Confirmed Transfer Tetê

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which two central midfielders do we have that can allow us to play Maddison as a 10?

Because on the evidence of this season, Ndidi, Tielemans, Soumare and Dewsbury-Hall need to be in a three.
BN for me KDH has great energy but does not see the pass quick enough maybe this will come, Ndidi is bang out of form and he does not like Mendy despite what he did in the AFCON, Mendy needs a constant run of games to deliver BR I guess does not have that luxury or even rates him.

Soumare is a box to Box midfielder and is not being played that way, the issue for me is BR insistence on playing a lone striker whether it is Vardy, Daka or Nacho they are swallowed up by the opposing defence. BR plays the same way shit or bust and everyone knows it, the occasions where we have gone 3-5-2 we have created much more however, he only does this when he is chasing a game with 20 mins left.

I would have KDH on the left of midfield ( he will work back Barnes will not) Tielemans and Ndidi/Mendy in the middle and either Albrighton or the new lad on the right. I would then have Madders and Vardy upfront to link up together. I would love to see Daka used and hit the channels and use his pace I do not know if it is confidence or intellect but he does not appear able to do it so for me he plays Vardy or Nacho.

We are being exploited every game down our left flank, Thomas is out of his depth and it is exaggerated by Barnes who has no work ethic and hides when tasked with defending, just watch how he manages to hold a position that marks no one yet looks like he is tracking back, it maybe that BR does not want Barnes to track back so we can counter, if that is true then BR is an idiot because every team is exploiting this.

Tielemans strength is his passing into the pockets both short and deep yet BR current set up negates this and we end up with this laborious sideways passing, if we do manage a counter attack our attacker is swamped and he can't lay it off because we can not support him quick enough. BR is far too negative imo just look at when we defend corners our entire 11 is in the box, if he left a striker on the halfway line the other team will leave two defenders back with him, if Madders is on the edge of the 18 yard box he has to be covered in case of a counter attack. Instead all we do is clear the ball and immediately come under attack again, it would be interesting to see how many goals have been conceded after clearing a corner?

I just do not see where his current 4-5-1 or on occasions 4-3-3 has any benefits, for me he is not playing to our strengths the vast majority of our first eleven are good players they are being asked to play in a way that they either do not like or can not do, either way BR has to adapt and then evolve when he receives new additions.

Apologies for the rant but it really is becoming tedious to watch.

BN for me KDH has great energy but does not see the pass quick enough maybe this will come, Ndidi is bang out of form and he does not like Mendy despite what he did in the AFCON, Mendy needs a constant run of games to deliver BR I guess does not have that luxury or even rates him.

Soumare is a box to Box midfielder and is not being played that way, the issue for me is BR insistence on playing a lone striker whether it is Vardy, Daka or Nacho they are swallowed up by the opposing defence. BR plays the same way shit or bust and everyone knows it, the occasions where we have gone 3-5-2 we have created much more however, he only does this when he is chasing a game with 20 mins left.

I would have KDH on the left of midfield ( he will work back Barnes will not) Tielemans and Ndidi/Mendy in the middle and either Albrighton or the new lad on the right. I would then have Madders and Vardy upfront to link up together. I would love to see Daka used and hit the channels and use his pace I do not know if it is confidence or intellect but he does not appear able to do it so for me he plays Vardy or Nacho.

We are being exploited every game down our left flank, Thomas is out of his depth and it is exaggerated by Barnes who has no work ethic and hides when tasked with defending, just watch how he manages to hold a position that marks no one yet looks like he is tracking back, it maybe that BR does not want Barnes to track back so we can counter, if that is true then BR is an idiot because every team is exploiting this.

Tielemans strength is his passing into the pockets both short and deep yet BR current set up negates this and we end up with this laborious sideways passing, if we do manage a counter attack our attacker is swamped and he can't lay it off because we can not support him quick enough. BR is far too negative imo just look at when we defend corners our entire 11 is in the box, if he left a striker on the halfway line the other team will leave two defenders back with him, if Madders is on the edge of the 18 yard box he has to be covered in case of a counter attack. Instead all we do is clear the ball and immediately come under attack again, it would be interesting to see how many goals have been conceded after clearing a corner?

I just do not see where his current 4-5-1 or on occasions 4-3-3 has any benefits, for me he is not playing to our strengths the vast majority of our first eleven are good players they are being asked to play in a way that they either do not like or can not do, either way BR has to adapt and then evolve when he receives new additions.

Apologies for the rant but it really is becoming tedious to watch.
I agree with much of this. Tete does allow us to play the 4-2-3-1 better, linking up with the lone striker as we've tried Barnes doing that before. It also puts Madders back in the middle of the 3. Youri & Mendy/Ndidi and then the back 4. A shift to 3 at the back can only happen if we sign another CB or Soyuncu plays, but in doing do would allow 2 up front which suits Ihenacho and also Daka/Vardy. We've really missed Peirera and Justin in the wide areas defensively and progressively.

Fully fit side that we will never see (assuming Souttar comes in)...

Ward

Ricardo
Evans
Souttar
Justin

Ndidi
Tielemans
Maddison

Barnes
Tete
Vardy

Desperately needs a new keeper in that line up.

And i'd still say a proper left back as 2 right footers playing on the left will give us the same lack of width that we have now.

If you have a winger that likes to cut inside all the time, like Barnes (and Head from the sounds of it), then you need to have a full back behind them that is natural on that side to keep the width.

Barnes cuts inside to open up a space down the left but as soon as it is passed to a right footer there, they need to cut inside again, narrowing the play.

Inverted full backs can work, but only if they are comfortable on both feet.

We were by far our best when we had a fully fit Ricky P ripping up and down the right with Chilwell on the left.

I think a new defensive midfielder becomes more of a priority than a keeper if we can't get the old NDidi back.

Mendy is off, NDidi is crap.

No way, I'd take an out of form Ndidi, Mendy or Soumare in that position over Ward all day long.

Kevin Hatchard, one of the European football experts on talksport, was on earlier and was extremely positive about Tetê. Rates him very highly indeed. Says he's exciting and has plenty of trickery.

Do you think Tetê has signed for us by mistake, a bit like when Robinho thought he was about to sign for Chelsea?

Kevin Hatchard, one of the European football experts on talksport, was on earlier and was extremely positive about Tetê. Rates him very highly indeed. Says he's exciting and has plenty of trickery.

Do you think Tetê has signed for us by mistake, a bit like when Robinho thought he was about to sign for Chelsea?
Nah, he had a lovely meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570