Semi-finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
A semi final that will be over by lunch, I wish I could say I was surprised.

This has truly been the worst world cup imaginable and I'm sure it will end with a predictable win for Australia on Saturday.

Before the match started, Betfred were offering 4/6 on an Aussie win. Awesome odds. They wanted to give money away today obviously. I chucked £50 on it. Should be pretty much guaranteed

Just think it could have been England facing the Aussies

I did £80 on Australia to win the W.C a few days ago got okish odds considering.

Also did £5 on Hayden, to be man of the match in this match, if he stays right till the end of this innings then he has a chance, but im sure Tait or McGrath will get it!

I did £80 on Australia to win the W.C a few days ago got okish odds considering.

Also did £5 on Hayden, to be man of the match in this match, if he stays right till the end of this innings then he has a chance, but im sure Tait or McGrath will get it!

lost that one Hayden is out ! ! !

Both semi-finals have been disappointing anti-climaxes. I was really looking forward to this world cup but its never taken off.

India and Pakistans early exit ruined the super 8's. Only England seem to have been involved in a couple of close games and only an amazing final will lift it out of the doldrums.
Disappointed that the games governing body didn't recognize the over priced tickets which kept the local fans away. Too many games played in front of pathetic crowds.
Bring the comp back to England. We'll still get knocked out but at least the competition would feel like the world cup

Some nice stats for you...
50 matches so far.
- 23 games won by 48 or more runs. (12 by over 100 runs)
- 22 games won by 4 or more wickets. (16 by 7 or more wickets)

The 5 other games are
Ireland tied with Zimbabwe
Sri Lanka beat England by 2 runs
South Africa beat Sri Lanka by 1 wicket (1.4 overs left)
England beat West Indies by 1 wicket (0.1 overs left) (dead game)
Ireland beat Pakistan by 3 wickets (D/L) (8.2 overs left)

So effectively 10% of games have been worth watching. Not a great endorsement for cricket!

Haha....that was a joke right?

Sri Lanka fielded a weak team in the Super 8's game against Australia and arguably have the best bowling attack. I think it might be closer then people think.

Sri Lanka fielded a weak team in the Super 8's game against Australia and arguably have the best bowling attack. I think it might be closer then people think.

I still cant see it. Sri Lanka are easily the 2nd best team in this tournament but the Aussies are miles ahead of them. Tait and McGrath are on fire and Hogg can be as good as Murali if the pitch is right on Saturday.

I hope Sri Lanka do those Aussies over! I had predicted them to win the World Cup before it had started but the Australians have looked very strong all tournament!

its got the makings of a close game both have explosive batsmen and a great bowling attack.

i hope Sri Lanka will sneak it. Ponting is averaging 71 with the bat and has not had a bad innings. if he comes unstuck the Aussie will come under pressure for the first time in the tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669