Stoke City - Sunday 4th May 2008 - 2pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

Kick Off: 2pm

Tickets:

We have received an INITIAL allocation of 1600 tickets for this fixture. - 24/04/08 SOLD OUT - AWAITING CONFIRMATION OF FURTHER ALLOCATION

Adults - £20
Seniors (Over 65's) - £15
Under 17's - £12
Under 11's - £9

Mon 21st Apr - STH Priority 1
Tue 22nd Apr - STH Priority 2
Wed 23rd Apr - STH Priority 3
Thu 24th Apr - Members
Fri 25th Apr - General Sale

*Please be advised that although this stand holds approx 4800 supporters, Stoke are not obliged to allocate us that amount of tickets. I have heard that more tickets will be available, but this may or may not mean they offer us the whole stand.

Fox Travel:

Fox travel coaches will depart at 11.30am

£12 Adult STH
£10 Concession STH
£13 Adult NON STH
£11 Concession NON STH

Directions & Parking:

Approx 60 Miles - 1 hour

M1 north to J24 > A50 all the way, the ground is on your left hand side, just before you get to the A500 Queensway island.

Plenty of parking available at the ground for approx £5

Trains:

Due to engineering works, it is impossible to get to Stoke on the train before the game kicks off.

Pubs:

As most of you are aware, there is only The Harvester pub/restaurant at the ground for a pre match drink. Pubs are available within the city centre, but this is approx 3 miles away and i'm not sure what buses (if any) will be running to and from the ground. Alcohol and other beverages are available in the ground.

Last edited:
Pubs:

As most of you are aware, there is only The Harvester pub/restaurant at the ground for a pre match drink. Pubs are available within the city centre, but this is approx 3 miles away and i'm not sure what buses (if any) will be running to and from the ground. Alcohol and other beverages are available in the ground.

There is also a pub on the right of the station which welcomes away supporters. Their is shuttle buses running to the ground from there.

Last edited:
...which are pretty useless with the train probelms and it may be a Sunday service in terms of buses....

It's possible to get to Stoke by train (and replacement bus) from Brum, Cov, and other places, so some people may still go that way. I think the buses are laid on for the football, so it won't be any different to a normal service.

I think the shuttle buses may well still operate as normal on Sunday as these are beneficial to home supporters as well as away supporters.

It's possible to get to Stoke by train (and replacement bus) from Brum, Cov, and other places, so some people may still go that way. I think the buses are laid on for the football, so it won't be any different to a normal service.

It looks like the timetable has been altered since I last looked. It wasn't possible to get to Stoke on trent (in time for the game) at all from any station a couple of weeks back, but now services are available from most of the west midlands stations, and it's also possible to do the journey from London.

i can't see any way they will allocate us the bottom tier of the away stand, if they get promoted they will invade the pitch to celebrate if they need the points and we stop them going up automatically they will invade the pitch as they did in the playoffs a few years ago, either way the police will not want any of our fans any near the pitch

i can't see any way they will allocate us the bottom tier of the away stand, if they get promoted they will invade the pitch to celebrate if they need the points and we stop them going up automatically they will invade the pitch as they did in the playoffs a few years ago, either way the police will not want any of our fans any near the pitch

The away stand is not tiered, although you might be right about them not wanting us at the very front of it. We are however entitled to 2,800 tickets in a stand that will hold 4,800. Because of the design of the stand, the layout of the concourse and the physical limitations outside the ground, they will not house home fans in the same stand.

It is common knowledge that they did not allow Bristol City tickets for the whoel stand but this was related to the way that Bristol City had allocated tickets for the game at Ashton Gate earlier in the season. would expect us to get more than the 2,800 tickets but probably not the full 4,800.

People who wait until after they see the result of the game against Sheffield Wednesday may have to act very quickly to secure a ticket for this game.

... it may be a Sunday service in terms of buses

I think the buses are laid on for the football, so it won't be any different to a normal service.

I think the shuttle buses may well still operate as normal on Sunday ...

Jeff and Nottingham are correct. The buses to the ground are nothing to do with the local bus operator. They are laid on by the supporters' club and because of 'local difficulties', they are hired in from many miles away. They will operate in exactly the same way for this game as for any other.

It looks like the timetable has been altered since I last looked. It wasn't possible to get to Stoke on trent (in time for the game) at all from any station a couple of weeks back, but now services are available from most of the west midlands stations, and it's also possible to do the journey from London.

Just, from London. You can get the 02.00 getting in at 12.05 ( including, if memory serves spending 3 hours on Banbury station ) or get the 05.24 getting in at 13.20. That's why we're travelling on Boc's happy bus.:icon_wink

Just, from London. You can get the 02.00 getting in at 12.05 ( including, if memory serves spending 3 hours on Banbury station ) or get the 05.24 getting in at 13.20. That's why we're travelling on Boc's happy bus.:icon_wink

It's changed again, 8am from Marylebone arrives Stoke on trent 12.30pm :icon_wink

Boc's happy bus will be much more fun i'm sure.

It's changed again, 8am from Marylebone arrives Stoke on trent 12.30pm :icon_wink

Boc's happy bus will be much more fun i'm sure.

Ah, didn't think of Marylebone. I'd rather the minibus, it means hopefully we won't encounter a single Stoke fan all day.

Edit: Changed again, according to Chiltern Railways - would have to leave at 06.51 to get in at 12.30.

Last edited:
it's going to take about 3 hours to get there from Sheffield but as its the last football that I actually care about till August I’ll make the trip!

It wasn't Banbury, but Bletchley which is probably even worse.

About a week ago though, they made available a 8:00 departure from Marylebone with a walk across Brum, a bus from Stafford to Stoke and no time to have anything to eat. Return would be bus to Blythe Bridge, change at Derby for a London arrival at St Pancras at somethingtoten.

Possible? Yes.

Viable? Not as far as I am concerned.

Can Melton and I get to Stoke by train from Nuneaton? Its the next nearest station to me

Can Melton and I get to Stoke by train from Nuneaton? Its the next nearest station to me

Nope.

Nearest would probably be Cov - and even then it would be a 2½ drag with a bus ride from Stafford to Stoke. There are actually no trains into Stoke from any direction that day.

Nope.

Nearest would probably be Cov - and even then it would be a 2½ drag with a bus ride from Stafford to Stoke. There are actually no trains into Stoke from any direction that day.

PUBLIC TRANSPORT!!!!! When you want to use it, it's not available. Feck it I will go by car.

you should go in meltons new car then he can use his super duper new sat nav system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566