Scarborough's Rate and Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Limitless 7/10

Author bum and writer's block sufferer Bradley Cooper is introduced to an intelligence drug. He goes on a whirlwind campaign of success before discovering that he has been discovered. All good ludicrous fun.

It's funny how someone I've always considered a great actor Robert De Niro, as he has aged seems to be stuck in his Analyze This comedy persona even when playing serious roles.

I'd like to see him in this, but can't find it anywhere

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to see him in this, but can't find it anywhere

I took your advice. Yes it is good acting, Edward Norton is top class. An okay film but I got a bit bored and spent much of the time posting on here about my parking ticket.

De Niro does a certain facial expression, probably from his mob film background that was used to comical effect in Analyze This and Meet the Parents. Every time I see him do it, it reminds me of those films.

Depends where you are looking for the film, I found it but it was called ÅŸantaj which is either Turkish or Romanian for Blackmail I believe.

Last edited:
West is West, 8/10, set 5 years on from East is East, little 'un now like an asian Biilly Elliot with his cheeky remarks.

Adjustment Bureau, 8/10, what if?? Good film

City of God - not sure if I've mentioned this in this thread before but I don't think I have. Anyway I recommend this as a bit of a hidden gem. It's a foreign film with English subtitles about gang wars and the drug scene in 1970s Brazil (more specifically Rio de Janiero). Really great film detailing how children of a young age get involved with all the violence.

City of God - not sure if I've mentioned this in this thread before but I don't think I have. Anyway I recommend this as a bit of a hidden gem. It's a foreign film with English subtitles about gang wars and the drug scene in 1970s Brazil (more specifically Rio de Janiero). Really great film detailing how children of a young age get involved with all the violence.

It's a very well known cult classic. Great film.

Taken : 8/10

A former spy relies on his old skills to save his estranged daughter, who has been forced into the slave trade.

I personally thought it was great and also it outlines the danger of young girls going on holidays and the dangers of the real world.

Piranha (2010) - It's got Kelly Brook in. Nekkid. So it's worth a watch in that respect alone. Plenty of naked women, gruesome deaths, blood and gore. It was an okay film, I never saw the original but this alright. 6/10

Resident Evil: Afterlife - I enjoyed this, it was a bit OTT naff style at first but over all was a decent film. Sticks more closely to the games than the previous Resident Evil films which was a good thing, for nostalgic reasons more than anything. 7/10

Murder in the first: - 8/10, Kevin Bacon, Christian slater, Gary Oldman, story of Henry Youngs and his time/mistreatment in Alcatraz, very good film.
Best I've seen KB act.

Murder in the first: - 8/10, Kevin Bacon, Christian slater, Gary Oldman, story of Henry Youngs and his time/mistreatment in Alcatraz, very good film.
Best I've seen KB act.

Surely it doesnt better his performance in Footloose?? :icon_lol:

Footloose, yes I do have it on DVD and yes I do consider KB to be a fine actor.

If City of God can be considered a "hidden gem" then so can Casablanca! It's one of the most loved films of the past 20 years or so.

I think it's a very, very average film myself, but then I've never really been into crime and/or gang(ster) films anyway.

Last edited:
If City of God can be considered a "hidden gem" then so can Casablanca! It's one of the most loved films of the past 20 years or so.

I think it's a very, very average film myself, but then I've never really been into crime and/or gang(ster) films anyway.

I've never actually watched Casablanca... does that make me a bad person? :icon_lol:

There's plenty of people who haven't seen it. I know some people who won't watch black and white films for some utterly bizarre reason.

I know its not black and white, but I love Gone with the Wind. Long film, but great story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669