Pre Match Southampton (H)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

Tough game, but our luck has to change soon.

Schmeichel

Pantsil
Bamba
Mills
Konchesky

King
Wellens
Danns

Maynard
Nugent
Vassell

Subs: Weale, Peltier, St Ledger, Abe, Gallagher

Hard fought 2-1 win. Maynard and Nugent

Tough game, but our luck has to change soon.

Schmeichel

Pantsil
Bamba
Mills
Konchesky

King
Wellens
Danns

Maynard
Nugent
Vassell

Subs: Weale, Peltier, St Ledger, Abe, Gallagher

Hard fought 2-1 win. Maynard and Nugent

Are you that convinced it's a done deal then?

If Maynard's not here, I'd like to see us line up the same way we did against Forest please. Barring any bizarre refereeing decisions, we should do ok.

Last edited:
Just realised that i've left Fernandes out.

Selection headaches and i'm not the manager.

I'd like to drop St Ledger and put Fernandes on the bench.

Just realised that i've left Fernandes out.

Selection headaches and i'm not the manager.

I'd like to drop St Ledger and put Fernandes on the bench.

I'd swap Danns and Fernandes. Danns looks ineffective in a midfield 3, only came alive at Forest because he was part of the forward 3 I think.

Same team/formation as trees (if new striker comes in then Vass to make way), its gonna be a tough game but our home fortunes WILL change and i believe this is Southamptons biggest test thus far, 2-1 Leicester win Nugent King

I'd swap Danns and Fernandes. Danns looks ineffective in a midfield 3, only came alive at Forest because he was part of the forward 3 I think.

Yes I could also agree with that. I'd just personally leave Danns in on the basis he had a decent game against Forest and scored midweek. I reckon he'll be buzzing come Saturday.

Fernandes on the bench? What has King done to warrant that ?

Just reckon his experience in this league will be a better option. I apologise in advance if you don't agree with me on this 'open' forum ...

I wasn't having a go :icon_cry:

I just reckon Fernandes has stood out most of all the midfielders.

He has, he's the best midfielder in the entire squad including Wellens and leaving him out after his display at Forest would be as ridiculous as dropping your captain after 2 games and then swapping him again when his replacement makes a mistake, oh wait a minute.

He has, he's the best midfielder in the entire squad including Wellens and leaving him out after his display at Forest would be as ridiculous as dropping your captain after 2 games and then swapping him again when his replacement makes a mistake, oh wait a minute.

Why does it matter if he is captain, if you play badly, you get dropped, just because he is wearing the armband, does not make him untouchable. Mills had put bellow standard performances in against Cov, RovRum and Reading.

I'm expecting to lose this. Southampton are on a roll, and we haven't got started yet.

I'm expecting to win this. Southampton have had their honeymoon period, and we haven't even got started yet

My OH is CONVINCED we will win this, we have to start at home sometime so Saturday is a good start

I think we should play the same team as we did against Forest but instead of bringing Gallagher we should bring Schlupp on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669