Some People.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen, I'm really sorry if this is off-topic, and please Mods, if it is, move it.

But 50 of you have checked me out on my website, and I'd like to draw your attention to summat. I am an autism/Asperger's expert. I've been working 3 years with a family, for free. One of the sons in this family happens to have what we call 'savant ability' which is common in ASCs - a rare ability to excel in something. It could, and often is, in a sport. But more usually it's in art or music.

I know there are many of you here who know something about music. I'm not a slouch in this area, either. And I always knew from the moment I met this boy, at 10, who was suicidal and desperate, and anti-social, that he was musically gifted, in that he had, as I used to have, perfect pitch. But he was exceptionally magic. Six months ago, at the age of 13, he picked up a guitar. He is diagnosed with dyspraxia and Asperger's Syndrome. He is a savant musician. He is also now sorted in every way. I've worked very hard with him, and it has been a pleasure to know him, and love him.

He is now just 14, and on his 14th birthday recorded 'Sweet Child of Mine' with a band of 13/14 year olds, only six months after picking up a guitar. He is being tracked by some very important people.

I'd love you to listen to his lead guitar in this, to understand what I mean. ASC savant ability is always breathtaking.

Please listen to David, if you have a moment. Thank you.

http://www.jelibean.com/ladder/inde...nt&task=category&sectionid=11&id=23&Itemid=59

PS None of this is about me. It's about the kids/adults I love, on the spectrum, and will work for, as long as I live.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to those of you who listened to David.

Much appreciated.

:)

And many thanks to the Mods for not moving the thread. I am grateful for all your interest in this little corner of my ongoing research.

Maybe one day it will count for something.

xx

I thought David and the singer were better than the material. Have you thought of stretching him by introducing him gently to the work of Django Reinhardt and eventually to the real master Andres Segovia. Often that higher level can be a revelation to youngsters: "I didn't realise that it was possible to be that good."

Tell you what, David, I have a long scouse history in music and scouse bands. I was a mate of the Beatles. And I know this kid can't do acoustic - I wish! But that's not where his heart is. I've introduced him to a very old friend of mine, a guy I was a school with, and who was and still is a dear mate, called Tony Hazzard. You may know of him. He wrote 'Fox on the Run', and 'Ha ha said the Clown' for Manfred Mann, and loads of other stuff for Lulu, and things for all the 60s bands, and backed Elton John, and is a gem.

He's now, like me, a psychologist, but is still a recording artiste, and lovely with it. He still has a great voice, and exceptional musical quality.

He thinks David is too echolalic, which I also think, but that's the problem with Asperger's Syndrome. We have to stop him copying, and encourage him to find himself. It's a pretty big issue.

Ho hum. I pointed out that David is only just 14, and also pointed out that I knew him, Tony, at 14, when he couldn't find a voice or a tune. Yet he was a star composer, earning a fortune, at 20, and was still at Durham Uni, doing English and philosophy.

Everyone knows how good David is. But it's what to do with it that's the problem. Dr Marshall, of Marshall amps, is VERY interested, and has invited David to check out his factory, with him. My son, who produces commercials and video promos, in London (he did the first Kaiser Chiefs promo), is VERY interested. But no one knows where to take it. My bezzie radio mate Alex Belfield is a supporter of Asperger's, and a musician, and believes this kid is amazing.

It'll go where it's meant to go.

I hope.

So we're keeping a low profile and fingers crossed.

Tell you what, David, I have a long scouse history in music and scouse bands. I was a mate of the Beatles. And I know this kid can't do acoustic - I wish! But that's not where his heart is. I've introduced him to a very old friend of mine, a guy I was a school with, and who was and still is a dear mate, called Tony Hazzard. You may know of him. He wrote 'Fox on the Run', and 'Ha ha said the Clown' for Manfred Mann, and loads of other stuff for Lulu, and things for all the 60s bands, and backed Elton John, and is a gem.

He's now, like me, a psychologist, but is still a recording artiste, and lovely with it. He still has a great voice, and exceptional musical quality.

He thinks David is too echolalic, which I also think, but that's the problem with Asperger's Syndrome. We have to stop him copying, and encourage him to find himself. It's a pretty big issue.

Ho hum. I pointed out that David is only just 14, and also pointed out that I knew him, Tony, at 14, when he couldn't find a voice or a tune. Yet he was a star composer, earning a fortune, at 20, and was still at Durham Uni, doing English and philosophy.

Everyone knows how good David is. But it's what to do with it that's the problem. Dr Marshall, of Marshall amps, is VERY interested, and has invited David to check out his factory, with him. My son, who produces commercials and video promos, in London (he did the first Kaiser Chiefs promo), is VERY interested. But no one knows where to take it. My bezzie radio mate Alex Belfield is a supporter of Asperger's, and a musician, and believes this kid is amazing.

I hope.

Now that's a suprise :icon_roll

I hope.

Good record label that, by the way..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670