Steve Smith Fundraiser 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

muzzysgal

Steve Smith Quiz Night & Disco 2007

For those of you who don’t know Steve, he is a lifelong City supporter and one of the founder board members of the Foxes Trust. In December 2005 he suffered a massive stroke which left him unable to walk, use his right arm or speak. He was 37, married, and has three young sons.
Since his stroke, Steve has been having physio and speech therapy several times each week. He is now able to walk and has a limited vocabulary, which is an amazing achievement in just over a year.
However, he has just been told that his NHS physio is to stop and so this will now need to be privately funded in order for him to continue to improve. This will cost approximately £5000 each year.

To help contribute towards this expense, a Quiz Night and Disco is being held on Friday 25th May 2007 at The 1884 Sports Bar which is at the Walkers Stadium, from 8pm until 1am.
Teams participating in the quiz must contain a maximum of 6 members.
Tickets for the event are £10 each and every penny will go directly to Steve’s fund.
You can purchase tickets from the Foxes Trust office (from my good self!) located at the ground. Directions to the office can be found here.

Tickets will only be available prior to the Derby game (6th April) 1.15 - 2.15pm and the Norwich game (14th April) 1.30- 2.30pm.
If you would like to purchase tickets and are unable to make either of these times, please PM me for alternative methods.

If you are unable to attend the event, but would still like to contribute to Steve’s fund, details of how you can do this can be found here.

If you are able to offer assistance in any other way - maybe you work for a company who would be willing to donate a raffle prize?, then please PM me.

It would be great to see you all there, stretching your brains and strutting your stuff!

images

Hi there!
I will attend, I think he sits behind me if its the same person. Him and his family are really nice people and we have all become great friends. I will mention this to my uncle who also sits with me. I am sure that this is the same person. He sits in P1 in the family stand.

Thanks

I have got an away city shirt that I am sure I can get autographed it can be raffled off or auctioned? If thats any help. Steve is an amzing bloke and I feel Privvelaged to have met him and sit near him at the matches.

i will be there with a select quiz team to claim top spot im ditching some of the lame brain inner circle wannabees that held me back last time
;) :icon_lol:

yes MHS it is and it involves giving away cash and there is a bar i would give it miss if i was you ;)

Sounds like a decent night - was this the same fundraiser that happened last year?

Yes, essentially. It's for the same cause - just a different organiser.

To those of you who went last year, please don't expect it to be on the same scale, as there's only lil ol' me organising it and I don't have the same clout as those who were in charge last year. Nevertheless, I'm sure it will be an enjoyable night :icon_wink

Yes, essentially. It's for the same cause - just a different organiser.

To those of you who went last year, please don't expect it to be on the same scale, as there's only lil ol' me organising it and I don't have the same clout as those who were in charge last year. Nevertheless, I'm sure it will be an enjoyable night :icon_wink

As long as you don't have 'Birch' reading the questions out it will be x10 better

Hi there!
I will attend, I think he sits behind me if its the same person. Him and his family are really nice people and we have all become great friends. I will mention this to my uncle who also sits with me. I am sure that this is the same person. He sits in P1 in the family stand.

Thanks

So you're the pair who blag all the sweets off my relatives, then! :icon_wink

As long as you don't have 'Birch' reading the questions out it will be x10 better

Glad you mentioned that! The manager asked me if Birch was doing it and he was quite taken aback by my forceful 'No' in response. I haven't filled the Quizmaster role yet, though.....

ahem :icon_roll
Now the real weak link from last year's event is coming forward and making his excuses from the team.

Before we know it our team from last year wil be issuing a statement "Lazzer and the group have decided to part company as of immediate effect, it is in both the team's and Lazzers best interest to go their seperate ways. Lazzer won't be looking to get back into a quiz teamn anytime soon"

Last edited:
Now the real weak link from last year's event is coming forward and making his excuses from the team.

Before we know it our team from last year wil be issuing a statement "Lazzer and the group have decided to part company as of immediate effect, it is in both the team's and Lazzers best interest to go their seperate ways. Lazzer won't be looking to get back into a quiz teamn anytime soon"

Lazzer wants to persue other projects.

All I will say is, we would have been many points better off if people hadnt poo-pooed my answers :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669