Sunderland match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those that didnt go today we were excellent. Weso played really well as did Hughes, Johnson and Kenton. MOM was Kisnorbo though the guy is a rock.

Really pleased with the positive way that we played. For long periods we matched them and looked the better side. We had plenty of the ball and really tried to pass it rather than hoof it. A good point well earned!

Well done RK and the lads.

I hope lcfc world shows more than it did of the Hull and West Brom match then! The own goal was 3 seconds in on the baggies highlights:mad::mad:

For those that didnt go today we were excellent. Weso played really well as did Hughes, Johnson and Kenton. MOM was Kisnorbo though the guy is a rock.

Really pleased with the positive way that we played. For long periods we matched them and looked the better side. We had plenty of the ball and really tried to pass it rather than hoof it. A good point well earned!

Well done RK and the lads.

Glad to hear it - according to the observer, Leicester were "content to defend in numbers" and "hardly threatened". The goal apparently came as a complete surprise, though apparently they did create another chance!!

Apparently the draw was down to Sunderland being tired because they played 3 games in 8 days. :confused: Unlike the rest of the division, I suppose.

I hope their reporter didn't claim any expenses - he obviously wrote the report in bed. :icon_bigg

Glad to hear it - according to the observer, Leicester were "content to defend in numbers" and "hardly threatened". The goal apparently came as a complete surprise, though apparently they did create another chance!!

Apparently the draw was down to Sunderland being tired because they played 3 games in 8 days. :confused: Unlike the rest of the division, I suppose.

I hope their reporter didn't claim any expenses - he obviously wrote the report in bed. :icon_bigg

He must of been watching another game! I bet he wanked all over Dwight as well didnt he. He was completly annoynomous even if Keane decrisbed him as being brilliant.

He must of been watching another game! I bet he wanked all over Dwight as well didnt he. He was completly annoynomous even if Keane decrisbed him as being brilliant.

Tony Gale on SS said he made an immediate impact although he also said that the guy who scored their goal also changed the game...always thought Gale was a bit of a tosser myself though:102:

Yorke? Did he play??;)

Hussain changed the game when he came on.

We were the better side. Kisnorbo, Johnson, O'Grady, Weso all excellent

Great performance, we played with a lot of energy and not a little skill. Could have won it at the end when O'Grady chose to shoot rather than cross when we had two on the six yard line waiting for a pass. I can't chose one player over the rest, we played as a unit for once. It's taken a few games but all the players looked fit.

Fryatt booked

And what a twat he was - the ref has already pushed the wall back 10 yards when Fryatt came back from an upfield position and stood beside the Sunderland players who were about to take the free-kick. The ref told him to get 10 yards at least three times but he just moved back inch-by-inch. The ref had no alternative but to book him.

Now second in the booking chart behind Paddy McCarthy.

Large gin, I think, to steady the nerves.

It's funny - if you had been at the game, I don't think you would have been feeling nervy. I went fearing the worst, but we matched them for the whole 90 minutes - the predicted cave-in never, ever looked likely.

We're on the verge of falling to pieces.

We'll lose 3-1 now

That never happened - we worked hard and kept our composure throughout. Even after they scores, we never tried to shut up shop - we were creating our own chances right to the end of the game.

Sunderland fans on the Metro on the way back to Newcastle were saying that they were relieved to get a point from a game in which they were second-best. Best performance of the season by far IMO.

That never happened - we worked hard and kept our composure throughout. Even after they scores, we never tried to shut up shop - we were creating our own chances right to the end of the game.

Sunderland fans on the Metro on the way back to Newcastle were saying that they were relieved to get a point from a game in which they were second-best. Best performance of the season by far IMO.

:038: Agreed Boc, I always get very nervous watching City but yesterday was fine. I felt it after they scored but then City carried on playing well. It was a comfortable draw and we should have had better.

35,104 there
Fantastic support for Championship football.

That's bollocks. It's just a load of fickle Mackems turning out because they've got a new manager who was once a famous footballer. Watch the figures drop when they decide to stay at home when he doesn't get results every week.

The arrival of we'vegotroykeaniowhoneedsmourhinio put 10,000 on the gate yet there was still acres of empty seats - and this at a ground where they had a 30-year waiting list for season tickets less than 10 years ago. Pah!

And perhaps they could announce how many fans were in the ground when the ref blew the final whistle - they started streaming out after 80 minutes!

Last edited:
I doubt Kelly will think that.

He'll take a forward off or drop Hume into midfield

Kelly (for once) judged his substitutions perfectly. Why take anybody off when the 11 players on the pitch have silenced the Sunderland crowd and caused their manager to make his *third* substitution with almost ½ an hour of the game still to go?

See what happens next Saturday when the onus will be on us to attack

Let's see what happens at Hereford on Tuesday first. It'll be extra-time and pens, obviously!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669