Pre Match Sunderland v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

FIF

I'll make sure to post it with my next set of ratings, that'll mean my opinion is valid won't it? Jebus!

We have problems all over the pitch. It doesn't take an expert to see that. I responded to a comment about Zieler, I have lots of other opinions about some of the other dross we have seen thus far but then that wouldn't be relevant to a discussion about our goalkeeping situation, would it?

If you're asking; King shouldn't be anywhere near the team but there are little to no options there apart from James and he has his own frailties as we know all too well. Hernandez should be drafted in immediately (quite frankly for Morgan or Huth both who have had their fair share of problems this season) to sure up the sieve that is our defence as should Chilwell or Schlupp for Fuchs. Vardy needs time out of the starting eleven as does Mahrez with Slimani and X (Gray? Kapustka?) coming in.

None of this makes Zieler a better keeper though does it? Yes I've seen Hamer play and remember how my heart sank at yet another dodgy keeper. The fact I would rather have him than Zieler speaks volumes about how shite Zieler has looked, not how great I think Hamer is.

Surely a better defence and midfield and attack would make Zieler a better keeper (or at least seem to be).

FIF

Point is I don't understand your view of Zieler and I'd definitely prefer him over Hamer.

popillius

Probably, probably not. I really do hope you're right but I don't think so. I think he is technically poor and thus no amount of talent in front of him will improve that. Only hard graft and good coaching will cure his problems.

Listen, I'm more than happy to be proven wrong. I'd love to have confidence in him if for no other reason than it will be one less thing to worry about whilst watching! I just can't see it.

popillius

Point is I don't understand your view of Zieler and I'd definitely prefer him over Hamer.
Each to their own I suppose. My point was that I wouldn't feel any less confident about Hamer so there would be little harm in seeing if he is any better.

Skitzo

he isn't technically poor at all, no matter how good a purple patch he was having Germany do not call up technically poor keepers, they have too many good ones so they don't have to and he is a damn sight better than Ben Hamer is even now, there's a reason no one was interested in Hamer when we were willing to let him leave just this past summer.

Zieler isn't playing well at all right now but he is far from as bad as you and others are making out put a functioning defence in front of him his confidence would grow and a lot of the mistakes people pick up would vanish too.

The fact you don't seem to understand that if you drop him for Hamer you may as well pay his contract up as he would be finished here shocks me, drop him for Hamer he is done here as long as Ranieri is manager as there is no way you could bring him back tna if for no other reason mentally he would be destroyed.

why don't we try fixing the defence first given that they have been crap all season regardless of who is in goal instead of always blaming the keeper

popillius

The fact you don't seem to understand that if you drop him for Hamer you may as well pay his contract up as he would be finished here shocks me, drop him for Hamer he is done here as long as Ranieri is manager as there is no way you could bring him back tna if for no other reason mentally he would be destroyed.

It's not a fact that I 'don't understand this', more that this is complete and utter bollocks.

Football isn't as black and white as this. If he is 'mentally destroyed' by being dropped when he is out of form instead of thinking '**** me, I'd better work harder and get back in' then I'd say he's in the wrong game anyway. Better players have lost their positions and worked harder to succeed than him. Better players have had to change something in their game to succeed than him.

I'd use your Psychology doctorate to try and understand why some people may feel a little uneasy by having Zieler in goal instead of exploring why a professional footballer having been dropped may be 'mentally destroyed'.

I am very happy to be wrong and if he produces and assured, commanding display against Sunderland I will be one of the first to congratulate him. After I have cleaned up all of that rocking horse shit and helped thaw Hell out of course. If he produces a shit storm and ships another 3 or 4, well, then if it's okay with you I'll continue to suggest he should be dropped.

City Fan

I'm waiting for your threads about each of the other players that need to be dropped. You know the one's who are not replacing injured players.

Do you remember Hamer playing for us? Do you really have confidence in him?

It was as if I was watching a player go in goal after the keeper was sent off with no replacement on the bench. That's how bad he was

But of course, he clearly he has to be better than that terrible, useless duffer Zieler.

popillius

It was as if I was watching a player go in goal after the keeper was sent off with no replacement on the bench. That's how bad he was

But of course, he clearly he has to be better than that terrible, useless duffer Zieler.

Yes. Probably. It'd be nice to find out.

SwedeFox

Might have missed it but what's the latest on Schmeichel's injury? Said around a month early Nov I think

City Fan

Yes. Probably. It'd be nice to find out.

I kind of hope it happens now just to remind you, as you clearly can't remember two seasons ago.

It won't happen though. As Claudio isn't that much of a moron.

SwedeFox

We currently have a number of significant problems.

If we put them all on a list of what needs attention right now, in order of priority, impact or significance, Zieler would be the least important

And it's a long list
People are looking for easy fixes to complicated problems. Change the manager, change the keeper, change the formation. It's concrete. Shame that the algorithms of Football Manager don't govern real life. I would have been defending champion of reality

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Might have missed it but what's the latest on Schmeichel's injury? Said around a month early Nov I think

I don't think anyone at the club said how long he was expected to be out, it was the media that said a month. The last thing Kasper tweeted about it was on November 4th

This is what Ranieri said:

"I don’t want to put a deadline (on Schmeichel’s return) because every man is different. Maybe two, three, five, six or maybe seven weeks – I don’t know."

popillius

It won't happen though. As Claudio isn't that much of a moron.
You're a very angry little boy. You really don't need to descend to that level (or perhaps you do?). Have some decorum and debate with reasoned arguments. You just make yourself look foolish and obtuse.

Are you seriously suggesting that players can't improve? Perhaps you were saying such negative things about Vardy or Mahrez when they looked a little out of their depth. What a good job we had managers and coaches 'moronic' enough to work with them and offer them a way back in.

Like I have said too many times to recount now, I would graciously (and happily) retract what I have written if there were any signs of competence shown by the keeper (et al for that matter) but as of now, if it's okay with you, I'll continue to persist with the idea that he is garbage.

City Fan

Are you seriously suggesting that players can't improve?

I haven't once suggested that.

However in Hamer's case I'd be surprised if he's improved having only played a handful of Championship games in the two years since he last played for us.

popillius

I haven't once suggested that.

However in Hamer's case I'd be surprised if he's improved having only played a handful of Championship games in the two years since he last played for us.
It's called coaching. It can make bad players better ones.

City Fan

It's called coaching. It can make bad players better ones.

If our goalkeeping coach was so great, why is Zieler still "terrible"?

Robin127

They must have some really shit keepers in Germany if he was no. 2 to Neuer at the World Cup.

popillius

If our goalkeeping coach was so great, why is Zieler still "terrible"?
Because he's only been here 5 minutes? Because his attitude isn't great? Because he doesn't work hard enough? Because he's homesick? Because he is technically poor and has little natural ability? Because he is new to the English game and hasn't adjusted? Because he has personal issues affecting his mindset? Because he doesn't care enough?

How the **** do I know? Our GK coaching could be horse shit which is why both Zieler and Hamer may have gone further backwards. The point is who the hell knows anything about what is going on with coaching at the moment? From the look of them I am guessing very little! It could be a million things. Every player doesn't respond to coaching in exactly the same way do they?

FIF

Apparently he isn't injured. He just doesn't want to play with this defence and ruin his reputation before leaving in the January transfer window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669