Teacher in Sudan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarby

don't see what you are trying to get at there...given their history and present i really can't see going to give their people an education as something people would want to do.

why can't you?

Loads of places have a history such as Sudan, it doesnt stop them because they want to try and make a difference. They don't want to sit around not doing anything, and what they get in return is a more enrichening life, a chance to live a new culture, meet new people get out of Britain.

I can understand you saying its not ideal, but some people decide to dedicate their lives to others.

fitz

why can't you?

Loads of places have a history such as Sudan, it doesnt stop them because they want to try and make a difference. They don't want to sit around not doing anything, and what they get in return is a more enrichening life, a chance to live a new culture, meet new people get out of Britain.

I can understand you saying its not ideal, but some people decide to dedicate their lives to others.

why can't i see what you were getting at with "good one" as a response?

if you would like to work in the country of the blacks with all its very tainted history then fair enough. as i've said i just can't see why go there, if i was to live in a different culture i'd certainly look elsewhere to there

Scarby

why can't i see what you were getting at with "good one" as a response?

if you would like to work in the country of the blacks with all its very tainted history then fair enough. as i've said i just can't see why go there, if i was to live in a different culture i'd certainly look elsewhere to there

the good one comment was getting at you, and your response.

I suggest you see the wider picture. Have you ever been there? how do you know what its like?

Its reported poor legal system and poverty might be enough to turn you away but others can see though that.

fitz

the good one comment was getting at you, and your response.

I suggest you see the wider picture. Have you ever been there? how do you know what its like?

Its reported poor legal system and poverty might be enough to turn you away but others can see though that.

no i haven't been there, and the state of the country at the moment suggests to me that i have made a good choice. what exactly was wrong with my response?

Siouxsie

Because they want to help those you dont have a great Education system like we do over here. Maybe they want to think they can make a difference.

I was considering going to Africa to teach for a bit.

Have you seen the school?

http://www.unityhighschool.org/

It's a British international school with mainly ex-pat kids or ones with rich parents, so in this particular case I don't think your theory holds.

According to some theories this is the problem - some locals don't want this western school there and have been looking for a reason to get it closed down.

Brauny Blue

Imo they have done more damage to themselves rather than anything else over this non existent incident. 1st its cartoons then teddy bears, how on earth can people respect them when they are baying for executions over such innocuous trivialities. If the teacher had been condemning the prophet by ranting and raving then they would be much more justified in being upset and taking action. The teacher has been used as a propaganda pawn by extremists wanting to exploit every possible avenue in denouncing the western world.

Macky

Gruntled Member
Have you seen the school?

http://www.unityhighschool.org/

It's a British international school with mainly ex-pat kids or ones with rich parents, so in this particular case I don't think your theory holds.

According to some theories this is the problem - some locals don't want this western school there and have been looking for a reason to get it closed down.

But the original complaint to the ministry of education was made by a fellow teacher at the same school.

Last edited:

Macky

Gruntled Member
Imo they have done more damage to themselves rather than anything else over this non existent incident. 1st its cartoons then teddy bears, how on earth can people respect them when they are baying for executions over such innocuous trivialities. If the teacher had been condemning the prophet by ranting and raving then they would be much more justified in being upset and taking action. The teacher has been used as a propaganda pawn by extremists wanting to exploit every possible avenue in denouncing the western world.

Yes, but it was an idiotic faux pas by the teacher, she shouldn't have been in the country if she can play into their hands so easily.

M17TT C

Yes, but it was an idiotic faux pas by the teacher, she shouldn't have been in the country if she can play into their hands so easily.

Yeah, but bollocks to that. Have you got a light mate, I'm gagging for this bong!!!

Macky

Gruntled Member
Yeah, but bollocks to that. Have you got a light mate, I'm gagging for this bong!!!

Sorry mate I'm mashed of me snotter & I can't find the wheels for me clipper. :icon_lol:

foxin_oz

One sure thing - I bet no one buys the lady a teddy for Christmas

Damn ... and I had one all picked out ... lacey black number with red trim. :icon_conf

foxin_oz

You will be gagging if you let Macky near it. He left his false teeth in the last bong he was offered. :icon_conf

Steven

hear hear, but i think his smileys suggested he knew that

No I am serious. Why does any "religion" need a "God" and need a particular form to be a religion. I believe as fervently as any "God" squadder in the lack of any "God" and yet that is not a religion.

To my way of thinking it is religious intolerance and religious hate that denies me this opportunity.

Darth Vodka

No I am serious. Why does any "religion" need a "God" and need a particular form to be a religion. I believe as fervently as any "God" squadder in the lack of any "God" and yet that is not a religion.

To my way of thinking it is religious intolerance and religious hate that denies me this opportunity.

are you saying atheism is a religion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670