Shearer Newcastle boss (rumour)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean dont get me wrong, the guy is a total legend as a player especially at Newcastle

*Especially* at Newcastle? Deffo not in Leicester, Manchester, Sunderland, Portsmouth.......................

It gets better

*Especially* at Newcastle? Deffo not in Leicester, Manchester, Sunderland, Portsmouth.......................

Well, given that mostve those fans also support England, id say, yes :icon_wink

Besides, when do you have to support a team to consider one of their players a legend?

Master stroke by Mike Ashley, galvanises the club in their hour of need, personally I reckon Shearer will keep them up and if he doesn't then Ashley will have at least been seen to have done something positive.

I think so too.

The people involved and most of all Shearer have taken the view that they have enough home games to gain the points and 'Big' clubs like Newcastle sometimes get a few favours from others in these types of situations.

As people have said - Shearer can't possibly lose on this one. If they stay up then he and Ashley get the credit- if they go down Shearer doesn't get the blame.

Shearer may not come across as the brightest but this is a seriously smart move for him.

why are people thinking Shearer wont get the blame if they go down? :102: From any fans eyes, theyve got Stoke, Boro, Portsmouth and Fulham all to play. Really winnable games, and possibly Villa in the form theyre in. You dont think if he loses all those games hes not gonna get blamed just a bit?

Fans are fickle, i remember some of our fans singing "Gerry Taggart, what a w*nker" when we were losing a game last season when he was in joint charge, and they didnt even have that a bad a record, certainty no worse than what had come before iirc.

Last edited:
He's their 4th manager since September ... nearly as bad as us last year! (and look how that turned out)

why are people thinking Shearer wont get the blame if they go down? :102: From any fans eyes, theyve got Stoke, Boro, Portsmouth and Fulham all to play. Really winnable games, and possibly Villa in the form theyre in. You dont think if he loses all those games hes not gonna get blamed just a bit?

It's so very simple why he won't be blamed. It lies in the old adage "He who smiles in adversity has thought of someone else to blame".

Shearer has the owner as the number one scapegoat - and rightly so too, the 'London Mafia' has a whole and Wisey in particular.

I would quite like to see Newcastle relegated - but for no particular reason, but I think it will be WBA (already gone), Middlesborough (little quality) and I've always thought Hull would struggle to get to 41/42 points.

My guess is that Newcastle will now be galvanised and turn it on - especially at home. This won't mean that Shearer is a good manager - but it is a very smart short term fix (at the very least).

We shall see, won't we.

He's their 4th manager since September ... nearly as bad as us last year! (and look how that turned out)

The difference being that Holloway was only an iconic figure at Leicester to a few idiots - whilst Shearer (who I find to be extremely boring) is nonetheless a talismatic figure on Tyneside and that might well inspire short term success.

Would be typical of Shearer imo.

If he keeps them up he his the saviour.

If they go down then it wouldnt be his fault

Talking to a geordie fan at work and he is already resigned to them being relegated. He actually thinks that Mike Ashley (spurs fan) has had a bet with someone, that he can ruin the club.:icon_lol:

Is he Willllow in disguise?

He says if he keeps them up he won't stay on. He will be doing MOTD next year.
Even more reason to want Newcastle down!

He says if he keeps them up he won't stay on. He will be doing MOTD next year.
Even more reason to want Newcastle down!

If he keeps them up - and I think he will, I can't see him stepping down and I think it even less likely that Joe Kinnear will ever return as manager whatever happens.

Blackburn just taken the lead against spurs going into injury time. Looks like Shearers bonfire has been pissed on already :icon_lol:

Now a result

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673