Super League win Court battle

Exactly the same with me. I was totally against it but now, **** them. Everything would be better without the ****s.
Totally agree, except, as I said earlier, they don’t want to **** off, they want to be in both.

The latest offering:

It’s hardly a list that screams Super League, is it?

I'm surprised so many people are in favour of this on this forum.

If it happens, and the top 8-10 teams in the PL leave, we'll be stuck with the "also-rans" for the foreseeable future. And I think we're all seeing this season how even if we're beating the also-rans, some fans aren't getting much enjoyment out of it as there is a sense of entitlement that we should be playing at a higher level (even if people claim it's "the style"...).

I fear that this wouldn't be the reversion to the good old days, but would just push fans another step further away from the club as we would effectively be one tier further down.

I'm surprised so many people are in favour of this on this forum.

If it happens, and the top 8-10 teams in the PL leave, we'll be stuck with the "also-rans" for the foreseeable future. And I think we're all seeing this season how even if we're beating the also-rans, some fans aren't getting much enjoyment out of it as there is a sense of entitlement that we should be playing at a higher level (even if people claim it's "the style"...).

I fear that this wouldn't be the reversion to the good old days, but would just push fans another step further away from the club as we would effectively be one tier further down.
The top 8-10 teams wouldn’t leave though, they would remain in the Premier League and the chasm would grow further.

The top 8-10 teams wouldn’t leave though, they would remain in the Premier League and the chasm would grow further.
Money is the only motivator here. Hence the likely inclusion of a number of Saudi Arabian teams, etc.

As you say, the chasm would grow further, to the extent there may as well be a separate top half of the league. Champions League money is already an obscene differentiator. This would make it worse.

Which would become their de facto B teams (think how PL teams treat the Cup now, only more so) while the money coming in will mean no one else will be able to keep players, nor will they be eligble for promotion to this new promised land. Football would be over.

Meh. It's going to happen eventually anyway. May as well get it over with. Those in charge only change things to make the game worse. Football needs to eat itself so something can start again. The clubs only existing to eat the crumbs should all want something different when the inevitable happens.

I think the latest Super League announcement is a load of nonsense. Some of the clubs named have come out already to say that they're not part of it at all.

Having said that, it is coming. We're now seeing the beginning with the crash in the transfer market. This will not be tolerated by the rich clubs for long. They need lavish spending to generate income and excitement.

On the more general point about how it would affect us, I've never given a shite what team we play against. It could be Stoke or Real Madrid this afternoon as far as I'm concerned and I'd feel the same way. I am only interested in Leicester.

Those that attribute some of the subdued atmosphere to a lack of excitement related to who we're playing against have got it completely wrong. It's nothing to do with that at all.

I think the latest Super League announcement is a load of nonsense. Some of the clubs named have come out already to say that they're not part of it at all.

Having said that, it is coming. We're now seeing the beginning with the crash in the transfer market. This will not be tolerated by the rich clubs for long. They need lavish spending to generate income and excitement.

On the more general point about how it would affect us, I've never given a shite what team we play against. It could be Stoke or Real Madrid this afternoon as far as I'm concerned and I'd feel the same way. I am only interested in Leicester.

Those that attribute some of the subdued atmosphere to a lack of excitement related to who we're playing against have got it completely wrong. It's nothing to do with that at all.
Then what’s the point of promotion and relegation if, as you suggest, there is no difference between playing Liverpool or Leyton Orient?

It wasn’t necessarily who we play in terms of a name but what type of game would be generated against better teams and therefore improve the atmosphere.

Most teams we are playing this season park the bus and are overtly defensive. This wouldn’t happen in the Premier League as teams wouldn’t be scared of us.

It wasn’t necessarily who we play in terms of a name but what type of game would be generated against better teams and therefore improve the atmosphere.

Most teams we are playing this season park the bus and are overtly defensive. This wouldn’t happen in the Premier League as teams wouldn’t be scared of us.

Of course that’s true, it has happened in the majority of home games and has dictated the pace and general approach to the whole match. Any simpleton can see that

Plus settling yourself in to watch De Bruyne and Haaland et al is a tad more exciting than watching a load of cloggers from Swansea, none of whom you’ve ever heard of

I've asked some daft questions on here.
Yes.

To be interested in Leicester you HAVE to have an interest in others otherwise your “position / status” point of contact is zero.

To be a fan of a club and to follow it and aspire for it to be successful, gives you an interest in what you need to do to become the best (even if this is short-lived).

I don’t ever recall waking up in the night as a child dreaming of beating Millwall (cup aside), it was always Forest, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and so on.

Hope it all goes bang, all of it, including us.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463