• None

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

drummindefender

The Times thread has got me intrigued about TB political views-so who would you vote for right now if the general election were to to happen today?

(Sorry for not including NI parties but I can't think of anyone from here who lives there!?)

who would you vote for right now if the general election were to to happen today?

I thought I knew until a month or so ago but now I'm not sure.

The jury is still out and the various parties still have a bit of time left to get my *vote.

*Not that it matters anyway in the constituency that I live.

I thought I knew until a }onth or so ago but now I'm not sure.

The jury is still out and the various parties still have a bit of time left to get my *vote.

*Not that it matters anyway in the constituency that I live.
I know.

I've always voted Labour, but in our constituency it really is a wasted vote, so I'm very tempted to vote Lib. Dem. as they really are the only hope of ousting the Tory from his seat.

Whatever I decide, I will always make the effort to go out and vote because of the Suffragettes.

Anyone in Hinckley or South Leicestershire/old Blaby district really has a pointless vote. They've been Tory every year since the constituency was invented or something ridiculous.

I too will be going Lib Dem though, only slightly less of an embarrassingly low chance of getting out the Tories than Labour.

Last edited:
Anyone in Hinckley or South Leicestershire/old Blaby district really has a pointless vote. They've been Tory every year since the constituency was invented or something ridiculous.
Exactly- I live in Blaby and theres no chance the tories wont win here again, makes me wonder if theres any point voting

In my opinion there are only two parties that are capable of running the country and one of them has had it's chance. I will vote Tory because I believe they will improve the things that are important to me ie the NHS. I also think they have a better grasp of how to reduce the national debt.

Harborough.

Teddy Garnier is pretty much in a job for life.

:icon_sad:

He's got one of the faces that makes me want to punch him. He just looks so insincere. I've never spoken to him so I've no idea whether he is.

The previous Tory government certainly didn't.

Didn't they? I was too young to care/vote when they were last in charge so I wont base my choice on something that an entirely different group of people did (or did not) do 13 years ago.

Didn't they? I was too young to care/vote when they were last in charge so I wont base my choice on something that an entirely different group of people did (or did not) do 13 years ago.
Then what are you basing your view that they're better equipped to handle the national debt on? If you're saying your not basing it on what the tories have done previously in government then how do you know cameron and co will be any better seeing as they have no experience of running the country?

Then what are you basing your view that they're better equipped to handle the national debt on? If you're saying your not basing it on what the tories have done previously in government then how do you know cameron and co will be any better seeing as they have no experience of running the country?

Perhaps he's thinking they simply can't do any worse :102:

Perhaps he's thinking they simply can't do any worse :102:
Fair enough but he should have stated that! I was simply picking fault in his justification for his arguements.

So 13 years ago you would have voted Tory just be on the safe side?

I was criticising his post, as mentioned above, for using previous regimes to justify certain views, but disregarded them in relation to others, for a lack of consistency. I wans't saying all votes should be based on who has experience in governing, I was picking fault with the nature of the arguement (because Im bored. No offence singth)

And 13 years ago I was 8 :icon_bigg

Didn't they, I thought we had a record national debt?

Make you wonder why people were always moaning about Tory cuts if they were pissing our money up the wall same as Labour.

It was more the way the Tories went about it, creating record levels of unemployment and basically ****ing anyone who didn't have a university degree up the arse.

Dont get me wrong, I hope Labour dont win this election. Change is defnitely needed-history has shown that single party dominance over a prolonged period in the UK has often lead to a stagnation.

Lib Dem for me! as pointless as it is considering they'd side with Labour if theres a hung parliament...

It was more the way the Tories went about it, creating record levels of unemployment and basically ****ing anyone who didn't have a university degree up the arse.
Whereas Labour have reduced the value of university degrees because everyones got them now? I agree with them that Higher Education should be more accessible, and doing this by providing greater financial support etc to those who need it is a good policy. But its almost like everyone goes to uni these days and gets pointless degrees which don't help them get anywhere in employment terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669