Terrorism in Mumbai

Status
Not open for further replies.

City Fan

I've spent most of the night watching Sky News/BBC News - just flabbergasted that this sort of stuff goes on, can't imagine how terrifying it must have been for those caught up in it.

My brother is not allowed flying he was ment to be back in England yesterday but they don't know when they are allowed out of the country, worrying times :(

The siege at one of the hotels seems to be over.

Two of my work mates are India at the moment and were supposed to be flying into Mumbai on Sunday.

According to the new the terrorists are looking for people with British and american passports.

I've spent most of the night watching Sky News/BBC News - just flabbergasted that this sort of stuff goes on, can't imagine how terrifying it must have been for those caught up in it.

I'm sorry to bring the tone down in a serious thread but that word made me giggle.

I'm sorry to bring the tone down in a serious thread but that word made me giggle.

I love the word so use it as much as I can.....:icon_wink

i think its an inside job done on behalf of the ECB do to the fact that england have been shite and its their only way they wont lose any more games :icon_wink

well the good news is my brother is on the way to the airport and has been sent there by the British Embassy,

"Terrorist" have let hostages leave the Taj Mahal hotel and i really hope this gets sorted soon, i have a lot of family in Mumbai so its very worrying times

Just criminals from the decca mujahideen.

I've got a joke about Mumbai, but I won't say it....

In all seriousness, it's sad times, R.I.P those who died. Hope those who are hostage make it out alive/injury free.

Last edited:
I was supposed to be in Mumbai this week, but managed to make my excuses and got out of it, thanks be to ****.
One of the other lads I work with went out instead and we haven't been able to get hold of him this morning.

Lets just hope theres no hasty reaction to this-especially if it somehow links to Pakistan as it could get nasty...

I've been to watch cricket in both countries and i can safely say the hatred between the 2 is really intense. Even the cricket is affected!

IMO the pakistani's are a lot less welcoming and it made me feel a bit uneasy even watching a sport played around the world. The indians however were very friendly and i would go back at the drop of a hat.

I was supposed to be in Mumbai this week, but managed to make my excuses and got out of it, thanks be to ****.
One of the other lads I work with went out instead and we haven't been able to get hold of him this morning.

My bosses son has an apartment in the hotel that is still under siege that he uses when there on business and had left the room to fly to another part of India less than 2 hours before it all kicked off.

My missus knows the Brit who was killed. Worked for him in Newark at one of his business. Hes Greek and a bit dodgy by all accounts :icon_eek:

well the good news is my brother is on the way to the airport and has been sent there by the British Embassy,

"Terrorist" have let hostages leave the Taj Mahal hotel and i really hope this gets sorted soon, i have a lot of family in Mumbai so its very worrying times

Still explosions and gunfire comng from within there though and its on fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469