Sprained Ankle + Torn Ligaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spanky Fox

Hey People,

I sprained my ankle and torn my ankle ligaments last saturday before the TBFC match on sunday which i had to miss, its been over a week and i can put little pressure on there, but the ankle tends to still have imflamation happening every now and then during the day which i find worry,

Its the first time i have this serious injury, can i have some help from you guys on what can get rid of this injury fast,

I have soaked my foot in salt water and taking painkillers for the pain, also sprayed some painkillers on the ankle and foot area.

Your advice is much appeicated, its the first time i am at work for over a week.

Spanky and the Sprain

Last edited:
Hey People,

I sprained my ankle and torn my ankle ligaments last saturday before the TBFC match on sunday which i had to miss, its been over a week and i can put little pressure on there, but the ankle tends to still have imflamation happening every now and then during the day which i find worry,

Its the first time i have this serious injury, can i have some help from you guys on what can get rid of this injury fast,

I have soaked my foot in salt water and taking painkillers for the pain, also sprayed some painkillers on the ankle and foot area.

Your advice is much appeicated, its the first time i am at work for over a week.

Spanky and the Sprain

Goto A & E get it looked at ,just in case you have done some real damage.

for now try a ice pack and keep it elavated above hip hight ,ie pillow on the arm of the sofa rest it on that with the ice pack on the main area of swelling .

I have torn my right ankle ligaments 3 times aged 12-14, As people who play in the 5 a side will vouch I still twist it often and have to go off quite regularly.

Don't look for any quick fix you have to give it time to heal itself properly, something I never did, I always went and played on it too soon, hence why I still have problems now.

I went to BUPA and they gave me a number of exercises to do to try and re-build the strength in it.

For example, doing step ups (slowly) and putting your toes on the floor and arching up your foot moving it from side to side slowly.

Last edited:
I went to A&E after i hurt it, they checked the x-rays confrimed it wasn't broken :(

Try slamming a door shut on your hand, it'll take your mind off your foot

Do not, under any circumstances, start doing any sport (including going to the gym) until at least 6/7 weeks after you have done it is my advice. I have done mine 3 times now (no I am not PDS) and every time I have gone back to football after about 4 weeks and everytime I have paid for it.

Do not, under any circumstances, start doing any sport (including going to the gym) until at least 6/7 weeks after you have done it is my advice. I have done mine 3 times now (no I am not PDS) and every time I have gone back to football after about 4 weeks and everytime I have paid for it.

Every one has dreams. :icon_bigg

i am not playing any sports for 2-3 months to let it heal fully, but i am going Turkey in Aug and want to go to the gym to shapen up for my trip, maybe do some slow jogging which help the muscles move a bit as well

i've got ligament (i think that what it is anyway) problems in my left ankle on my instep as well which always comes back when the ball hits my big toe!

tbfc is full of sick notes

i am not playing any sports for 2-3 months to let it heal fully, but i am going Turkey in Aug and want to go to the gym to shapen up for my trip, maybe do some slow jogging which help the muscles move a bit as well

If you do you are an idiot IMO

I am feeling better, my sprained ankle is still bruised but the swelling in my foot is gone so i can see my vains and bones. its nice to see again, the ankle is still bad but slowly and surely going back down to normal its been 12days since the injury

I am feeling better, my sprained ankle is still bruised but the swelling in my foot is gone so i can see my vains and bones. its nice to see again, the ankle is still bad but slowly and surely going back down to normal its been 12days since the injury

Sounds about par for the course. Don't do anything stoopid now

Ribs are where the pain's at.

Nigh on heroic display of "getting on with your life" from the Melton victim.

Ribs are where the pain's at.

Nigh on heroic display of "getting on with your life" from the Melton victim.

Melts i think we should change this thread to the TB injury list, everytime on of the members get injuired they can right in here so we dont feel sorry for them :icon_cool:081:

Melts i think we should change this thread to the TB injury list, everytime on of the members get injuired they can right in here so we dont feel sorry for them :icon_cool:081:
I won't be typing much, I don't like to mention it.

Update:

My ankle and foot is much better, the ankle is still slowly going back into shape now, the foot area is good, i can walk but climbing stairs is still a problem.

Melts how are your ribs?

Edit: Can a mod change this into the TB Injury Thread please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673