Southampton - Sunday 30th April 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
bocadillo said:

I've seen that but it doesn't say what time the last bus leaves the station.
I'm assuming by 'until kick-off', thmean the last bus leaves in time to arrive at the ground before kick-off, allowing for people to get into the ground, and any traffic delays.
If my train arrives at 1PM for example, should I assume there will still be buses, or should I get a taxi?

webmaster said:
I've seen that but it doesn't say what time the last bus leaves the station.
I'm assuming by 'until kick-off', thmean the last bus leaves in time to arrive at the ground before kick-off, allowing for people to get into the ground, and any traffic delays.
If my train arrives at 1PM for example, should I assume there will still be buses, or should I get a taxi?

I am pretty confident that there will be buses right up to the kick-off. I would be surprised if there wasn't one after 1 o'clock.

Shuttle Bus operator is Brijan Coaches (despite what it says on the Soton website). I can't find a telephone number for them that is being answered.

Could you ask on a Southampton forum? Which train are you coming on?

bocadillo said:
I am pretty confident that there will be buses right up to the kick-off. I would be surprised if there wasn't one after 1 o'clock.

Do you mean you think buses will leave the station up to 1:30pm?
If not, what time?
Do they run a special late one for PT and Ms Sharapova so they can get an extra drink in?

I don't know how long the buses take to get to the ground, last time I went on the train I walked to the ground and it took around half an hour, so I might do that again if I arrive at 1pm and there's no sign of a bus.

webmaster said:
Do you mean you think buses will leave the station up to 1:30pm?
If not, what time?
Do they run a special late one for PT and Ms Sharapova so they can get an extra drink in?

I don't know how long the buses take to get to the ground, last time I went on the train I walked to the ground and it took around half an hour, so I might do that again if I arrive at 1pm and there's no sign of a bus.

I've only been there the once. As I remember it I arrived on a bus that got there only a few minutes before the kick-off. I am absolutely sure that it left the station less than 30 minutes before kick-off time.

webmaster said:
Due in at 12:44 (leaves c*v at 9:24 so it would be quicker to drive, but my car's not up to a 270 mile trip at the moment)

****ing brilliant idea to have football at 1:30 on a Sunday!! No thought at all about how people are actually going to get there. If my train to London is more than 15 minutes late, I will miss the train that I want to get to Southampton. I will then attive at 12:54. I might see you at the station!

bocadillo said:
****ing brilliant idea to have football at 1:30 on a Sunday!! No thought at all about how people are actually going to get there.

But all the important matches will be on TV, why would anyone want to travel to watch a meaningless match? :icon_conf

Bleedin Sky. They only have them this early so they can show a Premiership match too.

webmaster said:
But all the important matches will be on TV, why would anyone want to travel to watch a meaningless match? :icon_conf

Because it means something to them?
Because they want to?
Because they have a ticket and can't find anybody to buy it off them?
Because they like the cheese pasties that are sold at half-time?
Because the alternative is decorating the spare room?
Because they have been told to get out of the house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566