Taxi for Sousa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree but, at the stage of one chairman, a manager must tell the board who is in control of footballing matters. It is plain daft that we paid £2 million for Waghorn to be played as a winger.

We are in danger of a return to the Martin Allen days when he must have arrived some mornings wondering which new faces he might come across.

Surely this is a total misreading of the Martin Allen era. The only signing of that period that was not Allen's was Bruno Ngotti who was signed by Milan before Allen was appointed.
All the rest were Allen's signings. The decision was down to Martin Allen even when he changed his mind at the last moment as with Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.

Of course Milan can take the blame for the Martin Allen days for not finding out what he was like as a manager and as a man.

I agree that Waghorn was brought in by the chairman and I believe this is an excellent buy; perhaps the only good buy this season. The daftness is not Milan paying £2 million but Sousa playing him out of position.

In the Mockery - Sousa said: "Every time we change to 4-4-2 with two strikers down the middle, it has been a change in a positive way and we will explore that more, and probably, from the beginning."

It has only taken 9 games for him to realise

In the Mockery - Sousa said: "Every time we change to 4-4-2 with two strikers down the middle, it has been a change in a positive way and we will explore that more, and probably, from the beginning."

It has only taken 9 games for him to realise

The man is a fecking imbecile, if he has seen such positive change from reverting to 4-4-2 then why the feck has he not used the system more.

Last edited:
It's a small crumb of comfort, but let's be happy that it would appear he is admitting he has got it wrong previously. I'd rather that than him continuing to make the mistakes he already has.

It's a small crumb of comfort, but let's be happy that it would appear he is admitting he has got it wrong previously. I'd rather that than him continuing to make the mistakes he already has.
Don't speak too soon. You haven't seen his remedy yet.

True, but could things get any worse with him in charge? I'm just glad it would appear he knows he has got things wrong tactically, which is a step in the right direction considering the rumours of how arrogant he is and the belief that he is never wrong.

True, but could things get any worse with him in charge? I'm just glad it would appear he knows he has got things wrong tactically, which is a step in the right direction considering the rumours of how arrogant he is and the belief that he is never wrong.
I know for a fact that my Passat is busted. I have no idea how to fix it other than to get another man in, who knows about cars, to look at it.
It will cost me, but what choice do I have?

Last edited:
I know for a fact that my Passat is busted. I have no idea how to fix it other than to get another man in, who knows about cars, to look at it.
It will cost me, but what choice do I have?

I have no sympathy, what did you expect when you bought a Passat?

has he gone yet?

Unfortunately not. Given MM's posting in the Mercury about not changing things and getting behind the manager, I reckon that it will be some time before that happens.

He had a meeting with the new owners yesterday and I suspect (given his past record) that whilst he wants to get rid of PS, they have other ideas and will have put a block on it.

We have the game on Saturday where he (PS) makes out that he might just go 4-4-2 from the start, followed by a high profile (for the Asians) trip to Thailand for the friendly with the national team. I can't see that happening without their preferred manager in charge, nether can I see them wanting to be managerless for the game against Hull and the return of NP.

So, I think regardless of the outcome on Saturday, we will have Mr Sousa on board for some time to come.

I have no sympathy, what did you expect when you bought a Passat?
Exactly what I got. 7 years of unbroken service, 50 miles to the gallon, speed on tap from the 110hp turbo diesel engine, enough legroom for a monster like me and my family and dog and tenting gear, low cost insurance, and 150k now on the clock.
I've spent out only on servicing, tyres and brakes, and it's only failed to start once on a -6 morning when the missus got caught out not letting the glow plugs come up to temperature.

In fact thinking about it, this was a poor analogy to use. Perhaps it would be better applied to Dave Jones when he finally passes his sell by date.

Unfortunately not. Given MM's posting in the Mercury about not changing things and getting behind the manager, I reckon that it will be some time before that happens.

He had a meeting with the new owners yesterday and I suspect (given his past record) that whilst he wants to get rid of PS, they have other ideas and will have put a block on it.

We have the game on Saturday where he (PS) makes out that he might just go 4-4-2 from the start, followed by a high profile (for the Asians) trip to Thailand for the friendly with the national team. I can't see that happening without their preferred manager in charge, nether can I see them wanting to be managerless for the game against Hull and the return of NP.

So, I think regardless of the outcome on Saturday, we will have Mr Sousa on board for some time to come.

when Mandy says that it normally means he'll be gone by friday

I just see it as confirmation that in spite of all his bluster about his own playing style that he hadn't got a clue about what he is was on about.

In a way, its good Sousa is an arrogant and useless wotsit because I can direct hatred at him.

It was difficult to hate Rob Kelly because he was just clueless but essentially a clueless normal person who found himself in charge (admittedly of a bunch of ageing mediocre wan kers errr sorry smashing bunch of lads) and he did afterall keep redoubling the efforts on the training ground (efforts were at 4400% when he finally left - they went through 3 pairs of boots each every training session)

Bring back Martin Allen. Just been sacked. I bet they've changed the colour of the flowers at the training ground - that will rile him. Bastards.

In a way, its good Sousa is an arrogant and useless wotsit because I can direct hatred at him.

It was difficult to hate Rob Kelly because he was just clueless but essentially a clueless normal person who found himself in charge (admittedly of a bunch of ageing mediocre wan kers errr sorry smashing bunch of lads) and he did afterall keep redoubling the efforts on the training ground (efforts were at 4400% when he finally left - they went through 3 pairs of boots each every training session)

Bring back Martin Allen. Just been sacked. I bet they've changed the colour of the flowers at the training ground - that will rile him. Bastards.

No to bringing back Martin Allen.

The "clueless" Rob Kelly saved us from what seemed probable relegation. In his second season he certainly seemed to lose the plot. That first season Kelly had Ray Grayden in the stand looking down as a "w*s* old head" - rather like Steve Walsh Sr with Pearson.

Paulo reminds me of Peter Taylor. Both are intelligent and have strong theories about football. Unfortunately trying to put their ideas across to professional footballers is like talking nuclear physics to a bunch of Leeds fans.
Martin Allen was something completely different - and I do not mean that in a good way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669