Sheff Weds - 6th March 2010 - 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

Kick off:

3pm

Tickets:

We have been allocated 1514 tickets for this fixture.

Adults £18
Concessions £10

Mon 22 Feb - P1
Tue 23 Feb - P2
Wed 24 Feb - P3
Thu 25 Feb - Members
Fri 26 Feb - General Sale

Fox Travel:

Fox Travel coaches will depart the stadium at 11am.

Adult STH - £14
Concession STH - £12
Adult NON STH - £17
Concession NON STH - £15

Directions & Parking:

Approx 80 miles (avoids Sheffield city centre) - 1½ hours

Leave he M1 at J36, and join the A61 signposted Sheffield. Continue on this road for approx 8 miles and the ground will be on your right hand side.

Street parking is available if you arrive early, otherwise there a plenty of official and unoffical car parks within walking distance.

Trains:

There are 2 trains an hour from Leicester, leaving at approx 4 minutes and 35 minutes past the hour.

Coming back there at least 4 direct trains between 6.18pm and 7.27pm.

A walk up off peak return is £21.70 - however you can save money by purchasing split tickets (Leic > Derby & Derby > Sheffield) **You do not need to change trains**

Leic > Derby = £8.70 off peak day return
Derby > Sheff = £8.50 off peak day return
Total: £17.20

Groups of 3 or 4 can make even bigger savings. Purchase Group Save tickets for either 3 or 4 on the legs above.

Groups of 3: £11.45 each (total)
Groups of 4: £8.60 each (total)

Getting to the ground from the train station is easiest via the tram. There is a stop at the train station itself. Jump on the blue line which takes you into the city, and change on to the yellow line. Leave at 'Leppings Lane' - Hillsborough is not the closest stop!

Pubs:

Plenty in the city centre, or the Hillsborough Hotel (Langsett/Primrose View tram stop) is highly recommended nearer to the ground.

Nottingham Fox said:
Pubs:

Plenty in the city centre, or the Hillsborough Hotel (Langsett/Primrose View tram stop) is highly recommended nearer to the ground.

Theres a Weatherspoons pub next to Castle Square tram stop where u can get the tram u need to Middlewood which stops at Leppings Lane NOT Malin Bridge tram else u have to change again

Last edited by a moderator:
Theres a Weatherspoons pub next to Castle Square tram stop where u can get the tram u need to Middlewood which stops at Leppings Lane NOT Malin Bridge tram else u have to change again

Thanks for changing the quote for us Notts in my post which I did on my mobile -hence the error- whilst on the way to a survey job I was doing on the tram from Meadowhall to Middlewood (by coincidence).
Whilst on the journey I noticed quite a few pubs not far from some of the tram stops including the one you mention (Hillsborough Hotel) - which I'm told by someone I was working with that it serves Real Ales and the one I mentioned in the town centre - which is called The Bankers Draft. Being in the town centre it is closely patrolled by the local constabulary.
Another Real Ale pub I'm told is The Wellington which is adjacent to the Shalesmoor tram stop which is on the same line. Another Wetherspoons pub which is actually in Hillsborough (2 stops from Leppings Lane) its self is called Rawson Spring but might be full of Wednesday fans on a match day so I'm told.
There are Supertram day rider's available which enable you to use any tram (or Stagecoach bus) during the day of your ticket and is cheaper than 2 singles also if you are drinking up by the University then this might be useful -
Also if there is an event at the Sheffield Wednesday Football ground a £2.50 event return is available for travel between the University of Sheffield tramstop and Leppings Lane tramstop.
also please note anyone going with a High School child that you will probably pay full fare see-
Children 11-15 years inclusive - 40p but MUST be in possession of a valid South Yorkshire Megatravel pass. Children from outside South Yorkshire are not eligible for this scheme and full fare is payable for all journeys.
Another option if you fancy making a day of it is to park the car at Meadowhall for free and take the Tram the whole way to Leppings Lane and return using the Supertram day rider. If you're early enough you can do a bit of shopping and then after the game go back to Meadowhall and in the Oasis there are plenty of places to eat from the simple KFC/McDonalds to Spanish Tapas bar or choose from any of the Italian/Portuguese/French/Mexican eateries. I must admit I enjoyed the flame-grilled PERi-PERi Chicken at Nando's in the Oasis the last time I eat there.

Edit- If we sell out surely they will give us some more tickets as I can't get my tickets until Saturday ?

That whole end holds about 8,000. I am more than confident more tickets will be made available. I even reckon it will be pay on the day.

That whole end holds about 8,000. I am more than confident more tickets will be made available. I even reckon it will be pay on the day.

That's what I was thinking, I just thought the OS could have said it was an initial allocation to clear up any confusion but that would mean them the OS is giving good information and that just doesn't happen.

This has happened before and then it even ends up as pay on the gate.

Only reason not would be if they gave us just the bottom section and that just aint gonna happen as they have not many home fans to fill the rest of the ground never mind that AND the top section.

I'm hoping to pay on the gate as I live here and travelling by bus &/or tram BUT will get tickets if need be

Last time I went the City fans packed out a pub at the top of a steep hill in a residential area near the ground?

Does any one know if any tickets will be available for Leicester fans on the gate on the day of the match? If so, how much?

Does any one know if any tickets will be available for Leicester fans on the gate on the day of the match? If so, how much?

250 remain from the original allocation. The club are expecting a further 500 tickets tomorrow.

Fans will also be able to pay on the day at no extra cost.

Been twice. Lost twice. So I'll not bother this time (not that I can afford it anyway!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566