Temporary Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

Instead of a full appointment why someone until the end of the season. Then we can reassess. Dave Bassett and Bobby Robson are available. ;)

Steven said:
Instead of a full appointment why someone until the end of the season. Then we can reassess. Dave Bassett and Bobby Robson are available. ;)

Along with Dion Dublin....

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Now I am heading for the pills and alcohol !

It will happen.....Dublin til the end of the Season if CL is axed.Tell me why it wouldn't?

Last edited:
highland fox said:
Along with Dion Dublin....

I would lose faith if that were to happen. :confused: :( :icon_sad: :frown:

highland fox said:
It will happen.....Dublin til the end of the Season if CL is axed.Tell me why it wouldn't?

Because he has done nothing to show he is capable or deserving of managing a club of our size and I think our predictament would make it too big a risk.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Because he has done nothing to show he is capable or deserving of managing a club of our size and I think our predictament would make it too big a risk.

Much bigger risk than leaving things as they are. :icon_conf :icon_conf :icon_razz :icon_wink ;)

Steven said:
Much bigger risk than leaving things as they are. :icon_conf :icon_conf :icon_razz :icon_wink ;)

That is a difficult one to call Steven.

I think there is a high chance of a temporary manager & it wouldn't amaze me if they dug up the dreaded Dave Bassett again. It would buy time etc etc.

I have to say that far from being right about Levein, I got it wrong. I thought that he would have enough about him to ensure that this group of players avoided relegation or even a serious danger of relegation.

Now, I have little doubt that he is a broken straw and this presents the dilemma as to whether it is best to take drastic action.

Redditch Fox said:
That is a difficult one to call Steven.

I think there is a high chance of a temporary manager & it wouldn't amaze me if they dug up the dreaded Dave Bassett again. It would buy time etc etc.

I have to say that far from being right about Levein, I got it wrong. I thought that he would have enough about him to ensure that this group of players avoided relegation or even a serious danger of relegation.

Now, I have little doubt that he is a broken straw and this presents the dilemma as to whether it is best to take drastic action.

Levein may well save us from relegation, but the cold harsh facts of the matter is we should be nowhere near a relegation battle in the first place, with the budget and squad of players at his disposal, mid table safety should be the minimum. So even if stay up by one goal, I see no reason why Levein should be given another opportunity next season.

I refer back to a point I made last night. We need someone who can galvenise the team and get them winning matches and I think Bassett could do that.

There is a rumour on the Rivals Site that the Scots will out in the next fortnight and that Elliott and Taggart could be the new management team, not convinced by that one.

PONTUS KAAMARK said:
I refer back to a point I made last night. We need someone who can galvenise the team and get them winning matches and I think Bassett could do that.

I take it you are serious?!

It would be a very depressing move, but would probably work in the sense that the players at the manager's disposal should acheive a mid-table position without that much difficulty. This would allow Bassett to claim yet another miracle.

The fact that we are 20th...and everybody knows that after 25 games, you are where you deserve to be, just shows how badly the club is now managed.

If Bassett comes back on a temporary basis, I think I will just try to ignore things for 5 months and hope that a fresh start can be made in the summer.

Why not get the bird in your picture running the team PF FOX. If that didnt get the bunch of muppets we have pumped up then they certainly hevent got a heart for this club

Last edited:
chappyblue said:
Why not get the bird in your picture running the team PF FOX. If that didnt get the bunch of muppets we have pumped up then they certainly hevent got a hart for this club

She certainly looks as though she could install some discipline. :icon_wink ;)

chappyblue said:
Why not get the bird in your picture running the team PF FOX. If that didnt get the bunch of muppets we have pumped up then they certainly hevent got a hart for this club

Paul Hart?:102:

Dave bassett, You realy cant be serious, Please tell me you dont think we have sunk that low that DB would be an improvment.

newtonfox said:
hope not but hey lets hope DD dose the job all the players all look up to him

newtonfox

ps hello eveyone ive been a season ticket holder for a few yrs now and only just got on the net so beare with me while i get used to this

:098:

It's ok there is no rush. Take your time.
welcome.gif

PFKAKTF FOX said:

But he would be cheap and a lot of them at the Club and fans think the sun shines out of his Arse.

highland fox said:
But he would be cheap and a lot of them at the Club and fans think the sun shines out of his Arse.
Remember Rob Kelly is not tied to CL he did not even appoint him. (I think). As I understand it Rob Kelly would have to be in charge with Dion as a second in command as Dion doesnt quite have al his coaching badges yet does he?:102:

Well done one 9k Highland.

Welcome Newtown Fox

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675