Southampton - Sunday 30th April 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Kick-off 1:30 p.m. (yes, I know the tickets page on lcfc.com says 1:00, but it's wrong!)

Tickets
We have been allocated 3,152 tickets for this fixture, priced at £26 adults, £19 senior citizens (65 and over)/teens (13-19) and £13 children (12 and under).

Selling arrangements are as follows:
Mon 17 April - Season ticket holders (priority 1)
Tue 18 April - Season ticket holders (priority 2)
Wed 19 April - Season ticket holders (priority 3)
Thu 20 April - Members
Fri 21 April - General sale (subject to availability)

NB ALL TICKET GAME
This is the last game of the season; I would anticipate that these tickets will sell very quickly and that there is a possibility that there will be few or none for general sale.

Coaches
Fox Travel coaches will depart at 7:30am and are priced at £16 adults and £14 concessions. Members get £1 off these prices.

Directions
M1 to J15a
A43
M40 from J10 to J9)
A34
M3
(150 miles - about 3½ hours)

There is no parking at the ground and away fans are advised to use the Park&Ride service which is provided for them - £3 payable on entry:
As you approach Southampton on the M3, turn east onto the M27.
Leave the M27 at J8 and follow the AA signs to the Park&Ride site only a short distance away.

Directions from M27 J8 to the Park&Ride site:
Follow signs for Southampton A3024
Follow the A3024 for approximately 200 yards to the Tesco roundabout
Take 2nd exit following signs for Woolston A3025 into Hamble Lane.
After approximately 100 yards, turn right at mini roundabout going back up Hamble Lane, turning left into the SFC car park entrance (about 15 yards).

Alternatively there are City Council car-parks at the following locations which are said to be a short walk from the stadium (cost of parking unknown):
West Park Road
Lime St
Bond Street
Grosvenor Square
Eastgate

Residents Parking Schemes operate in nearby streets and illegally parked cars are towed away (even on a Sunday!)

Trains
National Rail are blockading the Basingstoke area for the whole of the weekend and trains between London and Southampton will be diverted, adding an hour to the travel time. This will also affect Virgin Cross-Country trains from Birmingham.

The earliest departure from Leicester will arrive in Southampton less than an hour before kick-off. Travel by train at your own risk!

Those of you who may want to travel down on the Saturday will find that there are still plenty of MML Advance tickets available at £21 single (for the complete journey to/from Southampton).

Staying overnight?
The Southampton website says that away fans can book discounted accommodation at the JurysDoyle Hotel, but it doesn't actually seem to be any cheaper than the normal internet price. It's £59 for up to 3 adults - no breakfast.

Travelodge have rooms still available at £56 in Southampton and at £46 not too far away

All the chains have hotels thereabouts and there lots of other alternatives.

Pubs
The UglyInside.com fansite has a guide to which of the local pubs welcomes away fans.

See also here for City Centre pubs.

Away Supporters Facilities
We will be accommodated in the part of the Northam Stand which is situated on the east side of the ground just over half an end, if we sell all the tickets.

You will be pleased to know that the Stadium has more toilets than are required under the Stadium Construction Regulations and that they are clearly marked with symbols for Men and Women - thank goodness for that!!

Smoking is allowed on the concourses but not in the seats at any time - cough, cough!

Last edited:
whos heading down for the end of season party. ill be going on the sat staying in hotel and having asmany jars as possible.

Ye im goin down, i went up 2 the fa cup game with a group of m8s who r saints fans, i got bollocked all the way back, so im back for revenge, is it likely 2 sell out quickly?

been trying to get through to the ticket office for bloody ages and all staff busy. alot of ticket purchasing? anyone on here have any idea about how many tickets we have

Here you go girls n boys

Ticket allocation- 3153

Adults £26
teens (even the woman on the phone didnt understabd) £19

Priority 1+2 tuesday
priority 3 wednesday
members 20th
general 21st

hope this helps

Was planning to, but it looks like we will be moving house that weekend so scuppered :icon_sad:

Last edited:
£19 a bit steep for what is strongly looking like a nothing game!
proberbly still go, though Mrs 22nd the day before..:icon_conf

there is a teens ticket but ages arnt confirmed

drummindefender said:
are u sure theres a teen ticket-i've had to pay 26 quid:102:

The information that both lako42 and I got says there is a teen ticket. I just made the obvious guess about the ages.

Southampton fans can certainly get a teen ticket; Football League regulations say that away fans should not be treated any less favourably.

drummindefender said:
are u sure theres a teen ticket-i've had to pay 26 quid:102:

How have you had to pay £26 when they don't go on sale until next week?

bocadillo said:
How have you had to pay £26 when they don't go on sale until next week?
i've got a ticket through my dads mate who is a box owner-well i duno if hes got them yet or not but apparently a teen ticket is only up to 16 years old:102:

drummindefender said:
i've got a ticket through my dads mate who is a box owner-well i duno if hes got them yet or not but apparently a teen ticket is only up to 16 years old:102:

That is wrong. I have now found confirmation here of the ages for concessions at Southampton;

Children = 12 and under
Teens = 13 to 19
Seniors = 65 and over

got 5 tickets today, block 46, i think row Q. they said they were only open for a few hours on monday and about 1000 tickets have been sold.

i cant go anymore, Mrs fb making me go to her parents that weekend, her birthday the day before the match, selfish cow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566