Stephen Clemence/DJ Campbell double bid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have any idea when this might be sorted? Friday perhaps?

To be honest I just want both Clem and Campbell confirmed, after that any more players are a bonus for us, as those two bring the squad together nicely IMHO.

I disagree mate.... I think we still need a left-back, a left-sided midfielder and a centre-half.

Let us hope the Fowler nonsense is a smokescreen to stop someone else nabbing Campbell away from us.

You'd expect Birmingham are going to want to make some profit on the lad, am I right in thinking that they paid £500,000 for him? £1.75m for the pair would be a good deal IMO - perhaps slightly better for them than us..

Press conference at the walkers at 9 in the morning .... soon know if its Fowler or Clemence or DJ Cambell ... or someone else!

Press conference at the walkers at 9 in the morning .... soon know if its Fowler or Clemence or DJ Cambell ... or someone else!

Looks like I'm gonna be checking the OS on my mobile again tomorrow then! Bloody hell, Orange must be loving pre-season with me

I can catch it just before I go work for once :)

Seems odd to call a press conference for Clemence alone. You would expect it's a double signing or a big name (i.e. Robbie Fowler) I'd prefer the double signing myself...

Source???

This is an email that was sent to the press/media a couple of hours ago:

Leicester City will be announcing their 11th signing of the close season at a Walkers Stadium press conference at 9am on Friday, July 13.

Both manager Martin Allen and the player in question will be available for interview.

Hot bacon rolls and refreshments will be provided.

Please confirm your attendance via reply to this email.

We look forward to seeing you.

Jon Sanders
Head of Media
Leicester City Football Club

obviously a big name when we are tempting people with hot bacon rolls :icon_roll:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Thought we'd already signed 11? :confused:

Newton made 10 I think?

Nielsen, N'Gotty, Cort, Hellings, Sappleton, Kishishev, Hayes, Chambers, Kaebi, Newton...?

Interesting the email from the club says 11th signing... not 11th and 12th ;) Could just be misleading though. Would expect it to be Clem and Deej. Maybe just Clemence though

presumably if this one warrants a press conference its a bigger than the major transfer coup that was carl cort :icon_lol:

I really hope it is both Clemence and Campbell that sign tomorrow. If only one I hope it is Clemence but we need both a midfielder and a striker.

presumably if this one warrants a press conference its a bigger than the major transfer coup that was carl cort :icon_lol:

But the fact that they sent the email after 7:30PM, for a press conference at 9AM the next day, suggests they don't want many people to turn up.
I realise most news organisations work 24 hours a day, but I'm sure the local hacks who would be interested in something like this are more likely to work 9-5 and might not get to hear about it until it's already started.

It's a press conference because Clemence will be announced as the new club captain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669