Sven gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

RHYDAL

BBC Ticker reporting Sven and Man City have parted company. Not a great shock.

Very harsh, once again he'l get a very nice pay off.

Story here... http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/7430827.stm

Eriksson's reign at Man City ends

_44708428_eriksson203getty.jpg
Former England boss Eriksson joined City last summer

Manchester City have split with manager Sven-Goran Eriksson.
Despite guiding City to a Uefa Cup place last season, Eriksson was told by Thai owner Thaksin Shinawatra he was no longer wanted as long ago as April. "I have enjoyed my time at Manchester City very much and I would like to thank the fans, players and staff for their amazing support," said Eriksson. Former England boss Eriksson took over as City manager last summer and still had two years left on his contract.

Sven will find another job probably abroad this time.

But whoever takes over has some job to do as Sven got them in a decent position in the Premiership beat ManU TWICE and got them European football (via fairplay I know but still there)

Another foreign tosser as chairman who treats the club he owns as some sort of plaything . Now where have I heard that before?:102:

Last edited:

But whoever takes over has some job to do as Sven got them in a decent position in the Premiership beat ManU TWICE and got them European football (via fairplay I know but still there)

Another foreign tosser as chairman who treats the club he owns as some sort of plaything . Now where have I heard that before?:102:
Mark Hughes is early favourite.

Shocking decision.

He was starting to build a brilliant team, Richards' conversion to centre back was a cracking decision, signings like Elano and Petrov have adapted really well to this country, it's a real shame he was sacked.

I highly doubt their next manager will have a better season than Sven has had this season.

I'm suprised Mark Hughes wants to go to Man City considering he has built quite a good squad up there, a team who finished above Man City last season. I know Man City have the finances and the potential, but their owner is a twat.

I'm suprised Mark Hughes wants to go to Man City considering he has built quite a good squad up there, a team who finished above Man City last season. I know Man City have the finances and the potential, but their owner is a twat.

Nah mate hes a thai......

I told you. Sven is our man.

MM is now going to offer the mother of all long term contracts.

Chelsea left in the lurch now with Hughes going there and Ancelotti turning them down-surely its between Rijkaard and Mancini now?

Looks like it could be a Mexican stand off for Sven as he has striker Jared Borgetti branding the decison to appoint Sven-Goran Eriksson as national team coach "a big mistake" and "It's a bad idea to bring Eriksson to Mexico. He doesn't know Mexican football"

Wish he was at Leicester

Fair enough then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572