Temporary Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
fcukcov said:
Remember Rob Kelly is not tied to CL he did not even appoint him. (I think). As I understand it Rob Kelly would have to be in charge with Dion as a second in command as Dion doesnt quite have al his coaching badges yet does he?:102:

Well done one 9k Highland.

Welcome Newtown Fox

Cheers,didn't even notice 'in the heat of battle' with Durham and his band of Merry Men:)

highland fox said:
Cheers,didn't even notice 'in the heat of battle' with Durham and his band of Merry Men:)
Not very fecking merry though are they Highland;)

Tell you what got rid of me xmas av and changed back to nightshift on the forum view.

Bloody christmas is over, its been another crap one thank you everybloodybody.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Because he has done nothing to show he is capable or deserving of managing a club of our size and I think our predictament would make it too big a risk.

And nor had Stuart Pearce at Man City, he ain't doing too bad...

alex said:
And nor had Stuart Pearce at Man City, he ain't doing too bad...

Did he not manage Forest for a while and wasn't also part of Keegans management team though Alex?

highland fox said:
But he would be cheap and a lot of them at the Club and fans think the sun shines out of his Arse.

No ...... a lot of fans think DD is an arse:)

highland fox said:
Did he not manage Forest for a while and wasn't also part of Keegans management team though Alex?
What about Chris Coleman. None of the fans wanted him and he hasnt done too bad at Fulham.

fcukcov said:
What about Chris Coleman. None of the fans wanted him and he hasnt done too bad at Fulham.

Get Dublin in then,local lad must be good...
Would you like a list of the ones with no expierience who have failed?

You can have Cottee as your starter for 10.

Last edited:
highland fox said:

He was certainly part of Keegan's team, you're right there....

DD Has plied his trade under some great management....I don't know, would still love to see Walshy there!

highland fox said:

I noticed 9k last night :038: :038: :038: but was trying to stay awake:icon_conf

alex said:

DD Has plied his trade under some great management....I don't know, would still love to see Walshy there!

Dublin also learnt his Trade under ...John Beck and thats who's style we would be modelled on IMo.

alex said:

Great past players dont make good managers...... ask McLintock

highland fox said:
Get Dublin in then,local lad must be good...
Would you like a list of the ones with no expierience who have failed
Didnt say that Highland and Chris Coleman is not local to Fulham. TBH I was playing Devils Adovocate. there are many more managers with/without experience that fail every year in what they were doing. If there wasnt there would have been more than 4 winners of the premirer league for a start.

Im not saying DD is the right option, I actualy think sticking with CL maybe the best option we have at our disposal. Let him bring in a couple more players and selloff/let a couple go. See where we are in the summer, Im talking financially etc we will stil be in this league, then make the decision as o what moenys we have and where we want the club to go.

Basset wouldnt be a dismal choice his record in this league is respectable with numerous promotions under his belt, he was also the one that prepared us for the adams promotion year. Its his premiership record which is poor and considering we are in the championship and not the premiership that shouldnt be reflected in this.

Chrysalis said:
Basset wouldnt be a dismal choice his record in this league is respectable with numerous promotions under his belt, he was also the one that prepared us for the adams promotion year. Its his premiership record which is poor and considering we are in the championship and not the premiership that shouldnt be reflected in this.

but surley if what you say is true we will be promoted and then obviously keep bassett and go straight donw again :icon_razz :038: :icon_bigg

Chrysalis said:

I'm reluctant to have too much of a go at Dave Bassett because I wouldn't be surprised to see him back over the next month or so.

However, like Geoff Boycott, Fred Trueman in cricket - Dave Bassett does a wonderful self-sell as a football manager. He tells everyone about how many promotions he's achieved but leaves out the number of times he's taken clubs down.

That said, he probably has enough ring craft to steady the ship.

In the spirit of Christmas (Not) - could i dare to mention that he might also bring along with him, his buddy Dennis Wise!!! - and on a final note of festive goodwill, have you noticed how many appearances, Callum, hero of the poker war, continues to manage in a season?

Steven said:
Instead of a full appointment why someone until the end of the season. Then we can reassess. Dave Bassett and Bobby Robson are available. ;)

Just till the end of the season maybe Martin O`Neill !

mad biker said:
Just till the end of the season maybe Martin O`Neill !

MB I really hope you are not teasing us with snippetts you have heard coming out of the club, actually come to think of it I hope you are !

I would love to see it happen, but the heartbreaking scenario would be to see the impact MON would have, to then see him leave our club for a second time.

Sticking with CL in my opinion is going to be the best option. from watching the team this season i think it looks like we have a quality squad, one which i feel under CL is capable of getting promotion next season. Cl has come in and cut the budget signifficantly and built up a high quality young squad. admittedly the last 2 games or so have been an underachievment but it is still a rebuilding process that is yet to be completed. I don't believe there is any doubt in his ability to buy players and letting him strengthen the squad in january and seeing how things turn out till the end of the season and giving him the one after aswell would be the best option!

joe501 said:
but surley if what you say is true we will be promoted and then obviously keep bassett and go straight donw again :icon_razz :038: :icon_bigg

beats going down to league one and hoping we come back up again tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669