Sunderland Player Rating

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think kenton is the biggest bag of shite ever to wear a city shirt, but he played a very good game today. so fair play to the lad, COG troubles defenders because he is big and fast, if we can get defences panicking fryatt and hume can exploit it.

well done mackems for admitting other players can be useful, geordies just say "everyone is shite" which is good for a conversation in the pub

More Sunderland opinions:

"Watching the match today I couldnt help but be impressed with Leicester City. whether we were below par or not (seems to be the general consensus) I thought they were well worth their point.
I got to wondering as did my mates whether or not the crowd, the Keane factor, SOL led to LCFC raising their game."

"I thought they were the best team we have faced so far this season which isn't really reflected in their league position. I was surprised that they were as attack minded as they were. I definitely thought they would play ten behind the ball and in fairness they didn't."

"Very suprised to see Leicester playing such attacking football. Definately took the game to us. All credit to their team for thwarting us and silencing the crowd, and for the few hundred of their fans who turned up - Well done, your vocal support was a credit."

"Leicester were much sharper and quicker to the 2nd ball today and closed us down well. A lot of this was due to our lot being tired but you still have to give credit to Leicester - I thought they played well today."

"Watching the match today I couldnt help but be impressed with Leicester City. whether we were below par or not (seems to be the general consensus) I thought they were well worth their point.
I got to wondering as did my mates whether or not the crowd, the Keane factor, SOL led to LCFC raising their game."

"I thought they were the best team we have faced so far this season which isn't really reflected in their league position. I was surprised that they were as attack minded as they were. I definitely thought they would play ten behind the ball and in fairness they didn't."

"Very suprised to see Leicester playing such attacking football. Definately took the game to us. All credit to their team for thwarting us and silencing the crowd, and for the few hundred of their fans who turned up - Well done, your vocal support was a credit."

"Leicester were much sharper and quicker to the 2nd ball today and closed us down well. A lot of this was due to our lot being tired but you still have to give credit to Leicester - I thought they played well today."

:icon_bigg

come on Leicester!!

what exactly are they wanting from us? in all seriousness they were more than open and honest when ive spoken to them and its a credit to the place they live that they are like that

Last edited by a moderator:
My god, it was much much better..... Some of the player ratings have been well harsh, not one deserved as low as a 6 IMO, they all worked their socks off.

Junior Lewis?
Lee Marshall?
Nathan Blake?
Scowy?
Lee Morris??:102:

I'd say Kenton isn't amazing but he hardly stands out to me as being particularly bad.

I think Kenton has done ok since he's come, been a darn sight more sturdy than Stearman.

Henderson 6
Kenton 7
Johannson 6
Paddy Mc 6
Kisnorbo 8
Hughes 7
Johnson 7
Weso 8
Porter 6
Fryatt 7
O'Grady 8

O'Grady allround game was fantastic yesterday just needs to add a goal threat!!

Weso added some real bite to the midfield and it seemed that Johnson for once was a bit more mobile and tenacious.

Kisnorbo was a rock. I would have rated McCarthy higher because he did play really well but he seemed to have two or three lapses of concentration that were poor.

Hughes actually got stuck in, best game I have seen from him since just after he signed.

All round good effort really pleased with them.

Kenton is not bad at all. Much rather him at left back than NEJ.
Anyone else spot Lee Morris scoring for Yeovil yesterday? cracking goal it was!! And he isn't injured, amazing!

it warms your heart to hear all the other fans thought that shown us in a very bright light all credit to them wish more fans could be like that on one of there biggests days under a new manger well done city aswell keep this up now we be in the playoffs on that fourm

Last edited:
Kenton is not bad at all. Much rather him at left back than NEJ.
Anyone else spot Lee Morris scoring for Yeovil yesterday? cracking goal it was!! And he isn't injured, amazing!

In the highlights I also saw an advertising board at the same ground which simply said "Injured?". Made me chuckle..:icon_lol:

i wasn't at the game, but here's what i got from listening to the radio

Henderson - 4
Kenton - 3
McCarthy - 0
Kisnorbo - 6
Johansson - 1
Hughes - 4
Johnson - 7
Wesolowski - 7
Porter - 5
O'Grady - 4
Fryatt - 5

It's about time you stopped lestening to your radio and went ti the game. You could then make up your own mind.

my worry is that we won't make nearly as much effort against colchester

Please let's get the worry about the Hereford game over before starting to worry about Colchester!

Henderson - 4
Kenton - 3
McCarthy - 0
Kisnorbo - 6
Johansson - 1
Hughes - 4
Johnson - 7
Wesolowski - 7
Porter - 5
O'Grady - 4
Fryatt - 5

What are you on about? How can they deserve this? That is pathetic. Sort yourself out man and go and watch as opposed to writing populist shite. We stopped a team in their resurrgence, mainly out-fought and out-played them and you give players a '1' and McCarthy a '0'?

If you're not there, don't vote if you're going to be this affected.

Last edited:

Henderson - 4
Kenton - 3
McCarthy - 0
Kisnorbo - 6
Johansson - 1
Hughes - 4
Johnson - 7
Wesolowski - 7
Porter - 5
O'Grady - 4