Sven sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stunned. Gutted. Shocking decision.

Gutted for Sven too. An intelligent manager who seemed to have totally bought into the club.

For those City fans calling for the likes of Billy Davies and Dave Jones instead of one of the finest European club managers of the past 20 years, then you might get your wish.

We were a laughing stock this time last year, we're now despised for our money, we will now be both together.

Surprised at the annoyance personally. The circumstances surrounding Pearson's departure were enough to suggest these Thai's were as bad as Mandaric. Interested to read people's opinions of the King Power bunch.

Nowhere near as good as the Hair Bear Bunch.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in a mood and was paraphrasing your comments on Premier League players not having the right skills for the Championship.

Do you not think there's a difference between good Premier League players and players who were just solid Premier League players (Koncheskey) or players who never really proved themselves at that level (as Nugent, Fernanedes or Beckford never really did)?

Francis Jeffers played over 100 games in the Premir League, does that mean he is good enough, or was ever good enough for the Championship?

Fazackerley on Radio Leicester saying that he understands that the club has arrangements for Sven's replacement in place.

Faz is also leaving.

Fazackerley on Radio Leicester saying that he understands that the club has arrangements for Sven's replacement in place.

Should ****ing well hope so too.

Regardless of the rights and wrongs, the King is dead, long live the King.

Faz is also leaving.

It is my understanding that the board have been so impressed with Steve Cotterill's start at Forest, they will make him their No1 target.

Re: Sven rumoured to have been sacked.

I'm worried this could tip you over the edge.
ICE, ICE, BABY!

Frosty times ahead, indeed.

I'm shocked and baffled by this decision and all the credibility the new owners have built up over slightly more than one season has gone out of the windows in minutes.
I've lost a bit of love for this club now and I can't really bring myself to follow the results any closer.

Something's just died inside of me.

Anyone but O'Neill please. Chris Powell please. :icon_bigg

I reckon somewhere in Hull a Mr Pearson is watching the news laughing his bollocks off & making wanker signs at the telly.

& I dont blame him one little bit.

ICE, ICE, BABY!

Frosty times ahead, indeed.

I'm shocked and baffled by this decision and all the credibility the new owners have built up over slightly more than one season has gone out of the windows in minutes.
I've lost a bit of love for this club now and I can't really bring myself to follow the results any closer.

Something's just died inside of me.

Little bit of an over reaction? I'm shocked and little disappointed but nobody's died. It's a well paid manager of a football club has lost his job. Life goes on.

I wonder if there were rumblings of this on Saturday that transmitted to the players . I have reserved my judgement of Sven but there were some signs last season and that has continued this season, not having a settled team, inconsistency etc. On the other hand i am surprised he has not been given until at least Christmas to work with the players he has spent so much money on. Only 2 points of the play offs and 5 short of second place the timing is surely wrong. I would be happy for MON to have another go or Alan Curbishley. Chris Powell has done well at Charlton and would be popular with fans and those players who remain that he has worked with before but i am sure this would be too soon for him to step up and too much of a gamble for the owners. I suspect there will be an announcement sooner rather than later.

A sad situation - but the correct and possibly inevitable decision.

Sven is a nice man and these days an ineffectual manager. His approach during last season was perhaps based on limited options but it ran into the buffers by the end of February. This season a different approach has produced no real sign of improvement. Lots of expense; lots of new players - none of them are that exciting except the goalkeeper

I just hope that the owners are focussed on bringing a manager who is right to bring success in the league we are in - not a 'name' who hasn't got a clue about suceess in the Championship......we can worry about having the right manager for the Premier Leagues if and when we get there; same goes for the Champions League etc ets.

I'm not pleased but I am relieved.

Little bit of an over reaction? I'm shocked and little disappointed but nobody's died. It's a well paid manager of a football club has lost his job. Life goes on.

He was talking about the uncooked rabbit he had for dinner.

I've said it before and I'll say it again- I wish these blokes had never turned up and we stuck with Pearson for another season.

I agree. I bet we would have made the prem by now with pearson. Thai or no Thais.

Stop fooking meddling with the club!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670