Votes: 1 1.8%
  • None

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have absolutely no idea who my local candidates are - in all the time I've owned this house (10 years) I've never once seen any of them in the area apart from polling day.

The Labour party were out in force in Harborough town centre yesterday, handing out leaflets. So may be they think they stick some sort of chance after all.

The local Lib Dem councillors push things through the letter box throughout the year.

Labour has reduced the unemployment by creating lots of new jobs in the public sector. So now we have high unemployment and a high amount of public sector workers. Labour's regime has been built on debt and false wealth.

Gordon Brown is an idiot, not only did he sell all of the countries gold at rock bottom prices he announced it the day before, driving the price lower. Then there is the pension raids etc. He's basically bought the electorate.

The Labour party were out in force in Harborough town centre yesterday, handing out leaflets. So may be they think they stick some sort of chance after all.

Then they are deluded. Labour will never take Harborough in my lifetime.

My only option is to therefore spoil my ballot paper - so I am considering various new and exciting ways to do so

Would the spoiling of the ballot paper involve bodily excretions of some description?

I worked with a bloke in Oz who used to spoil every ballot paper he ever had with the words '**** off you load of ****s' or similar.

Oh, how little do you know!:icon_bigg

Ben Elton's hardly Nick Griffin is he?

Anyway, seeing as I never paid attention to The Young Ones on account of it being even less funny than Only Fools and Horses, can you clue me in on the meaning of HTB?

I worked with a bloke in Oz who used to spoil every ballot paper he ever had with the words '**** off you load of ****s' or similar.

I'd love to do that.

Looks like I will vote Labour out of nothing more than rejecting the possibilities of the Tories becoming my employers (round-about way I know). After the butchering of the County Council in the past couple of months, I'd rather have a slow death and try to get more of a training done (if my job does appear on dodgy footing).

Wouldn't surprise anyone if I said that my workplace is vastly understaffed! It's the over-use of agency and consultants which bumps up the costs. That these silly roles attached to campaigns such as One Leicester. My job is however somewhat unique as it's expected salary is way beyond what a public body could afford.

All this doesn't disguise that Labour don't deserve another term. So as Homer said that's democracy for you.

Last edited:
I'd love to do that.

Looks like I will vote Labour out of nothing more than rejecting the possibilities of the Tories becoming my employers (round-about way I know). After the butchering of the County Council in the past couple of months, I'd rather have a slow death and try to get more of a training done (if my job does appear on dodgy footing).

Wouldn't surprise anyone if I said that my workplace is vastly understaffed! It's the over-use of agency and consultants which bumps up the costs. That these silly roles attached to campaigns such as One Leicester. My job is however somewhat unique as it's expected salary is way beyond what a public body could afford.

All this doesn't disguise that Labour don't deserve another term. So as Homer said that's democracy for you.

Labour don't deserve another term but your votng for them anyway? :icon_conf

Labour don't deserve another term but your votng for them anyway? :icon_conf

Out of protection for my job yes. I thought I made that pretty clear.

If you were a caterer who supplied food for Labour.....you'd want them to win the election to ensure that you'd get more work. You wouldn't necessarily agree with certain decisions (like how it's costs you x amount more drive from place to place) but you'd vote for them to ensure work.

Out of protection for my job yes. I thought I made that pretty clear.

If you were a caterer who supplied food for Labour.....you'd want them to win the election to ensure that you'd get more work. You wouldn't necessarily agree with certain decisions (like how it's costs you x amount more drive from place to place) but you'd vote for them to ensure work.

But don't you work for the council?

Labour has reduced the unemployment by creating lots of new jobs in the public sector. So now we have high unemployment and a high amount of public sector workers. Labour's regime has been built on debt and false wealth.

Gordon Brown is an idiot, not only did he sell all of the countries gold at rock bottom prices he announced it the day before, driving the price lower. Then there is the pension raids etc. He's basically bought the electorate.

Your point about unemployment and public sector jobs is complete nonsense. The only parts of the public sector that have significantly increased since Labour came to power are NHS and teaching. Both are greatly improved as a result. Chronic underinvestment in our schools and hospitals from the tories was a national disgrace.

Many other areas of the public sector have shrunk. The only thing that makes the overall total close now is the fact that 20,000 extra staff were recruited to Jobcentre Plus to support measures to counter the recession. This investment has proved incredibly successful and, sensibly, these were all fixed term appointments and they will all be leaving again shortly.

Check out the actual budget report and look at the levels of debt being accrued in the early 90s. They were horrific considering we were not investing in core services and most of the world was not in recession. That was the worst economic management this country has ever seen. Let us also not forget that it was Thatcher who created the society based on false wealth and 'have today, pay tomorrow'. Any serious person has to say that the way the government handled the economic crisis over the last year or so has been proved correct.

Your point about the sale of gold is spot on. Brown made a total mess of it. The decision on pensions was the correct call in my opinion and it's a decision that would have had to be taken by any government at some point.

Anybody who thinks that this country would be in better hands with halfwits like Cameron and Osbourne is thick or insane.

But we have 2.5 million unemployed now (higher than when they came into office) and more to come when the inevitable cuts come, whoever wins the election. We've just had the longest boom in history and long term unemployment never moved. Labour have ****ed up big time and deserve to be kicked out.

Wrong. Actual figure is 1.6m which is less than in 1997. Also, those on inactive benefits is going down - something that has never happened in previouis recessions. Long term unemployment is rising now because of the recession but is it miles lower than in the 80s and 90s. It is way lower now that in 1997.

Where do you get your facts from - the Daily Mail?

Wrong. Actual figure is 1.6m which is less than in 1997. Also, those on inactive benefits is going down - something that has never happened in previouis recessions. Long term unemployment is rising now because of the recession but is it miles lower than in the 80s and 90s. It is way lower now that in 1997.

Where do you get your facts from - the Daily Mail?

Maybe he gets them from the Government

The latest figures for the number of unemployed people does actually come in at 2.45 million

The 1.6 million figure relates to the number of people claiming JSA

Long term unemployment figures are now the highest they have been since 1997

Maybe he gets them from the Government

The latest figures for the number of unemployed people does actually come in at 2.45 million

The 1.6 million figure relates to the number of people claiming JSA

Long term unemployment figures are now the highest they have been since 1997

1. Long term unemployment is lower now than in 1997.
2. The number on JSA is lower now than in 1997.
3. The total unemployed is lower now than in 1997.
4. The total number of people on inactive benefits is lower than in 1997.

All in the light of the worst world recession since the 2nd World War.

There are plenty of things you can rightly criticise this Government for, but mismanagement of unemployment is not one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669