Season Ticket prices 2012-13 revealed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that this close season will mark a watershed.

The spending phase has failed and they are stuck with debts and a brand that is a liability to their portfolio.

What would you do if you were them?

They were either going to go for broke and throw lots more money at the situation or cut costs try to raise revenue and generally play hard ball.
If they keep the club then they have got to go for sustainability if they are preparing to sell they've got to try to market a more viable product.

I think many of us have anticipated that the largesse was going to dry up ......I've always thought that failure to gain promotion this season would have major consequences.

is there anything to stop season ticket holders in the Kop moving to the south stand and taking advantage of the price freeze?

Football is no different, they have larger overheads year after year and they have to put their prices up accordingly just as every other industry is doing, Of course this is simply me playing devils advocate but go ahead....

When times are tough people still have to pay for utilities, food, transport etc. But football is a luxury, and it's one of the things that people can choose not to pay for. And if they decide not to renew their ticket, maybe they'll find something else to do on a Saturday/Sunday/Monday, and will be gone forever.
If enough people don't renew - and don't buy many match tickets during the season, the price increase will result in lower ticket income, rather than the increase the club will be hoping for.

The problem is, a lot of people will just pay it anyway, because they're addicted, and they're not going to go and and support another team, even if it does cost less.
The cheapest renewal at Derby (lower tier behind the goal), is £300. Are our Kop season ticket holders going to get £90 more value from their ticket?

I think that this close season will mark a watershed.

The spending phase has failed and they are stuck with debts and a brand that is a liability to their portfolio.

What would you do if you were them?

They were either going to go for broke and throw lots more money at the situation or cut costs try to raise revenue and generally play hard ball.
If they keep the club then they have got to go for sustainability if they are preparing to sell they've got to try to market a more viable product.I think many of us have anticipated that the largesse was going to dry up ......I've always thought that failure to gain promotion this season would have major consequences.

I think the big spending days are over now Pearson's here. The man and his team know how to find quality on a tight budget and I wouldn't be surprised if that was one of the main things our owners liked about him - they obviously realise the big spending has failed, so now they want to go about things a bit more sensibly and Pearson is the perfect manager for that. I said it on another thread - for less than the initial fee we paid for Matt Mills (rumoured to be around £3.5 million up front) he's brought in Morgan, Marshall and Drinkwater. If that doesn't represent value and nous in the transfer market, I don't know what does.

I'd be very, very surprised if we spent any more than about 2-3 million quid in this transfer window. There'll be a few free transfers, a few loans and a few well thought out purchases.

The cheapest renewal at Derby (lower tier behind the goal), is £300. Are our Kop season ticket holders going to get £90 more value from their ticket?

As a Leicester fan I would say Yes.

When times are tough people still have to pay for utilities, food, transport etc. But football is a luxury, and it's one of the things that people can choose not to pay for. And if they decide not to renew their ticket, maybe they'll find something else to do on a Saturday/Sunday/Monday, and will be gone forever.
If enough people don't renew - and don't buy many match tickets during the season, the price increase will result in lower ticket income, rather than the increase the club will be hoping for.

The problem is, a lot of people will just pay it anyway, because they're addicted, and they're not going to go and and support another team, even if it does cost less.

Good post.

And one of the many times when I am glad that I'm not addicted.

Good post.

And one of the many times when I am glad that I'm not addicted.

I used to be addicted, but we are now a total bag of shit, I can never imagine me being addicted to bags of shit.

Depends on how good the shit is and how big the bag.

I think the big spending days are over now Pearson's here. The man and his team know how to find quality on a tight budget and I wouldn't be surprised if that was one of the main things our owners liked about him - they obviously realise the big spending has failed, so now they want to go about things a bit more sensibly and Pearson is the perfect manager for that. I said it on another thread - for less than the initial fee we paid for Matt Mills (rumoured to be around £3.5 million up front) he's brought in Morgan, Marshall and Drinkwater. If that doesn't represent value and nous in the transfer market, I don't know what does.

I'd be very, very surprised if we spent any more than about 2-3 million quid in this transfer window. There'll be a few free transfers, a few loans and a few well thought out purchases.

Yes - I agree with all that except I wonder if there will be a net spend at all. Obviously we need to take account of wages as well as transfer fees.

The problem as always as in everything else: you buy at high proces & you sell at low prices.

How would you describe Doncaster or Coventry?

My limited vocabulary could never do the shitness of mentioned clubs justice Matt.

Seniors tickets now only available to over-65s rather than over-60s. No gradual increase of the threshold so that means that some people who have already qualified for the cheaper ticket are going to have to go back to buying a more expensive one for a few years.

From the (now downloadable) brochure ...

nb : Any current 2011/12 Season Ticket Holder aged between 60 and 64 who renews their Season Ticket for 2012/13 will be offered a Senior Season Ticket price,
as long as they renew prior to June 9 2012.

Last edited:
From the (now downloadable) brochure ...

This has been previously mentioned. It does only applies to renewals though. Those who have 'skipped' a year and, presumably, match-by-match purchasers will be hit by a big rise.

No (obvious) mention of students? They were banded in with U18s last year.

There is a very obvious mention of students in the brochure. It reads, "For 2012/13 there are no specific price categories for Students either in full or part-time education. All supporters can however benefit from the age categorisations stated above."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669