Post Match Sunderland 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Embarrassed by my team.

Its sad.

Even after the shitfest against Boro I wasn't really feeling negative about Ranieri, but his total lack of action to change things is starting to really piss me off.

Dropping Okazaki.....mug

Who else thinks it's ridiculous that red cards can be rescinded but yellow cards can't? Fuchs out for the Man City game due to an excellent tackle which was judged to be not only a foul but a yellow card too. Crap rule if you ask me.

Whilst I'd agree that they should be able to be rescinded, on this occasion I'm glad it's not a thing. Fuchs has been Fuching useless this season, and this seems to be the only way he will be out the team. All we need now is Morgan, Huth, Mahrez, Vardy and all the other ****s to get suspended.

Hernandez must be wondering what the **** he has to do and to whom to get into this shower of shit at the moment. We are so short of options in midfield it's untrue.

I'm still to be convinced on Slimani's ability to do much with the ball at his feet and King.... well..... I think we all know what to think about Andy King. Amartey was unfairly criticised today. None of them were superb but he was one of the better ones, comparatively at any rate.

As for our attack, well, toothless is as polite an adjective as I can conjure up right now. Vardy isn't getting the correct service and on the rare occasions he does his confidence is shot to pieces and he is scared stiff to have a punt.

Onwards and..... erm....... well, onwards anyway.

but what about Zieler?

I thought the back 5 generally played OK.

It was our midfield and forwards that were overrun putting immense pressure on the defence.

However in terms of defence mistakes, why we do we not put players on the posts at corners? I thought that was standard practice.

If Defoe is free inside out boxes with no one marking him is that the Midfielders fault?
The amount of space the Sunderland players had today was shocking. we would have got slaughted by a better team in the first 20mins ( ie Liverpool, man u, etc...)

What bothers me is not that CR isn't changing it...its the absolute lack of quality options he has to change it too.
Which totally lies at his door.
Gray, Musa, Hernandez are not better than what we have been playing.

Once again it goes back to the complete pike of shit that was our summer transfer business.

And here I was thinking that by putting my left sock on first every morning this week instead of my right one would change our fortunes. Schoolboy error.

but what about Zieler?
Neither one thing nor the other. I'll wait for your thoroughly insightful and well constructed ratings post though as that will tell me exactly what he was like won't it?

Sunderland can serve as an inspiration for us as they seem to be in the process of turning around a pitiful start..

Out of interest, if we get relegated we will clearly be the first ever relegated defending Champions in the Premier League, but has that ever happened in any other league?

In 1938 Man. City were relegated from Div. 1 after winning it the previous season.

I don't expect any great number of changes in the upcoming games and don't expect any reverse in form as a result anytime soon - I'm mentally preparing for the great escape part 2 bet Claudio and the squad isn't.

God yes, we passed that a while ago

You should also be getting angry with the person who is refusing to make the bleeding obvious changes needed and is going with the same failing formula every single week

I dont think he has choice at the moment tbh

Aguero and Fernandinho out for our match with Man City. Silver lining?

CLAUDIO: "We did our best today, but it wasn't enough. We have to keep working hard in training and trust the bad moment will turn." #SunLei
#robkelly #smashingbunchoflads #steamingpileoffetidwank #SunLei #gochokeonadonkeydickyoubunchofoverpaidcockjugglingfucktards #winewasnicethankyou :)

As Brown Nose obsessed in our last slump.. only Pulis can save us.
Imagine what we'd have missed out on had that come to pass.

Today the midfield were abysmal again. Ozakaki is not the solution but has to start. Ndidi cannot arrive soon enough to put King out of his misery.

Before heading off to the Safe house, I'll take any positives or shoots of hope you might be able to offer, I'm feeling desperate by our position
A couple of wins and we're around 10th, which is what many expected preseason. This forum, and probably the others too, is dreadful for whipping itself into a state of febrile misery - it's what most of them live for. It's the other side of the shoe-waving happy clapper clapping coin.

Yes, that was abysmal. Yes, changes are needed. But the season doesn't finish next weekend and we aren't down - no matter how much some seem to want us to be. The clear positive is that this is the squad who gave us thrilling entertainment during the great escape and last season, it's still there to be dug out of them.

There, positivity.

This!

I did not see heads down, hands on hips, players blaming each other. They are trying but not getting it right. They need belief and maybe a bit of luck.

Champions needing luck to not play like strangers.

I can't blame anyone for asking questions at this point, they aren't just unlucky, they are failing to get even the basics right in every single department.

They need to take some responsibility as players as we know what they are capable of, I see no arguing on the pitch but I also see no leaders and no fight.

I did not see heads down, hands on hips, players blaming each other. They are trying but not getting it right. They need belief and maybe a bit of luck.

I did not see any of it - but I heard several times on TalkSqualk about the incident when Slimani was injured and receiving treatment. Apparently eight of our players went over to the bench for a drink, leaving only Fuchs, the goalie and the recovering Slimani to cover eleven Sunderland players when the ref restarted the game. It sounded like a wholly unprofessional shambles and I can't see how 'a bit of luck' is going to improve matters. The presenter commented on the pressure that Ranieri must be feeling and pondered upon what he could do with players who were displaying this kind of attitude.

I'm surprised that I can't find any mention of this in either the Match or Post Match thread. Was it really as bad as they made it sound?

true
I did not see any of it - but I heard several times on TalkSqualk about the incident when Slimani was injured and receiving treatment. Apparently eight of our players went over to the bench for a drink, leaving only Fuchs, the goalie and the recovering Slimani to cover eleven Sunderland players when the ref restarted the game. It sounded like a wholly unprofessional shambles and I can't see how 'a bit of luck' is going to improve matters. The presenter commented on the pressure that Ranieri must be feeling and pondered upon what he could do with players who were displaying this kind of attitude.

I'm surprised that I can't find any mention of this in either the Match or Post Match thread. Was it really as bad as they made it sound?
Many went for a drink and chat with CR as did the sunderland players but all were in place for the restart.

I don't recall that happening Bob, though admittedly my stream did drop out on a few occasions.

I recall Slimani being g'naded, and him receiving treatment for that (though quite what one does for it, I have no idea - the magic sponge?). Other than Mariner (sp?) finding it amusing, I don't really recall much other reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566