TB2 - Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Han

Following a majority vote, we will be playing at Sports Leagues from next week instead of goals. It is located at Freemans Common, i believe everyone is ok to get there.

It is slightly different down there, main differences are:

1) it is only 4 a-side (which makes it easier for us to get enough players each week) - maximum players is 6
2) It is £30 a week, 6 players only pay £5 each
3) you play 2 games per night, each lasts 20 minutes.

The full rules are here and the website is here.

The decision has been made because:

a) it's been difficult to get players every week
b) it's getting expensive (due to less players)
c) they generally seem to be a better bunch

The current 'core' squad is follows:

Nathan
Fcukcov
PDS
Lazzer
M17TT C
Melton Fox

For now, this 6 will take priority over Thursday night players (subject to my/melts' discreton). Drew has also appeared every week (except tonight).

Thanks to everyone for scrapping away on Thursdays, it's been hard having different players every week. Hopefully we'll settle a little easier at Sports Leagues.

Nathan

I've said "scrapping away on Thursdays" but meant Monday :icon_lol:

I meant to say thanks to all of the Thursday lads for helping out.

Still struggling with injury, walking is a problem at the minute. I will be back though.

Gonna be weird not having any walls to play off.

When do we start down there then? next week?

yes. 9.15. I think we'll have two games back to back. you usually get a break between the two.

how long are the breaks? do you end up hanging around for say an hour between games?

The only thing that appeals to me is the overhead height rule, other than that it looks pretty shit.

But appearances can be decpetive so I'll have a proper opinion once we're under way.

oh didn't realise you could play over head height. Have to try another shot like last night then, might work this time.......

ok answered my own question about the break by actually reading the rules.

The only thing that appeals to me is the overhead height rule, other than that it looks pretty shit.

But appearances can be decpetive so I'll have a proper opinion once we're under way.

Hopefully it means they've spent more time and money on getting the procedures right, rather than jazzing the place up. Only time will tell.

This is good news for me. If ever you are short, I can be there - seeing as I work a 30 second walk away

This is good news for me. If ever you are short, I can be there - seeing as I work a 30 second walk away

Then your name is on the list for Monday. Just waiting to see who else is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566