Southampton Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i promised to take her to a high quality proffessional game of fotball so she could see what it was all about,..................................i have the tickets for next weeks game at exeter in my pocket:icon_bigg
my words to her after we walked away from the ground were " i gareentee that if you ever come to watch city again they cant be as bad as you have seen them today, which now also makes me a liar.

Well I take my kids so that makes me a child abuser??!! I have one kids ST between 3 of em which we used to have rows over who came to what game..... now I have to beg one of them to come with me! :icon_sad:

Got back 20 mins ago,wot can you say-shocking,yes,but as a club our dearth of midfielders is so great who do you play

It might have been worth trying a midfield of Hayes Weso King and J.Chambers.At least 3 of them are midfielders.He's tried this 5 Defenders 4 Strikers thing numerous times and it doesn't work.It was a Cup game so I think it might have been worth trying something different...just an idea:102:

It might have been worth trying a midfield of Hayes Weso King and J.Chambers.At least 3 of them are midfielders.He's tried this 5 Defenders 4 Strikers thing numerous times and it doesn't work.It was a Cup game so I think it might have been worth trying something different...just an idea:102:

My thought too HF it would have been worth trying it as its only a cup game

Last edited:
My thought too HF it would have been worth trying it as its only a cup game

At least we might have some shape.At the moment we seem to be approaching matches like its a game in a School playground and everyone just runs around chasing the ball

At least we might have some shape.At the moment we seem to be approaching matches like its a game in a School playground and everyone just runs around chasing the ball

Except for the fact that usually in matches conducted on the school playground there is at least one player with talent :icon_bigg

dear mr holloway,

------ i spent £16 on my ticket and another £16 on my girlfriends ticket and then traveled for approx 2 hrs there and 2 hours back with 2 saints fans in my car. it wasnt a very entertaining drive back!

for **** sake ollie sort it out!

yours
disgusted of exeter.

Two hours from Exeter? What were you driving a 2CV? Or did you have an argument with your Mrs on the way home about how shit city were, and have to bury her on the way home?:icon_razz:038:

glad we lost to be honest, cup games are completely irrellevant.

Strange thing is, in a normal season, where we're not struggling too much, I'd be really annoyed at losing in any cup competition. But seeing as how we're struggling for survival it's kind of a relief to be able to focus on staying up. :icon_conf

yeah it make it even more deppressing if we won then go on to beat blackburn or something whilst losing to someone like preston.

Last edited:
yeah it make it even more deppressing if we won then go on to beat blackburn or something whilst losing to someone like preston.

Speaking of depressing, Coventry beat Blackburn 4-1. Doesn't give me a lot of confidence about our chances against them on the weekend. Hopefully Holloway will have signed Drogba, Torres, Wright-Phillips, Ronaldinho and Anelka by then though. :icon_roll

Speaking of depressing, Coventry beat Blackburn 4-1. Doesn't give me a lot of confidence about our chances against them on the weekend. Hopefully Holloway will have signed Drogba, Torres, Wright-Phillips, Ronaldinho and Anelka by then though. :icon_roll

3 strikers and no central midfielder... Sounds about right then :icon_wink

Strange thing is, in a normal season, where we're not struggling too much, I'd be really annoyed at losing in any cup competition. But seeing as how we're struggling for survival it's kind of a relief to be able to focus on staying up. :icon_conf

I'm surprised you can remember that far back.

Be cheaper to get someone to knobble Mifsud.

Did anyone else watch the Stoke v Newcastle game yesterday with an increasingly sick feeling? By that I mean in comparing how LCFC performed against Southamption one couldn't unavoidably see how much better a team Stoke are than LCFC. They played better than Newcastle I grant you, but to me it showed why LCFC are 4th from bottom and Stoke 4th from top. The gulf is massive. This club have a mountain to climb. If IH turns it around he deserves the freemanship of the City.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670