Stearman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree FT. If Sunderland came in with anything 'silly' then we'd sell. No one cares about looking foolish when millions are concerned.

You can't imagine this then Duzza?

"We were desperate to keep hold of Richard, our long was to term goal to build the team around him. However, Richards desire to further his career and play Premiership football combined with the huge sums of money involved meant that the best decision was to allow Richard to leave. We are sorry to see Richard leave and wish him all the best for the future."

Absolutley! but not today :)

Absolutley! but not today :)

Why not today ??

The club didnt care last year about foolish statements made about Connolly especially with over 3m burning a hole in their back pocket.

Really do not think anybody at the club would give a flying fcuk about earlier statements made today, if they have just sold Stearman for above 2m.

Exactly what I was saying.

What you said is "I think the club may be aware of interest from the premiership and are possibly holding out for a higher bid. I would not be at all surprised to see Stearman move on today"

Which makes it sound as though they're actively trying to sell him. If they were trying to sell him I don't think they'd have made that statement, knowing they'd end up having egg on their faces by the end of the day. If a huge bid comes in of course they'd sell, but I don't think they're expecting it to happen.

Why not today ??

The club didnt care last year about foolish statements made about Connolly especially with over 3m burning a hole in their back pocket.

Really do not think anybody at the club would give a flying fcuk about earlier statements made today, if they have just sold Stearman for above 2m.

Well I agree but why make the statement then, there was no need.

What you said is "I think the club may be aware of interest from the premiership and are possibly holding out for a higher bid. I would not be at all surprised to see Stearman move on today"

Which makes it sound as though they're actively trying to sell him. If they were trying to sell him I don't think they'd have made that statement, knowing they'd end up having egg on their faces by the end of the day. If a huge bid comes in of course they'd sell, but I don't think they're expecting it to happen.

My point jeffrey, thank you.

Our understanding is that it was a 7 figure bid, but nowhere near a price the club would sell at.

Apparently the outgoing phone line at the Stadium of Light is red hot as they throw bids around to see what they can hook.

Well I agree but why make the statement then, there was no need.

So when they do sell they can stress that it was because it was such an amazing offer as opposed to the fact that they have sold because we are skint or lack ambition. Fecking obvious really.

So when they do sell they can stress that it was because it was such an amazing offer as opposed to the fact that they have sold because we are skint or lack ambition. Fecking obvious really.

I think you need to chill out a bit :icon_wink

He's still a city player for fecks sake!

The club can only have released that statement on the official website for one reason and one reason alone.

If they didn't want to sell him, they should have clammed up and hoped to god that nobody else came sniffing. If it was an innocent statement, then the f*ckers need sacking

Last edited:
The club can only have released that statement on the official website for one reason and one reason alone.

If they didn't want to sell him, they should have clammed up and hoped to god that nobody else came sniffing. If it was an innocent statement, then the f*ckers need sacking

The story had already appeared on other websites, if they had made no comment it would have just fueled the speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669