only apologise when you think your behaviour was wrong - forced apologies are just hypocrisy.
Secondly you should only apologise for your own behaviour and to those who were directly affected.

As an Englishman I feel no need to apologise for the behaviour of the English toward my ancestors on the hillsides of Wales. Those Welsh ancestors cold and hungry have no reason to apologise for the slave trade they were not involved and saw little benefit. I also feel no need to personally apologise for their misbehaviour toward the descendants of sheep on those hillsides.

As an Englishman I feel no need to apologise for the behaviour of the English toward my ancestors on the hillsides of Wales. Those Welsh ancestors cold and hungry have no reason to apologise for the slave trade they were not involved and saw little benefit. I also feel no need to personally apologise for their misbehaviour toward the descendants of sheep on those hillsides.
I feel the need to apologise to all English people who during the course of their roast lamb Sunday lunch, have consume some of my man gravy.

Last edited:
Not sure about free speech but one should definitely be allowed to post pictures of late rabbits on online forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669