Pre Match Sunderland v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
The players had much more confidence in him a couple of years ago than they do Zieler.

He's conceded 14 goals in 5 league appearances.

Which have all been his fault? he's conceded that many because our defence has been shit.

Hamer hasn't been impressive with us and wasn't even decent with Forest and Bristol on loan.

The players had much more confidence in him a couple of years ago than they do Zieler.

Which players? Huth hasn't played with Hamer. Fuchs hasn't played with Hamer. Simpson probably hasn't. Or are you suggesting we bring Liam Moore and Richie de Laet back?

He's conceded 14 goals in 5 league appearances.

No no. The team have conceded 14 goals in 5 league appearances.

I don't understand why he's everyone's scapegoat? Yes the defence look less reassured than they do with Kasper in goal, but that's their issue. Is it also Zieler's fault that we can't put two passes together and can't create anything?

Hamer didn't put a foot wrong at Forest. The loan was called off due to their transfer embargo without him playing a game.

precisely

No no. The team have conceded 14 goals...... Is it also Zieler's fault that we can't put two passes together and can't create anything?

No. It is his fault however they he doesn't seem able to kick a football more than 20 yards, that he dilly-dallies on the ball far too long allowing attackers to close him down all too regularly, that he has shown no command of his area at all and that he can't catch a ball.

He has been woefully inept since we first saw him. In fact, the defence has so little confidence in Zieler's ability to clear his lines or catch a ball that they panic like idiots trying to deal with everything and anything and they aren't capable of doing that efficiently.

I am with BN on this; other than stand between the posts with a fag in one hand and a Special Brew in the other, Hamer really couldn't do much worse than Zieler.

That is clutching at straws Gray is not prem standard by a long stretch

Neither is Andy King but we still persist with him. I'm all for giving Gray a chance to show what he can do. He has fantastic feet but little end product from what I've seen so far; you cannot possibly judge him on the few cameos we have seen thus far.

In fact, the defence has so little confidence in Zieler's ability to clear his lines or catch a ball that they panic like idiots trying to deal with everything and anything and they aren't capable of doing that efficiently.

So was Kasper to blame when the defence were also shit when he was playing or was that still Zeiler's fault? a month or so back it was Amartey to blame for Morgan and Huth forgetting to mark opposing players. who should we blame next?

So was Kasper to blame when the defence were also shit when he was playing or was that still Zeiler's fault? a month or so back it was Amartey to blame for Morgan and Huth forgetting to mark opposing players. who should we blame next?
exactly its blame anyone but the 2 people that keep ****ing up

No, but then that's not what I said is it?! The defence have been a shambles all season. I'm not absolving them of blame at all. They are much worse though when they have a keeper who is totally unreliable behind them. Have you seem Zieler attempt to kick a football?

exactly its blame anyone but the 2 people that keep ****ing up

It really isn't. Anyone can see that Zieler is inept; as have most of the team been for the most part this season. I genuinely cannot believe that you can't see just how dreadful Zieler has been in every single aspect of his goalkeeping so far. It's laughable. I'm not making him a scapegoat, I'm saying that he is a bit shit. Many others have been as well but we aren't discussing those names at present are we?

No, but then that's not what I said is it?! The defence have been a shambles all season. I'm not absolving them of blame at all. They are much worse though when they have a keeper who is totally unreliable behind them. Have you seem Zieler attempt to kick a football?

His kicking isn't great but even good kicks out from Kasper are rarely won by our players this season. I don't think they've been worse with him in at all, the back 4 have been very consistent this season.

You claim they're panicking because of Zeiler. the panic is probably more down to them playing shit and not concentrating....as they have since the Hull game.

It really isn't. Anyone can see that Zieler is inept; as have most of the team been for the most part this season. I genuinely cannot believe that you can't see just how dreadful Zieler has been in every single aspect of his goalkeeping so far. It's laughable. I'm not making him a scapegoat, I'm saying that he is a bit shit. Many others have been as well but we aren't discussing those names at present are we?
you ever think he's being affected by a defence playing shit in front of him? its not just Keepers giving defenders confidence it works the other way too

The defence are also affected by the woeful ineptitude of the midfield in front of them. Last season they were all playing as two banks of four with the defence only having to mop up anything that got past the midfield. This year they're having to deal with all of it because the midfield aren't.

No. It is his fault however they he doesn't seem able to kick a football more than 20 yards, that he dilly-dallies on the ball far too long allowing attackers to close him down all too regularly, that he has shown no command of his area at all and that he can't catch a ball.

Please remind me which of the goals he has conceded are as a result of him dilly dallying on the ball? Or as a result of any of the other three criticisms?

None? Ok thought so.

Please remind me which of the goals he has conceded are as a result of him dilly dallying on the ball? Or as a result of any of the other three criticisms?

None? Ok thought so.

Just because he hasn't had the ball stolen from him (yet) or kicked it out straight to an attacker's feet (yet) doesn't in anyway mean that he hasn't been directly responsible for massive pressure being put on the defence because they are constantly having to clear up his mistakes. Countless times against Boro his kicking was so poor it didn't make the opposition half. This in turn means that the midfield and defence are trying to win the ball back constantly instead of being able to play out properly from the back.

It really is simple to understand. You seem to think I'm making him solely responsible for our form. I'm not. He's one piece of half digested sweetcorn buried in the diarrhoea of our season so far but he is, nonetheless, a terrible goalkeeper. Nothing he has done has convinced me otherwise.

I agree, the defence may be panicking for lots of other reasons but his comedy handling, inability to kick and sheer inability to get rid of the ball to a Leicester shirt is certainly not helping them.

I agree, the defence may be panicking for lots of other reasons but his comedy handling, inability to kick and sheer inability to get rid of the ball to a Leicester shirt is certainly not helping them.
then maybe they should stop passing back to him when they don't actually need to then as they could easily clear the ball themselves

then maybe they should stop passing back to him when they don't actually need to then as they could easily clear the ball themselves
I'm pretty sure after watching him trying to kick a ball against Boro, they will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669