Shannon Matthews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blimey. Very rarely do these things turn out this way.

apparently its not been confirmed yet but a neighbour who lives in the area where shannon has been reportedly seen has claimed she has seen shannon leave the house next door...i just hope to god this isnt some kind of misunderstanding

This is really good news. So often it ends in tragedy. It makes this a good day.

Or some weird family cover up.

Sky News:

Missing schoolgirl Shannon Matthews has been found alive in Batley Carr, West Yorkshire, a friend has comfirmed to Sky News.

Police had been searching for the nine-year-old for over three weeks.

The youngster has now been taken to a police station where she will be reunited with her mother.

Sky's north of England correspondent Gerard Tubb said: "I only know that she is alive but I wasn't given any impression that she was harmed.

"They've got her, they're very excited."

Shannon failed to return home from school after a swimming trip on February 19.

Her mother Karen Matthews, 32, a mother-of-seven from Dewsbury, West Yorks, said soon after: "She got abducted. That's all I can say."

Asked if someone she knew was responsible, she said: "It seems that way because there's no trace of her at all.

"There's no trace of her swimming costume, her towel or anything like that that she's taken with her."

Shannon had been dressed in a black jumper with a school logo, a white cotton T-shirt, black trousers and a waist-length black coat with fur round the hood.

One national newspaper offered a £20,000 reward for information about her disappearance.

Police searched more than 200 homes and received over 300 calls from the public in their extensive investigation.

Friends and neighbours also distributed leaflets appealing for information about Shannon's whereabouts across West Yorkshire.

Great minds and all that - I think someone may be charged with wasting police time at some point.........

It was very weird a few days ago when the mother said that she thought Shannon had been taken by somebody that she (the mother) knew in order to spite her. I saw this interview and heard it on the radio. Yet an hour or so later, there seemed to be no trace of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669