Post Match Stoke 2 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Kanté was the worst player on the pitch according to Sky Sports. I'll keep that in mind for next time I miss a game and check their ratings.

Quite a baffling team selection and again too much respect shown to opposition who were struggling and couldn't score in a ****ing brothel. That said good changes at half time and wonderful team spirit shown again to pull another rabbit out of another hat. Can't help thinking we would be better off, in this form at least, playing to our strengths rather than worrying about the opposition unduly.

I really like Kante, not seen him put in a bad performance yet. If he loses the ball he always has the desire to try and get it back, also makes important interceptions and is very quick and combative. Him and Drinkwater in the middle with Albrighton and Mahrez wide for me. Inler needs to settle in, perhaps bring him on as a substitute for a while to help him do that rather than throw him in the deep end.

**** me, was Huth playing for them today? Shocking for their 1st.

Stoke embarrassing claiming for absolutely everything

Kante is fast becoming my favourite player. He makes winning the ball seem so effortless.

**** me, was Huth playing for them today? Shocking for their 1st.

Stoke embarrassing claiming for absolutely everything

I don't want it to seem like I'm picking on him but, for me, the man at fault for their first goal was Inler. Bojan was his man and he should have tracked his run. He decided to just stop and left him to run through. We didn't defend it well all over but it was him that made the critical error.

I found the Stoke fans a bit desperate as were the complaints from Hughes after the game. They sound like a club that are worried.

Still, we are equal second, 1 point closer to Man City, and the only unbeaten team in the league. What's not to like?

I don't want it to seem like I'm picking on him but, for me, the man at fault for their first goal was Inler. Bojan was his man and he should have tracked his run. He decided to just stop and left him to run through. We didn't defend it well all over but it was him that made the critical error.

I found the Stoke fans a bit desperate as were the complaints from Hughes after the game. They sound like a club that are worried.

Agree with all of that BN.

A draw was probably about fair.

Just to clear up Hughes' points:

The first tackle on Drinkwater was in the box.

The second goal was fine as I don't think Morgan fouled their player, it was one of those six of one, half a dozen of the other sort of tussles that happens dozens of times in every game. Allied to this the goal didn't result from this as it was from the following phase of play as the ball went dead.

It would have been gentlemanly for Hughes to perhaps show his disappointment but recognise the quality of our fight back.

De Laet should also, having caught up with Arnautovic, fouled him and taken the booking IMO.

It is a long season and we definatley need more than 'plan A'.

That's exactly what we have under CR, hence the comebacks. Under NP we'd have been dead and buried at two down in both the last two matches. And no, I'm not forgetting the freak that was Manure last season!

Man U was different as we were expected to get well beaten from the start so the pressure was off, these last two games have been more impressive comebacks IMO. Against Stoke yesterday our defensive weaknesses were laid bare though. Richie De Laet.... well and truly skinned en route for their first goal. We've seen that many times. Critical 'switching off' in defense - see both goals. We've seen that before.

Maybe we should just pretend we're 2-0 down from the off if that's what it takes before we start playing well! Beats actually gifting them a two goal lead.

Inler really shouldn't start, he needs to be eased in with a few sub appearances until he gets into the swing of things. He ha snot looked good so far and especially with Kante playing so well and Drinkwater having improved this year there's no space for him to start. Albrighton-Kante-Drinks-Mahrez is our best midfield at the minute.

I think we're now good enough to credibly put yesterday's performance down to "a bad day at the office" - Stoke should have been out of sight by half time.

I really want Inler to succeed, but his languid style looks really odd in our set up, especially when we haven't got the ball (about 60% of the game usually). He also Moves like Beckham (David or Victoria - you choose).

RdeL I love, for his forward runs (and that lovely bit of backing in at the end which left Crouchie floundering about like a giraffe on a roof rack) - but his defending still looks like he has basic decision-making and concentration issues - surely it can be sorted?

Still gob-smacked at Mahrez's flick on for Vardy's goal.

Spot on. He was marking nobody and completely left Bojan. Was ball watching. Between that and old Ritchie getting turned over like a pancake...it was a poor goal for us. Nice run by Bojan and good stuff by their winger too,, to be fair.

Yes Inler was to blame. But Wes, Huth and Schlupp stood watching the ball while a forward made a pretty simple run in behind them. There were at least 5 players collectively to blame for that shambles.

That's exactly what we have under CR, hence the comebacks. Under NP we'd have been dead and buried at two down in both the last two matches. And no, I'm not forgetting the freak that was Manure last season!

How about Liverpool new year and the Away WBA game ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566