Scowy to Norwich!

Status
Not open for further replies.

glover7

says on the bbc website that papers have released that scowy may be going to norwich for 600k! im crying with happiness! sell the donky he has never shown any ability and we should look to offload him!

haz

It's no real evidance though is it. Crap newspapers like The Star always make up things like this, last season one of the tabloids said that Nicky Butt was joining us!

And did he?

Unsuprisingly not...

Then again, 3 weeks before he joined, I read a rumour in The Sun that Dennis Wise was going to join us from Chelsea. My sides were splitting when I read it, I thought it was the biggest bit of dog's dangly bits that I had ever seen. Just a shame that it did happen, the stupid little diving f*cking ars*hole cheating b*stard. :lol:

The Times are reporting that we have rejected a £500k bid!!! If this is true either we are stupid or Scowys got a huge loyalty bonus built in to that wonderful contract of his.

surely the loyalty bonus only comes into play if he sees out the contract?

i would be shocked if we rejected 500k - we'd lose a good player (altho garbage of late) but we could do so much with that money

At the minute we couldn't afford to say no, as he will leave on a free at the end of the season anyway!

yeh thinking about it if it does come down to a loyalty bonus surely he'd be entitled to that at the end of the season anyway? so it would be a case of 500k now and (maybe) have to pay off some sort of loyalty bonus, or nothing in the summer, 6months more wages + a loyalty bonus. it doesnt make any sense financially

Country Fox said:
surely the loyalty bonus only comes into play if he sees out the contract?

i would be shocked if we rejected 500k - we'd lose a good player (altho garbage of late) but we could do so much with that money

Normally if a player is sold without asking for a transfer, they will be entitled to receive the loyalty bonus.

If Scowcroft is due a big bonus at the end of the season, but not if he's sold, he's hardly going to agree to a transfer now unless Norwich make him an offer he can't refuse, which I think is unlikely.

So I don't think the question of the loyalty bonus should really come into it.

I'd be very surprised if the club has turned down that kind of offer - unless there are strings attached. Maybe they want to pay most of the fee only if they stay up. Or maybe they can't offer Scowcroft the same money as he's on now and want us to make up the difference.

The other thing to remember is. when a player is on a free transfer he can demand a larger salery

step said:
The other thing to remember is. when a player is on a free transfer he can demand a larger salery

Probably in Scowcroft's interest to go out on loan rather than a straight transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669