Sheffield Utd - Sat 5th April 2008 - 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

Kick Off:

3pm

Tickets:

We have been allocated 1641 tickets for this fixture.

£24 Adults
£14 Seniors (60+), Students with NUS cards and Under 16's

Mon 24th March - STH Priority 1 (Ticket office will be open 10am - 4pm)
Tues 25th March - STH Priority 2
Weds 26th March - STH Priority 2
Thur 27th March - Members
Fri 28th March - General Sale

Fox Travel:

Fox travel coaches will depart at 12 noon.

£12 Adult STH
£10 Concession STH
£13 Adults NON STH
£11 Concession NON STH

Directions & Parking

Approx 63 miles - 1 hour 15 mins

M1 north to J29 > A617 into Chesterfield > A61 to Sheffield.

Follow the A61 from Chesterfield, as you approach Sheffield the ground will be on your left hand side just off of Queens Road.

Please note there are currently roadworks between J26 & J27 on the M1,so you may wish to add an extra 30 mins to your journey in case of any hold ups.

Street parking around the ground is reasonable, however you may find that parking at Meadowhall (J34) is easier. You will need to get a tram into Sheffiled at a cost of £2 return.

Trains:

There is a direct train every hour at approx 35 mins past the hour from Leicester to Sheffield. The journey is about 1 hour 10 mins. A saver return is £20.10, however only a fool would purchase this ticket.

There are £9 singles available on the 9.39/10.39/11.36/12.36 services from Leicester to Sheffield and £7 singles available on the 18.27 service from Sheffield back to Leicester. If your making an immediate return to the station you could get a £9 single on the 17.27 service.

The easiest option is to purchase a CDR from Leicester to Derby (£8) and a CDR from Derby to Sheffield (£8.20) - You can get on any of the above mentioned services and you will not need to get off at Derby as the Sheffield train calls there. Just show the conductor both tickets when they are checked.

If you are travelling in a group of 3 or 4, it is possible to group save on the above journey. 3 or 4 can travel for the price of 2. For 3 travelling together it would cost £10.80 each. For 4 travelling together it would cost £8.10 each.

The ground is about a 10-15 minute walk from the station. As you leave the station, turn left and walk along the main road. The road will then split into two directions. Take the right hand side (Shoreham Road) and continue to walk on this road to the ground.

Please PM me if you need any further help with the trains.

Pubs:

The Grounds Guide lists numerous pubs for away supporters. A couple to mention are, The Royal Standard, St Marys Road or The Earl, Queens Road. There are several pubs in the city centre which should also be fine.

I'm sure our resident beer guide 'Real Sharapova' will be along shortly to add the details of the pubs he recommends :icon_wink

The trams are usually very reliable.

Yeah you just get off at Ponds Forge and walk/catch a bus or change at Ponds Forge and go towards Halfway and get off at the Sheffield station stop and then walk/catch a bus the rest of the way.

The only time the trams are a problem is when there is an accident and/or death on the line which is very rare

If people are parking at Meadowhall they shouldn't be using the trams. The train is cheaper, faster and more frequent.

Also stops nearer the ground than the tram does. (Is it really more frequent though?)

I've just checked and it looks like it's the same, 8 trains an hour and 8 trams an hour. On a previous visit there I think there were more trains - but I have a feeling it was a bank holiday and the trams were on a reduced service.

NRE suggests that there are just two trains per hour.

From Nationalrail.co.uk:

Trains from Meadowhall to Sheffield on 5/4:
1300, 1303, 1306, 1321, 1333, 1349, 1351, 1356...etc

Ah! The two trains per hour service is this Saturday - must be engineering works.

EDIT: It's actully NO trains per hour - the two services an hour are replacement buses.

Last edited:
Hazz reporting his attendance for the first time at Bramell Lane. Whenever we've played em before, something has got in the way.

Which reminds me when is the last time we played them on a Saturday at 3pm?

Last edited:
I forgot to mention in the first post, we shall be experiencing the recently refurbished Bramall Lane end for the first time. We are also no longer based in the upper tier. As part of the refurbishment, the supporting posts have been removed, so we 'should' have a decent view.

Last edited:
It's only £1-80 as well on the train whereas it is £2-10 on the tram

Those are single fares. I would hope that nobody would buy them if they intend coming back!

The appropriate fares for the return journey are £2.10 (Cheap Day Return) and £3.00 (Day Rider) for the two modes respectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566