Pre Match Southampton v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
The misty one.
2002 under Micky Adams at that place that wasn't the Goldstone and wasn't their new place. I was on crutches and the only place that I could be accommodated was in their hospitality area; free coq au vin before the game, seat on the half-way line and access to the players' bar after the game. Micky Adams had just left Brighton a few months earlier so he was being feted by their lot, I think, for having got them promoted. He thought I was a wonderful lad for wearing a City shirt in their bar and had his photograph taken with me, a copy of which replaced the one of me and Filbert on my bedroom wall for a while.
From my seat on the half-way line I was just able to see Brian Deane score our winner late on in the game. The rest of the City fans, at the 'wrong' end of the ground, belatedly joined in my celebration though they can have had no idea what had happened. Only Brighton kicking off again could have confirmed the goal for them.

Last edited:
And it took me ****ing ages to find the car afterwards. The surrounding area was full of houses for rich nobs and parking wasn't allowed anywhere near the ground.

Gray or Albrighton starting in place of Perez for me and the rest the same.

Need to see more from Barnes and Chilwell though as we have replacements for both who could come in and offer as much, if not more than current form.

If Rodgers has told his wide players that he wants more from them, he's not going to get that if they're on the bench, therefore, no changes to the starting line up for me.

Two changes for me. Fuchs or Justin in for Chilwell (which won't happen) and Gray in for Barnes (which probably will happen). Gray was excellent when he came on and I know we have seen that before but he did add another dimension to our attack.

Didn't Barnes get 2 assists on Saturday? Why drop him after that?

Same starting line-up again. That's our best team.

Didn't Barnes get 2 assists on Saturday? Why drop him after that?

Same starting line-up again. That's our best team.
Because other than his two assists he was largely missing from the game I would like to see Barnes starting and then sub him if he is not making an impact. he is young and will be in and out of games it looks as though his crossing is improving though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363