Sheehan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont see the left back position as a problem really to be honest. Sheehan looked good today but as someone said earlier probably a little raw and his lack of experience showed at points.

We havent seen enough of Gilbert yet to judge him and he hasnt been fully fit when we have seen him.

Hughes did really well on the left of midfield today and looked like he had been playing there for a while.

Long term Sheehan will be a good player. He needs first team experience and I would beg everyone to be patient with him in the short term as he will make mistakes and there will be time when he doesnt quite get it right where someone with a little more experience would get it right. Lets just be patient and lets hope he can turn into the player he appears to have the potential to become.

fcukcov said:
Long term Sheehan will be a good player. He needs first team experience and I would beg everyone to be patient with him in the short term as he will make mistakes and there will be time when he doesnt quite get it right where someone with a little more experience would get it right. Lets just be patient and lets hope he can turn into the player he appears to have the potential to become.

Spot on on there.

Sheehan did make mistakes on Saturday, but it seemed to me that he was getting the ball more than most at the back and was being used as the release for the defense, so percentage wise on bad passes/mistakes I do not think he was any worse than most on the pitch. For young lad he was given a hell of alot of responsability. On the Sheehan/Gilbert debate both are young with room to develope, but it could be down to how good they are at set pieces which decides who starts and Sheehan did'nt seem to bad on Saturday.

Fox Fan said:
Yea sure Sheehan did well today, but don't get carried away! The guy made plenty of mistakes and towards the end of the first half his confidence was clearly dipping. He was often getting caught in possestion or his passes were getting intercepted.

Granted these are things that can be worked on, but against a better team Sheehans mistakes would of been punished! Not to mention he liked to hit and hope up the left, with a degree of success, but no less that tactic didn't help build our attacks.

Don't get carried away here fellas, he looked good - but he is not the Finished article.

Totally agree i thought some of his passing was terrible and there were a lot of hit and hopes....i'm not slating the young lad cos i'm a big fan and hopefully he is the answer to the LB situation.......in time to come confidence will come and the loose balls and the hit and hopes will disappear

Bilborough Fox said:
After today I would say that the LB problem should not cause us a problem long term. Both Sheehan & Gilbert will get better, in gilbert case as he gets fitter and settles down in the area properly. Alan will definitly improve as he matures and plays more in the first team. On the whole his performance today was competent and certainly gave us more balance to have a natural left footer in defence. It was also noticeable that Maybury's play was much improved in his natural position.

you have to take your hat off to levein, we've had problems at left-back, centre-half and up front and he changed all 3 around for the sheff wed game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669