Strangest possible signing of the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skysports.com can confirm Hull are set to hold talks with Juninho over a possible move to The KC stadium.

Hull are lining up an ambitious swoop for the former Middlesbrough hero as they look to signal their intent in the Championship under new owner Paul Duffen.

Juninho is looking for a new club after leaving Flamengo last month and he is considering a return to England.

The Brazilian's agent Jonathan Hassall confirmed Juninho was set to meet Hull to discuss the possibility of moving back to England.

"It is true that we are planning to meet Hull to have talks over a move," Hassall told skysports.com

"Juninho is expected to fly into the country in the next 48 hours and we will then meet with Hull.

"We will go to see what Hull have got to say and what they have on offer.

"Juninho is keen on a move back to England as his heart has always been in England."

Hull could face a fight to sign the World Cup winner with clubs in Brazil and Qatar also chasing the diminutive playmaker.

"Juninho has got offers from other clubs in Brazil as well as other clubs on the continent and we will wait and see what is the best for him," added Hassall
for jeff :icon_wink

Was nick Barmby ever in the same team as him?

One of the best individual performances i have ever seen against city when we played m'boro at filbo (97). Think they won 3-1 and the little fecker almost single handledly destroyed us. When he stepped on the pitch he looked like a kid in a mans game, but we couldnt get near him all afternoon.
So good was his efforts that it probaly cost boro the lge cup against us, because MON didnt forget and decided to use Pontus to man mark him for the two cup finals.

One of the best individual performances i have ever seen against city when we played m'boro at filbo (97). Think they won 3-1 and the little fecker almost single handledly destroyed us. When he stepped on the pitch he looked like a kid in a mans game, but we couldnt get near him all afternoon.
So good was his efforts that it probaly cost boro the lge cup against us, because MON didnt forget and decided to use Pontus to man mark him for the two cup finals.

pontus kamark's performance outshone the brazilian feckers 10/1. Had him in his pocket all game. And when i was VIP at old trafford 2 years ago i had a long convosation with bryan robson about it, and i let the ****er know.

This one has to beat the Juninho one in terms of strangest if it goes through:

From BBC Sport Gossip:

David Beckham's new side LA Galaxy want Dec out of Ant and Dec to attend trials after the Geordie TV legend impressed chiefs with his finishing during a kickabout with Robbie Williams. (Daily Star)

Last edited:
This one has to beat the Juninho one in terms of strangest if it goes through:

From BBC Sport Gossip:

David Beckham's new side LA Galaxy want Dec out of Ant and Dec to attend trials after the Geordie TV legend impressed chiefs with his finishing during a kickabout with Robbie Williams. (Daily Star)

can't see that one coming off they have to do everthing together:icon_lol:

Teddy off to Colchester:

From teamtalk:

Teddy ready to join Colchester

Championship club Colchester are expected to announce the signing of former England international striker Teddy Sheringham on Wednesday.

The 41-year-old is surplus to requirements at West Ham but is keen to prolong his 23-year professional career.

The Championship side recently lost last season's top scorer Jamie Cureton to Norwich and had been in the market for a striker.

Ex-Manchester United and Tottenham star Sheringham would be the Us' third big signing in 24 hours after they twice broke their transfer record to capture Mark Yeates and Clive Platt.

Tottenham's Irish winger Yeates, 22, was first to arrive.

He spent a spell on loan at Layer Road two seasons ago and had temporary deals at Hull and Leicester in the last campaign.

Striker Platt soon followed for what the club will only say is a "six-figure sum".

Us chief executive Marie Partner told the club's official website: "These are the first two signings in what will be a very busy campaign in securing the club's squad for next season's push in the Championship.

"There is a great deal of exciting news to come."

The Yeates and Platt deals will be formally completed when clearance is received by the Football Association and Football League.

Yeates managed to get himself a job there too :icon_eek:

i swear i saw something on east midlands today about forest making an approach for sherringham?
No, it was that they expect to be in the same league as the Norfolk outfit by the 2011/2012 season

****s sake, if he's off to Forest, yet another player we offered 30k a week to and a zillion pound transfer fee and STILL missed out on. I've had enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669