Second chance Saloon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be happy to see MDV given another chance. Nobody seems to know what happened that prompted his 'exile' to Holland.

Certainly when he was here, although he sometimes appeared clumsy in front of goal, he held the ball up well and was our top scorer. His scoring rate is the same as Hume and much better than Fyatt

If he is now meaner and faster, that surely puts him on a par for consideration against the likes of Hume and Fryatt, who did not look outstanding yesterday against inferior opposition?

MDV couldnt as he was shipped out on loan :102:

must say i would only want MDV to stay the rest can be shot

Newts, the truth is regardless of the spin that some posters use regarding his scoring record, MDV is nowhere near good enough, a player who lived off the back of two decent cup performances against superior opposition, but in the bread and butter of the championship was mediocre at best.

Hume and Fryatt, who did not look outstanding yesterday against inferior opposition?
Don't dis the Huuuuuuume Mike, the Voodoo dolls and the burning effigys will all be taking your form.

The nutters will get you Mike, they're coming!!!

I don't anyone can seriously judge players performance on the first preseason, especially at grounds like quorn and oadby.

I would be happy to see MDV given another chance. Nobody seems to know what happened that prompted his 'exile' to Holland.

Certainly when he was here, although he sometimes appeared clumsy in front of goal, he held the ball up well and was our top scorer. His scoring rate is the same as Hume and much better than Fyatt

If he is now meaner and faster, that surely puts him on a par for consideration against the likes of Hume and Fryatt, who did not look outstanding yesterday against inferior opposition?

MDV represents everything that was wrong with the Levein era, players signed with a hunger and desire to do well, the problem was these players were then put on contracts that eroded that desire and ambition, De Vries is cumbersome, with a inconsistent touch and is poor finisher who scored goals invariably against the poorer opposition at the time, 2 goals vs Blackpool (Lower league opposition), 2 goals vs a struggling Cov team and 2 goals vs a poor and newly promoted Sheff Wed team. Harly sets the pulse racing.

FFS lets have some perspective, this has been quite possibly the worst squad in our clubs history and there is very few who have lifted themselves above the mediocrity or displayed any amount of character, guts or determination to make one iota of difference. If we are serious about getting back to the premiership then the likes of MDV have to be shown the door, he is nowhere the near the standard required, regardless of whether he has shed one stone, two stone or fecking three.

Newts, the truth is regardless of the spin that some posters use regarding his scoring record, MDV is nowhere near good enough, a player who lived off the back of two decent cup performances against superior opposition, but in the bread and butter of the championship was mediocre at best.

i agree with some of what you have just said ,i just feel MDV could give more with the right manager kicking his ass ,he's lost around 3-4 stone too and when i spoke to him last he has got his mind set to get back in the team and show all the "boo boys "what he can do ,IMO this is his last chance and if he dont do it then its his own fault and carnt blame anyone
the rest of them still want shooting :icon_bigg:icon_wink

i agree with some of what you have just said ,i just feel MDV could give more with the right manager kicking his ass ,he's lost around 3-4 stone too and when i spoke to him last he has got his mind set to get back in the team and show all the "boo boys "what he can do ,IMO this is his last chance and if he dont do it then its his own fault and carnt blame anyone

Get a room :icon_wink

Don't dis the Huuuuuuume Mike, the Voodoo dolls and the burning effigys will all be taking your form.

The nutters will get you Mike, they're coming!!!

:icon_lol:

voodoo-mardi-gras-doll.jpg

I don't anyone can seriously judge players performance on the first preseason, especially at grounds like quorn and oadby.

Gradel and Hellings looked good. Maybe they would have looked VERY good on a decent pitch.

Or maybe Hume and Fryatt were unlucky to come up against the best non-league centre backs in the land who cancelled out their talent!

Newts he had his chance IMO and he blew it, he is not good, nowhere near good enough. If he was he would have been banging goals in left, right and centre, the problem with MDV was never with his weight or his attitude, it is just the fact that he lacked the natural ability needed to succeed at this level.

If we really are serious about putting the sorry chapter of the last 3 seasons behind us then the likes of MDV has to go. FFS we will be suggesting that Hammond deserves another go next. We have to be ruthless there is no room for sentiment otherwise another chance to lift the gloom will have slipped from our grasp.

Gradel and Hellings looked good. Maybe they would have looked VERY good on a decent pitch.

Or maybe Hume and Fryatt were unlucky to come up against the best non-league centre backs in the land who cancelled out their talent!

I'd heard the opposite about Hellings to be honest, I think it was from Hazz

Newts he had his chance IMO and he blew it, he is not good, nowhere near good enough. If he was he would have been banging goals in left, right and centre, the problem with MDV was never with his weight or his attitude, it is just the fact that he lacked the natural ability needed to succeed at this level.

If we really are serious about putting the sorry chapter of the last 3 seasons behind us then the likes of MDV has to go. FFS we will be suggesting that Hammond deserves another go next. We have to be ruthless there is no room for sentiment otherwise another chance to lift the gloom will have slipped from our grasp.

fair enough ;)

Both MDV and Hammond's records for City since signing perm contracts :

MDV 35 +(20) Apps 10 Goals

Elvis 36 +(28) Apps 10 Goals

Pretty similar records and a reflection on both players abilities and an indicator as to why neither IMO can be considered good enough to be given yet another opportunity under a third manager.

Both MDV and Hammond's records for City since signing perm contracts :

MDV 35 +(20) Apps 10 Goals

Elvis 36 +(28) Apps 10 Goals

Pretty similar records and a reflection on both players abilities and an indicator as to why neither IMO can be considered good enough to be given yet another opportunity under a third manager.

Just as a comparison:

hume 67 (15) 22
fryatt 39 (12) 9

Simple analysis would say Fryatt is not pulling his weight. :icon_conf

Using my usual crude, non-scientific approach, it very approximately resolves thus:

Hume - 1 in 3.7 games
MDV - 1 in 5.5 games
Fryatt - 1 in 5.7 games
Elvis - 1 in 6.4 games

A clear winner, but all of them pretty shocking.

So what about Hume's record puts him way above the new and by all reports, vastly improved MDV, to say MDV should not get a another chance.
MDV cannot be blamed for last year's performance - he wasn't here, but Hume was!

So what about Hume's record puts him way above the new and by all reports, vastly improved MDV, to say MDV should not get a another chance.
MDV cannot be blamed for last year's performance - he wasn't here, but Hume was!

You are right MDV was not here last season however he was the season before that which was equally as poor. Hume is the best of a very poor bunch and his scoring record, level of performance and his attitude more than merits his opportunity to be part of the new regime. The rest can feck off.

MDV couldnt as he was shipped out on loan :102:

must say i would only want MDV to stay the rest can be shot

I am with you on that one Newts- he will never be a world beater, but was not given a fair crack of the whip before. I saw im have some great games for the scabby Jambos up here before he came to City and thought he would do well.

I think MA still sees the majority out of the door.

Hughes was highly thought of up here, but was always lightweight and he has not built himself up or changed that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670