Strike!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feck me there's some tripe in this thread!

...Likewise, there are many who sit on their arses and do the absolute minimum!

And it appears that you aren't averse to dolloping a steaming pile of it yourself.

So all teachers work their hardest? I know some personally who certainly do not.

Of course they don't, there are some downright shit teachers, just like there are downright shit people in private sector jobs on better money.

I know that Matt, chill yer beans. Although "private sector jobs" is a little broad for a direct comparison.

Of course they don't, there are some downright shit teachers, just like there are downright shit people in private sector jobs on better money.

There are some downright shit people in private sector jobs, just like there are downright shit teachers on better money.

See no need for the part in bold, it works both ways.

That bloke that ran RBS seemed to get on quite well even though he was shite, £300,000/year pension and a massive payoff anyone.

300K a year?

I know middle manager bankers making that as a bonus...it's a wee bit stomach-churning. Even some of them can't believe how much money they make.

It may not have been clear, but that's what he's getting as a pension now ( and he's walked into another job ). He was earning squiliions when he was driving the company into the dirt.

Ahhh. Understood.

I may be wrong about this having never been in the position...but at what point does the difference 50M and 60M not really matter any more to a person?

I think Wall Street said it best:

"What is your number?"

"More"

I may be wrong about this having never been in the position...but at what point does the difference 50M and 60M not really matter any more to a person?

I think Wall Street said it best:

"What is your number?"

"More"
Yeah, you are right, it's all willy-waving in the end. Where I work, we deal with some very high net worth individuals. Almost without exception, they are the most odious people you could wish to meet.

Last edited:
My FIL is wealthy, we're talking high 8 figures wealthy.

He's not odious in the slightest, however he has made it very clear we will not be getting a penny.
Still we get nice holidays to NY for free so can't grumble.

The difference between the 2 amounts is 20%, wherever you are on the scale that's still a chunk of change. It's a house on Malibu beach or a nice yacht, that's how these guys think.

I imagine (or guess) that success is measured by the amount of money you earn in that business, hence someone earning 60 million is seen as having done a better job than someone earning 50 million. I know that personally that would be a much bigger drive to always strive for more, than the thought of buying another house or whatever. I also imagine that you don't become superwealthy without being extremely competitive - and a bit of a swine when it's needed.

My FIL is wealthy, we're talking high 8 figures wealthy.

He's not odious in the slightest, however he has made it very clear we will not be getting a penny.
You mean before he kicks it? Or do you mean to say he actually specifically stated that he won't make sure his daughter and her family is financially secure after he's gone? I'm not trying to cause a family rift here :icon_lol: just trying to get my head round it.
The difference between the 2 amounts is 20%, wherever you are on the scale that's still a chunk of change. It's a house on Malibu beach or a nice yacht, that's how these guys think.
Yes, I suspect I'd instantly despise anyone who thinks solely in material possessions.

You mean before he kicks it? Or do you mean to say he actually specifically stated that he won't make sure his daughter and her family is financially secure after he's gone? I'm not trying to cause a family rift here :icon_lol: just trying to get my head round it.

It's all going to charity, so he says. Could be just a ruse to get his kids to forge their own way in life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669