Starting Line-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine a striker will sign but it will be out of the blue and not someone already mentioned.

The loanees usually get signed right at the very end of close season

It's the way we have worked since Mad Mandy took over, and I fully expect us to go with two or three into the new season - striker (or two), right back and keeper

And boy, do we need them

I'm getting bored waiting though.... :(

I want something to happen! If we don't announce 7 new signings today, I'm done! Grr

I'm getting bored waiting though.... :(

I want something to happen! If we don't announce 7 new signings today, I'm done! Grr

I never said I would carry on supporting the feckers, my supporting days are finished unless there is a couple of big signing today, possibly tomorrow.

I'm going to boldly predict we'll announce a new signing by the end of the week (including the weekend)

Come on.

I never said I would carry on supporting the feckers, my supporting days are finished unless there is a couple of big signing today, possibly tomorrow.

Whooaa, hold on a minute you fickle bastard

You could at least wait until Saturday night

If we don't destroy Shrewsbury Town by at least five clear goals then we're as good as down anyway

Then is the time to tear up your ST and go shopping every Saturday afternoon like a steaming nonce

Last edited:
Whooaa, hold on a minute you fickle bastard

You could at least wait until Saturday night

If we don't destroy Shrewsbury Town by at least five clear goals then we're as good as down anyway

Then is the time to tear up your ST and go shopping every Saturday afternoon like a steaming nonce

I notice Liverpool couldn't beat Thailand last night, I reckon they must need new strikers ttoo

I notice Liverpool couldn't beat Thailand last night, I reckon they must need new strikers ttoo

They were distracted by the ladyboys in the crowd - put them off their game

They didn't find them attractive, just confusing

The loanees usually get signed right at the very end of close season

It's the way we have worked since Mad Mandy took over, and I fully expect us to go with two or three into the new season - striker (or two), right back and keeper

And boy, do we need them

Agreed - we massively need some new players in. To my mind that starting XI would do well to finish above 16-18th, so with a couple of injuries or if Fryatt doesn't deliver it could be a very long, hard season.

Agreed - we massively need some new players in. To my mind that starting XI would do well to finish above 16-18th, so with a couple of injuries or if Fryatt doesn't deliver it could be a very long, hard season.

MK and HF will be happy, they love it long and hard.

I'd be interested to know what you are basing that one, seeing as half the team didn't play in the championship last time.

I'd be interested to know what you are basing that one, seeing as half the team didn't play in the championship last time.

It's because there are some massive teams in the Championship that we should rightly be terrified of. It's no wonder we are odds-on for relegation.

Just comparing our starting line up to other teams. I think there are some weak teams in the Championship so I doubt we'll be battling, but most of the 'top-half' teams have (imo) a stronger starting eleven and more depth.

As everyone else is saying, I'm quite worried about our lack of goals, especially if Fryatt gets injured/doesn't perform.

I'm just stating that I would be a little worried if we haven't added a couple of new starting players before the season starts, which I don't doubt that we will.

Just comparing our starting line up to other teams. I think there are some weak teams in the Championship so I doubt we'll be battling, but most of the 'top-half' teams have (imo) a stronger starting eleven and more depth.

As everyone else is saying, I'm quite worried about our lack of goals, especially if Fryatt gets injured/doesn't perform.

I'm just stating that I would be a little worried if we haven't added a couple of new starting players before the season starts, which I don't doubt that we will.

If you know every teams staring eleven for next season i am impressed we dont even know leicesters, I do agree we still need a couple more players with a striker being priority but if and it is a big if tunch and hobbs play to thier potential i cant think of a front two in the championship (at the minute) that will give them too many sleepless nights.

If you know every teams staring eleven for next season i am impressed we dont even know leicesters, I do agree we still need a couple more players with a striker being priority but if and it is a big if tunch and hobbs play to thier potential i cant think of a front two in the championship (at the minute) that will give them too many sleepless nights.

Obviously I don't know all the starting line ups, but a lot of the squads look more prepared for this league, especially regarding depth. As you say our defense is fine, and Wellens looks quality in midfield. But having seen Dyer's poor patch last year, and as no-one knows how Fryatt will perform, I think we will struggle to score.

Still, if I had to bet where we'll finish I would say scraping into the top-half, but that's based on a couple more signings being made.

Obviously I don't know all the starting line ups, but a lot of the squads look more prepared for this league, especially regarding depth. As you say our defense is fine, and Wellens looks quality in midfield. But having seen Dyer's poor patch last year, and as no-one knows how Fryatt will perform, I think we will struggle to score.

Still, if I had to bet where we'll finish I would say scraping into the top-half, but that's based on a couple more signings being made.

Dyer will be fine until the weather starts getting a bit chilly - everyone knows that

I think we should go through this whole thing all over again, seeing as it was such fun last time.

So..... wasn't that Ron Atkinson?

Where's Stephen?

:icon_roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675