Post Match Southampton 2 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best result of our season so far for me.

Full marks to Vards. He could have been adversely affected by his England experience but to come back and give a performance like that is outstanding.

He may not have the pedigree and skills of some of the England squad but he is certainly the man in form.

Full marks to Vards. He could have been adversely affected by his England experience but to come back and give a performance like that is outstanding.

He may not have the pedigree and skills of some of the England squad but he is certainly the man in form.

Agreed. He must be a nightmare to defend against.

It's performances like today that make you wonder why we don't play him out of position. If he keeps scoring like he has been then we'll have to try him in defence or in goal.

Ball boy, make the greedy 9 goal bastard have a stint at ball boy.

That'll learn him.

What the hell has happened to Huth? I'm not blaming him for the defensive chaos but his form is pretty bad. Morgan despite his best efforts is also poor maybe his time in the National team are beginning to catch up with him. We need two central defenders pretty quick. here'

That's our real weakness that needs addressing, when opponent's have their dominant spells in games we haven't got the defence to stifle them. Hopefully the scouts are working overtime looking at potential CBs ready for January. Got to be pretty chuffed with a point away to a decent side, particularly given that we went two down at HT again.

Interesting point - no bookings, we must be fairly high up in the old fair play rankings this season? Can't recall any red cards and we don't seem to pick up excessive amounts of bookings and usually have less fouls than the opposition.

We can't keep doing this. As wonderful as the second half performance was we need to urgently buy some proper defenders. Morgan is not of the standard required, neither is Huth or Simpson. Fuchs may just about be at the right level. If Benaloune doesn't know start next week then I've no idea why we spent £5m on him.

Honestly, I think Schmeichel is as big a problem as any of the defence. Aside from 5 or 6 games at the end of last season he's largely looked out of his depth at PL level.

He just doesn't inspire any confidence. Glued to his line when he should come out and punch. Comes out to punch when he should be on his line. Never seems to have any communication with his defence as they never seem to be on the same wavelength.

I'd hope we'd be trying to get a new keeper, centre back and full back in in January.

Honestly, I think Schmeichel is as big a problem as any of the defence. Aside from 5 or 6 games at the end of last season he's largely looked out of his depth at PL level.

He just doesn't inspire any confidence. Glued to his line when he should come out and punch. Comes out to punch when he should be on his line. Never seems to have any communication with his defence as they never seem to be on the same wavelength.

I'd hope we'd be trying to get a new keeper, centre back and full back in in January.

Can we add to that - punches when he should catch

Is that the first time this season we have had at least equal possession?

Yes I think so. Even the first half they had about 63% possession which is low compared to other games.

More importantly though is that we are converting possession into attacks.

Yesterday we had 26 attempts compared to Southampton's 14.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566