Solution to the madness.......

Steward Solution

• Every stand up and see if they can throw all of us out

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely not - you are as much of a fan as anyone in that stadium, regardless of where you are or what you do

It is you who is implying that you are not of equal status if you sit down with a blanket on your knees, or sit in the West Stand eating a prawn sandwich.

You are no better than they are, and they are no better or worse than you

I shouldn't have to avoid being thrown out, I'm a paying customer and should be treated as such...

But the response to that would just be that as a paying customer you have to abide by the rules that are set out by the club. Its not like you can pay for a meal at Maccy d's and then jump on the tables shouting and swearing just cause you've bought a meal.

Extreme scenario I grant you but the point is you have to adhere to the regulations set out by the company that you've bought something from. I admit that that should extend to the away fans but it doesn't, not when we go away or when away fans come to us.

I'm afraid you'll have to put up with it or just sit down.

Dunc said:
I shouldn't have to avoid being thrown out, I'm a paying customer and should be treated as such...

But the response to that would just be that as a paying customer you have to abide by the rules that are set out by the club. Its not like you can pay for a meal at Maccy d's and then jump on the tables shouting and swearing just cause you've bought a meal.

Extreme scenario I grant you but the point is you have to adhere to the regulations set out by the company that you've bought something from. I admit that that should extend to the away fans but it doesn't, not when we go away or when away fans come to us.

I'm afraid you'll have to put up with it or just sit down.

Dunc, people generally don't have any passion about ordering a meal from Macca's. If things continue the way they are going at Football grounds in general then we will see more and more people choosing to stay at home and watch on TV. Look at the attendance for monday 22,??? more like 18,500 how many ST holders stayed at home and watched on TV? I know of 3.

All I would like to do is support my team in the way I have done for 25 years without feeling like a criminal and being told what to do by some meat-head. I am 100% in favour of any trouble makers being thrown out.

I have never been in any sort of trouble with the law yet still I feel unwelcome at the Walkers Stadium. I understand that we have to adhere to rules for 'safety' reasons (Bullsh*t) but they are wrong on this occasion.

Standing up in a packed pub or club doesn't contravene safety standards.... i'm with Bobby i would also like to see trouble makers allowed in without feeling like criminals.

Yeah, but its not the clubs fault is my point. Its the Football League that set out the rules and the clubs have to enforce them. By standing and refusing to sit on a regular/protest basis means the club is going to get into trouble and face fines/closed door games.

As I said, you need to get the Football League/FA/Championship to sort it out if you want to stand. Its doesn't make any difference if you think it doesn't make a safety issue, the law says it does, and the club have to adhere to it.

As I said I don't see anything wrong with a well policed/stewarded standing area, but they aren't allowed so what can the club do?

I'm going to handcuff myself to David Davies, may even get to take part in the F.A Cup draw.

(can you thrown out for calling the stewards rent boys???)

Suppose it depends if they are or not.

Put it in writing and they'll sue your ass off though!

Since i got thrown out for standing, when i appealed ive been told a bit about it, the reason away fans seem to get away with it is that Leicester City FC dont get fined if away fans stand persistently. If home fans do they get fined. They have also written to the relevant people to ask about bringing back standing areas, but they dismissed it.

Saying that though, there is no need for the constant arrogance from stewards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Ipswich4492
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4569
8Middlesbro4566