Pre Match Sunderland v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holding-Sign-psd19191.png

It's not the system change I'm opposed to, it's the fascination of Hernandez playing midfield that's ridiculous.

Because he has more speed than Morgan and Huth, so can play in either 5, the 5-3-2 or 3-5-2, plus that huge throw, which is as good as having a free kick or corner every time we have a throw-in in their final third.

Go for 3-4-2-1. It's all he rage and fits our players

Zieler

Hernandez
Morgan
Huth

Albrighton
King
Amartey (James if ready)
Fuchs

Mahrez
Slimani
Musa

If you're playing Huth in a 3 it has to be in the middle but I think you need a ball player there like Hernandez

Go for 3-4-2-1. It's all he rage and fits our players

Zieler

Hernandez
Morgan
Huth

Albrighton
King
Amartey (James if ready)
Fuchs

Mahrez
Slimani
Musa

3-4-3 will allow us to taken apart even more IMO, 3-5-2 maybe however we have to face up to the fact that King and Amartey are not good enough for 90 Mins at this level

If the choice for a defensive midfielder to protect the back line is between King and Hernandez, then Hernandez gets my vote every day of the week as the bigger, stronger player who is not afraid to make big tackles all match long.

Everyone here seems so bitter and twisted at the moment, and I understand, but come on, we are current Champions! Enjoy it. Maybe a big group hug?

Everyone here seems so bitter and twisted at the moment, and I understand, but come on, we are current Champions! Enjoy it. Maybe a big group hug?

Get ****ed

Sunderland looked a decent team against Liverpool, certainly not the guaranteed points for us that I have seen suggested. I'm in a state of gloom though.

Thing is, I can't see what CR can do other than 'keep the faith', encourage and hope we come good. I don't see that we have the options to do much else. Hernandez coming in for Huth might be a thought though.

Personally, I think we have a glaring midfield problem (and DD's suspension just highlights that). It's not performing defensively nor attacking. In short, it's absent. The Jan window has never seemed so far away.

I hope for a least a point but I can't see it tbh. I think we're in a mess and we'll fall further before we turn around. There's just little cohesiveness in our performances, we're patchy and frail, lacking in confidence - and no sign of it getting better.

Sorry, I did say I'm full of gloom at the mo.

Sunderland looked a decent team against Liverpool, certainly not the guaranteed points for us that I have seen suggested. I'm in a state of gloom though.

Thing is, I can't see what CR can do other than 'keep the faith', encourage and hope we come good. I don't see that we have the options to do much else. Hernandez coming in for Huth might be a thought though.

Personally, I think we have a glaring midfield problem (and DD's suspension just highlights that). It's not performing defensively nor attacking. In short, it's absent. The Jan window has never seemed so far away.

I hope for a least a point but I can't see it tbh. I think we're in a mess and we'll fall further before we turn around. There's just little cohesiveness in our performances, we're patchy and frail, lacking in confidence - and no sign of it getting better.

Sorry, I did say I'm full of gloom at the mo.
Interesting that it took a newcomer to actually mention the word 'Sunderland' in a thread entitled "Sunderland vs Leicester" rather than some meandering discourse on the merits of various goalkeepers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669